THE BROWNS BOARD

Boomers' Last Ride?

MLD Woody

14 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You got me, Biden is right at the edge. I should have checked. Didn't consider either of them "silent".

My bad

Wording aside, point still stands. I hope our government can start getting younger soon. 

Or you could just appropriate the phrase of the hippies not to trust anyone over thirty. I guess maybe today 40 is the new 30.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Or don't bust the woodpeckers bubble he lives to balkanize everybody into fake and arbitrary generation corrals. 

WSS

NAILED IT

Or don't bust the woodpeckers bubble he lives to balkanize everybody into fake and arbitrary generation corrals. 

WSS

Hahahaha

As if multiple people on this board haven't bitched about millennials before, frequently confusing them with Zoomers. Give me a damn break.

I don't expect other older people to necessarily see the issue with having the two oldest candidates ever, on top of having an old senate and house. It definitely dates our ability to actually solve problems though...

25 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I don't know, Biden doesn't seem physically unfit to me. Dementia very early stages. I'm sure if the Democrats can keep him locked in the cellar for quite a while.

WSS

For a guy on the high side of 75, (78 next month) Joe is in fine shape. Even before Donnie got bit by the corona bug- I would bet the ranch on Joe to beat him in a mile race, or even a 100 yard waddle...  Don't forget there's one Supreme Court Justice (Brayer) who's 82, and RBG was 87 if you want to talk geriatrics. 

I know your take on Biden's mental capacity- or lack thereof- and I disagree. Sure, he's murdered a few comments- but my take on some of the stuff in the debate was more like that stuttering problem of his isn't totally cured, and never will be. 

BTW- "Sleepy Joe". if IRC, St. Regan used to take naps in meetings.  :)    

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

For a guy on the high side of 75, (78 next month) Joe is in fine shape. Even before Donnie got bit by the corona bug- I would bet the ranch on Joe to beat him in a mile race, or even a 100 yard waddle...  Don't forget there's one Supreme Court Justice (Brayer) who's 82, and RBG was 87 if you want to talk geriatrics. 

I know your take on Biden's mental capacity- or lack thereof- and I disagree. Sure, he's murdered a few comments- but my take on some of the stuff in the debate was more like that stuttering problem of his isn't totally cured, and never will be. 

biden should have taken a drug test.

Other than these, Nicotine, Methylphenidate, Acetyl-cholinesterase inhibitor, and Modafinil are also used as a drug for improving cognition, but all of these have cons associated with them and needs proper direction before intake
www.simplelifeidea.com/improve-cognitive-ability/
Was this

On 10/2/2020 at 2:55 PM, hoorta said:

Dude I know you hate Trump, we get it, but you don't have to climb fully aboard the Biden train if in fact you're serious when you tell us you would happily vote for another Republica. Sounds like Stockholm Syndrome. 

WSS

• Thanks 1

They have expanded the original baby boomer time from what it used to be. Now it goes from 1943 to 1964. I think my "baby" sister born almost 16 years after me would be shocked to learn as she approaches 56, that she is now a baby boomer. That was not the case when she was born, nor most of her 56+ years since late 1963.

So back to the original, since expansion of the baby boomer years, no we are not done with baby boomers in power with the running of these two for president. 

There is another timeline out there that starts the boom in 1946, not 1943.

https://www.kasasa.com/articles/generations/gen-x-gen-y-gen-z#:~:text=Baby Boomers%3A Baby boomers were born between 1944,40-54 years old (82 million people in U.S.)

On 10/2/2020 at 10:04 AM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Biden is not a Boomer, he is 'the silent generation'.  Trump sits right at the beginning of the boomer generation.  Obama was also a boomer.

Bush Jr. and both Clinton's are as well.

Kind of drives home the point that the Boomers need to hang it up and let the younger generations take a crack at it, because the Boomers are pretty bad at governance.

20 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

And who gives a fuck about this non-issue? So in 20 years when all the boomers are dead the 75 year old presidential candidate will just have been a member of a different fake category. 

WSS

Ignoring the differences in generations and the damages they each have done, I'd prefer to not have an old president, and I'll think the same thing when I'm old as well. 

57 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Ignoring the differences in generations and the damages they each have done, I'd prefer to not have an old president, and I'll think the same thing when I'm old as well. 

So a Boomer President running the National deficit into the stratosphere is different from a Gen X’er or Millennial running the National deficit into the stratosphere?

Got it. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh we know Woody, you are special your above everybody else. I would suppose that in 40 years you will have forgotten everything that went on this board but you should print this out and keep it. You're going to think the younger generation is as stupid as we do.

WSS

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Dude I know you hate Trump, we get it, but you don't have to climb fully aboard the Biden train if in fact you're serious when you tell us you would happily vote for another Republican. Sounds like Stockholm Syndrome. 

WSS

Damn right I would...  And if Trump drops dead from ignoring the 'rona couldn't get him? I like Mike.  ;)   100% true. I'd actually vote for Pence ahead of Joe. Why? Because Trump is a f**cking lying, amoral, bulling, hate filled asshole who is a sack of shit. I vote morality- I vote adult- ahead of any of my political leanings... Cal won't agree, but any unbiased thinking voter who could stomach the 90 minute shit show Trump put on in the first "debate" saw exactly who Donald Trump is. An asshole of the first order, and not very smart or informed on top of it.... Go look up Mr. Bible waving  Phony when directly asked to quote his favorite verse out of the Bible.. Crickets Steve, couldn't do it.... 

Can't wait until November 4th....  

6 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Oh we know Woody, you are special your above everybody else. I would suppose that in 40 years you will have forgotten everything that went on this board but you should print this out and keep it. You're going to think the younger generation is as stupid as we do.

WSS

yeah when we were Woody's age- we thought we had all the answers too...  :)  

• Like 1

WSS

It's not about thinking one generation is better or worse than another. It's about wanting a president and congressmen that aren't completely behind the times. That is true now and it will be true in 60 years. The elderly do not represent the country as a whole, and especially not it's future. Again, true now and true in 60 years. 

An older generation desperately still clutching onto Power while it had one foot in the grave is not a recipe for success.

The youngest person to assume the presidency was Theodore Roosevelt, who, at the age of 42 years, 322 days, succeeded to the office after the assassination of William McKinley. The youngest to become president by election was John F. Kennedy, who was 43 years, 236 days, at his inauguration.