THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 4: Browns @ da "Boyz Thread...

Tour2ma

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Mahomes backed-up by A Rod? Egad, & you got problems?

Landry with a hip on Dallas's playing surface? idk, but I'd skip that.. Move Mike Evans up to Adams spot & bench Adam's (for now?).. Bench Ekeler & play Singletary.(you could run for 50 against the Raiders). LAC OL is yuk at tampa.. Leave your flex open till MNF Adams or Lazard... nothing like beating up your brother 🥊on a Monday night..see ya! & good luck!

That's a sick team. Who is in your league, rookies? Great advice, Gumby. 

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

A #2 WR vs. a #1 RB? C'mon, man...

Bigger question is who do you sit to start either of them? Are you worried about Adams Monday nite?

I thnk I'll play either Adams or Lazard. The Packers' offense is on fire and they face... The Falcons 

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Mahomes backed-up by A Rod? Egad, & you got problems?

Landry with a hip on Dallas's playing surface? idk, but I'd skip that.. Move Mike Evans up to Adams spot & bench Adam's (for now?).. Bench Ekeler & play Singletary.(you could run for 50 against the Raiders). LAC OL is yuk at tampa.. Leave your flex open till MNF Adams or Lazard... nothing like beating up your brother 🥊on a Monday night..see ya! & good luck!

We're only 6 players, so all of our teams are pretty loaded. Ekeler got me 30 points last week, and I think he is very valuable as a checkdown receiver for a rookie QB, so it makes me doubt benching him just now, but then again they were the Panthers and they suck against RBs... I was thinking on doing what you just said. Thanks!  

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Ball control, gents... ball control...

Turnovers aside this feels like a TOP game.

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Ball control and getting 1 or 2 stops.  

Oline health might be the biggest difference.

Agreed. I want Baker under 25-30 passes... Give those touches to Chubb and Kamara. 

5 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

If Ward can't go, we will need Greedy to come back and fill the void. Dallas receivers are fast.

Yeah... But they're not Landry and Beckham..

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Bigger question is who do you sit to start either of them? Are you worried about Adams Monday nite?

Because of so many injuries (9) in my semi-permanent FFL team, I had to chose between an almost healthy Jeudy (cleared right at late afternoon game time) and a still questionable Adams on Sunday night. Given how many "stars" I already had out, I took a chance and lost with Adams. Now he is still listed as questionable, but so are my stars excluding the two out for the season and another on 2 more weeks of IR. Same choice again except Jeudy is now fully cleared. Mostert, Crowder and Kirk are all questionable again, but all three were inactive by game time last week.

So most likely I again take a chance on Adams. My bench is so poor that I am leading the league on first shot at redraft after game 5 when I can drop my two season gone players (Barkley and Mack) and any others I wish The reason I get first shot is that I'm on the bottom of the season totem pole. Last year I won it for the season. From King to pawn.😭

With 25% capacity that place will still be loud with only Tour not yelling when It's our ball. Dallas and give the points would be a good bet. Out D will have a tough time stopping Prescott with all those great receivers. And Baker rattles too easily IMO.

I think we need to prepare ourselves for the very real possibility of getting our ass blown apart in Dallas. We couldn't make Washington, Cincinnati, or Baltimore punt the ball. We can't get off the field on 3rd down, and more concerning, we don't get off the field on 4th down. I think our defense is 0-7 on 4th downs this season, and it's unacceptable. I'm not talking about 4th and inches where the QBs lean forward and it's difficult to stop...I'm talking about 4th and 4 or so. 

Is there a path to victory for us? Of course, Dallas sure isn't the Chiefs right now, and the funny thing is that they're literally an onsides kick away from 0-3. That's crazy! Atlanta falls on that rolling football and BOOM....Dallas' season is basically over. The crazy thing about Dallas is they're the opposite of us. They can throw it all over the place whenever they want to, and it's terrifying to think about what they'll do to our pass defense.

I re-watched the Washington game and our pass defense was worse than you think. Yes, the INT's were a thing of beauty and greatly contributed to us winning the game. Not only that, but our offense was able to convert the 3 picks into 3 TDs. THAT'S what good teams do, fellas. You guys remember that one year we started out with like 6 turnovers against Pittsburgh and still tied? I don't have the stats on me, but that team WAS MISERABLE at converting turnovers to points. 

