THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 4: Browns @ da "Boyz Thread...

Tour2ma

Ward, Hunt, and OBJ playing, but no Greedy or Clayborne. I didn't check on Vernon, but I seriously doubt he's playing, but I do know he tried to practice so we'll see. 

Does anybody have stats on how many times we forced teams to punt? I can barely think of more than a couple times when we actually forced people to kick it away! Lol. Anyway, Dallas reporters are basically all saying that their team is awful and the Browns are going to beat them. I actually think this game favors Dallas so much that it isn't funny. Unfortunately, I feel the way about this game that I felt about Ravens game. I'm not a betting man, but I'd be all over that 4.5 spread. I'm 3-0 this year but would be ecstatic to be 3-1. Cmon Browns! 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I didn't check on Vernon, but I seriously doubt he's playing, but I do know he tried to practice so we'll see. 

Vernon was not listed on the latest two injury reports, so I'm assuming he's a go...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Vernon was not listed on the latest two injury reports, so I'm assuming he's a go...

Yep. He's definitely playing, which is great news because Clayborne is out for certain. Really sucks because Clayborne had a 6 sack game against Dak in that building, hehe. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Yep. He's definitely playing, which is great news because Clayborne is out for certain. Really sucks because Clayborne had a 6 sack game against Dak in that building, hehe. 

It is would be nice to have our top pick last year.   Last year was lovely when we started out with some strong offensive opponents and we had hamstring strains keep guys out Five weeks.  Looks like a repeat of last year. 

id like this new regime to draft strong physical corners.  

• Like 1

Well in shock of shocks 5 of 5 of da 'Boyz beat-writers pick DAL to win. 😮

But at least only three had them beating the 4.5 point spread. One effectively took us and the points. ANd the 5th, the one with no balls, did not predict a final score other that they'd win and put up 30+ points.

I actually think this is going to be a lower scoring game than most with neither team reaching 30 due to our ball control and their persistence in trying to establish a ground game.

I'm already getting psyched for this one....

• Like 1

It's strange to see us being picked to win this game by so many people. I personally don't see it, but I guess I could construct an argument for why we would pull it out. I also think we're due for some holding penalties, which I know sounds weird, but we've gotten away with several at key times, and that luck can't "hold" hehe. Much of what I said can be found in some of the recent articles, and some of it is my opinion. I want to be wrong on this one, but I can't talk myself into it. I think we lose, and kind of lose big. (but there is that niggling thought in the back of my head that sees Chubb and Hunt going bananas and OBJ getting loose deep often) 

Browns - 23

Cowboys - 34

On 10/2/2020 at 11:11 AM, blitzz2 said:

didn't they just sign Dontrell Hilliard back, he did pretty well on KR

Did he?  Why am I thinking that he didn't do a very good job?  

8 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Had a great return in the Seattle game last year and then The same game he had pass go through his hands and get picked off to seal our loss.

I'm also thinking that he tried to return KO's from the end zone and not getting back to the 20.  I could be wrong, but I thought it was him.

2014 was the last NFC road* game win at Atlanta.. Bryan Hoyer tossed up like 3 picks, but Gordo had a huge day.like 180 yrds? . Billy Cundiff kicks the game winning FG with 4 seconds left.. 26-24 Browns..

In the fatman can't run category?... Just before the half, Joel Bitonio chased down a punt returner, while Joe Thomas was cheering his as$ off for Joel trailing from behind him.. Ends up Joel saved a game winning score 💪 taking a great angle.. believe the streak is at 17 games?

Stef called a win at Dallas last season w/Vikes.. jumped up 14 points early.. why not us?

23 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I'm already getting psyched for this one....

I know! I'm even more Jiggins like than usual, which is seriously saying something (the good kind, not the "I lost my mind for a month" kind)

I find it funny when I keep hearing the Dallas writers saying they think Browns will win. They are so down on their team that it's hysterical, ESPECIALLY when you consider just how awful their division is. They can literally lose to us and STILL be in the driver's seat to win it's ...crazy. 

I think we're a solid team and we definitely CAN win, but like I've said before, I simply don't see a way in which we force them to punt. We give up so many short, easy completions that it'll make your head spin, and the biggest issue with that is how much it neutralizes our pass rush. Take a look at what Cincy did to us. Their OL is garbage, but they largely avoided the pressure by focusing on the short game. Dallas will do the same thing. 

The least talked about aspect of the Cowboys' offense is Zeke Elliott and I have a sneaking suspicion he's going to go absolutely ape today. I think we're going to have a very difficult time getting them into 3rd and long today. It might sound funny, but I'm hoping for them to get a bunch of penalties. That might be a way for us to get them behind the sticks. We seem to be much more disciplined this year, and I hope that trend continues.