THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 4: Browns @ da "Boyz Thread...

Tour2ma

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

LOL- Ghoolie would have had a field day- the prevent victory play calling almost cost us... OBJ earned his money today...  

I had a couple back and forth texts with him.

I worry a lot about that defense letting bums go up and down the field and relying on the big play.

WSS

Just now, Westside Steve said:

I worry a lot about that defense letting bums go up and down the field and relying on the big play.

WSS

Steve- the Cowboys offense isn't a bunch of bums... They actually could be dangerous if they had a defense to match...Prescott 500+ yards passing...  First ever 3 games in a row with 450+.  Browns mistake? Going into "prevent Victory" play calling about 10 minutes too early.... 

Baker even said it post game- we let our foot off the gas to early.... 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Steve- the Cowboys offense isn't a bunch of bums... They actually could be dangerous if they had a defense to match...Prescott 500+ yards passing...  First ever 3 games in a row with 450+.  Browns mistake? Going into "prevent Victory" play calling about 10 minutes too early.... 

all true but it shows that a bad ass running game (we had 300 +) beats passing yards most every game

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

so when is the ghoul gonna come back under a different name ?

3 minutes ago, ATOM said:

so when is the ghoul gonna come back under a different name ?

Never I hope. So far, he's respected Kathy telling him to take a permanent hike. 

Fear not- I can recognize his posting now after a day or two. Usually he doesn't even try to disguise it..  

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Never I hope. So far, he's respected Kathy telling him to take a permanent hike. 

Fear not- I can recognize his posting now after a day or two. Usually he doesn't even try to disguise it..  

i know i know I get it

but sometimes he could be a funny basterd with some content 

4 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I remember a few years ago during another almost rough season I made a "future is bright" thread... I think its safe to say that we've made it to the future.

Congrats Browns fans, enjoy this day. 3-1 for the first time in almost 20 years. Indy is next.

home game (is the Great State of OHIO going to let more fans into the game) 4-1 bitchs book it

25 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I don't care if it's the greatest offense in the history of football. We couldn't stop the bastards. We got lucky on a couple of big plays and that was good. But it's not a good idea to gamble on the big play.

WSS

19 hours ago, Orion said:

We ended a long streak of not allowing a QB a 300 yard passing game. - Ended it in a BIG way :)

Of course for much of that streak we were the ones who could not stop the run...

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

we were the ones who could not stop the run...

...and teams were so far ahead they didn't throw a lot.  But here we are spinning it into a negative.  Let's accept it as a positive.  Like when your errant tee shot careens off a tree and into the middle of the fairway.  :)

1 hour ago, Orion said:

But here we are spinning it into a negative. 

Whadayamean "we"?

Our past Ds were terrible vs. the run, so teams did not need to pass to beat us. No spin... just fact.

That and a FS playing 25 yards deep.

7 hours ago, Orion said:

It was a defensive strategy.  Peppers was there to make sure they didn't pass for 300+ yards.

On a single play, you mean. I miss him staring at the QB while standing on my living room on Sundays.