Back to the pass defense. So yes, not good at all. The truly concerning thing to me was watching Ward get burnt for a TD by a lesser WR. People want to blame Sendajo, but it wasn't his fault. I know he's injured, but dang man. That's not the worst part, the worst part is that our defense still has too many times when nobody knows what's going on. I saw multiple times when our defense was doing all kinds of hand motions and waving and then a receiver would scamper across the field unguarded. The guys didn't know what was going on.

Furthermore, we give up WAY too many yards on the horizontal pass bullshit. When an NFL offense has to start throwing that quick horizontal throw for the WR screen, that means the coach can't trust him to do anything else (ahem, Darnold). But you know what? We absolutely SUCK at guarding it. Every time we run that shit we get stuffed, yet whenever someone else runs it against us it's a success. That CAN'T keep happening. We must shed blocks and tackle. 

Most analysts are picking Dallas to crush us pretty easily, and I get why they're saying that. I don't see a scenario where we stop their offense, and M not totally sold on our ability to score enough points to win. That being said, we've put up 30 points back to back, so perhaps we do have the juice needed to keep pace. I'll tell you this, if Baker is dialed in from the get go again, we have a chance. It's time for a huge defensive TD, OBJ and Jarvis to get theirs, and a 70 yard run from Chubb. 

I don't care for picking a game's winner based on getting or giving points, as it just isn't my thing.... and this is my first and last year in the Browns Board Pickem League to prove it.... < With that being said, in my opinion, this game is a big one in terms of telling the whole league who the Browns really are.

If they win, they really can start to look in the mirror and see themselves as a contender for the division and with a legitimate chance at the post season.

If they lose, then they are just that team that hangs on and beats other worse football teams and will chase 8-8, like a dog chasing its tail.

I'm really anxious to see how they stack up Sunday and while I fear the worst (Browns fan here after all) I'm hoping that by Sunday afternoon, we can all look in that mirror and know we have a legitimate division contender. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I said when the schedule came out this could be one of our toughest games.

The past few years Dallas is either wildly good Super Bowl contender and then next week it is Hue Jackson Browns stuff and it looks like nothing more than a basement dwelling team.  Who shows up Sunday?  

The difference- They don’t have a defense this season and their Oline is beat up. 

Aldon Smith is playing well.

As is Dak and M. Gallup.

Their Safeties might be playing worse than our safety group. 

if we take a run centric approach slow the game we will have a good chance.  If the play calling is empty and have Mayfield slinging the ball around- we play in their hands.  

It might very well be one of the toughest games - but this year, the Browns rank higher than the Cowboys in pass defense completion percentage..and some other defensive categories so far, in 2020

https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/defense/passing/2020/reg/all

The Browns are ninth, and the Cowboys are fifteenth.

Glaring stat:

in yards per passing attempt - the Browns are SIXTH best, the Cowboys are 25th.

in passing yardage given up (click on the headings to resort the list), the Browns are way down the list with higher yardage given up, but the Cowboys are further down.

in TDs given up, the Browns and Cowboys are near the worst. not good. Except the Browns have a new coaching staff and a new defense, and injuries, so there is that.

in Interceptions, the Browns are tenth with getting 3, the Cowboys are all the way down the list at 29th.

In passing percentage vs our defense - our Browns defense is 14th best, the Cowboys are 31st.

Why would anyone think this would be the Browns toughest game,  when obviously they play the Ratfuckers twice... the Steelers who may or  may not be any good.  Titans who are probably about as good as any team right now.

I will only say:  they may seemingly be the toughest team out of the NFCE that we will play....as that entire division is a probable shitstorm. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/sort/schedAdjQBR/dir/desc

qb ratings - Baker Mayfield is ninth best, Dak is eighth best. And Dak didn't have to face the ratbirds the first game out, with no preseason and a new coaching staff and new offense.

Btw, if you reverse the order, Dwayne Haskins is the worst. Tom Brady is SIXTh worst by way, so far. lol

Again, I'd hit Dallas with a bomb to ODB on the first play of the game, get the safeties back on their heels, then

start picking them apart with runs and short/medium range passes. Throw to our TE's more, and

then start pounding on them.

The Cowboys have run the ball a LOT of plays, the Browns are far more balanced. I think the balanced attack wins.

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why would anyone think this would be the Browns toughest game,  when obviously they play the Ratfuckers twice... the Steelers who may or  may not be any good.  Titans who are probably about as good as any team right now.

I will only say:  they may seemingly be the toughest team out of the NFCE that we will play....as that entire division is a probable shitstorm. 

well, that would make the cowboys maybe the 4th toughest? I personally don't think so per the stats - but we'll see.

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/sort/schedAdjQBR/dir/desc

qb ratings - Baker Mayfield is ninth best, Dak is eighth best. And Dak didn't have to face the ratbirds the first game out, with no preseason and a new coaching staff and new offense.

Btw, if you reverse the order, Dwayne Haskins is the worst. Tom Brady is SIXTh worst by way, so far. lol

Again, I'd hit Dallas with a bomb to ODB on the first play of the game, get the safeties back on their heels, then

start picking them apart with runs and short/medium range passes. Throw to our TE's more, and

then start pounding on them.

The Cowboys have run the ball a LOT of plays, the Browns are far more balanced. I think the balanced attack wins.

Actually Dak does have a new coaching staff....McCarthy took over this year.   And I assume he may have brought  a new system with him. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

well, that would make the cowboys maybe the 4th toughest? I personally don't think so per the stats - but we'll see.

If you count  2 games each vs.  Pitt/Balt. and the Tits game, maybe 6th toughest game....but yes, speculative.  Colts are playing pretty well behind Rivers, as well. 

5 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I think we need to prepare ourselves for the very real possibility of getting our ass blown apart in Dallas. We couldn't make Washington, Cincinnati, or Baltimore punt the ball. We can't get off the field on 3rd down, and more concerning, we don't get off the field on 4th down. I think our defense is 0-7 on 4th downs this season, and it's unacceptable. I'm not talking about 4th and inches where the QBs lean forward and it's difficult to stop...I'm talking about 4th and 4 or so. 

Is there a path to victory for us? Of course, Dallas sure isn't the Chiefs right now, and the funny thing is that they're literally an onsides kick away from 0-3. That's crazy! Atlanta falls on that rolling football and BOOM....Dallas' season is basically over. The crazy thing about Dallas is they're the opposite of us. They can throw it all over the place whenever they want to, and it's terrifying to think about what they'll do to our pass defense.

I re-watched the Washington game and our pass defense was worse than you think. Yes, the INT's were a thing of beauty and greatly contributed to us winning the game. Not only that, but our offense was able to convert the 3 picks into 3 TDs. THAT'S what good teams do, fellas. You guys remember that one year we started out with like 6 turnovers against Pittsburgh and still tied? I don't have the stats on me, but that team WAS MISERABLE at converting turnovers to points. 

Back to the pass defense. So yes, not good at all. The truly concerning thing to me was watching Ward get burnt for a TD by a lesser WR. People want to blame Sendajo, but it wasn't his fault. I know he's injured, but dang man. That's not the worst part, the worst part is that our defense still has too many times when nobody knows what's going on. I saw multiple times when our defense was doing all kinds of hand motions and waving and then a receiver would scamper across the field unguarded. The guys didn't know what was going on.

Furthermore, we give up WAY too many yards on the horizontal pass bullshit. When an NFL offense has to start throwing that quick horizontal throw for the WR screen, that means the coach can't trust him to do anything else (ahem, Darnold). But you know what? We absolutely SUCK at guarding it. Every time we run that shit we get stuffed, yet whenever someone else runs it against us it's a success. That CAN'T keep happening. We must shed blocks and tackle. 

Most analysts are picking Dallas to crush us pretty easily, and I get why they're saying that. I don't see a scenario where we stop their offense, and M not totally sold on our ability to score enough points to win. That being said, we've put up 30 points back to back, so perhaps we do have the juice needed to keep pace. I'll tell you this, if Baker is dialed in from the get go again, we have a chance. It's time for a huge defensive TD, OBJ and Jarvis to get theirs, and a 70 yard run from Chubb. 

Even if Dallas had lost the ATL game, their season would not have been over. The other 3 teams in the east are total bums. But, Dallas rushing D is weak as hell. The Browns SHOULD be able to rush Chubb and Hunt all day. If the Browns don't turn the ball over, but Dallas does, it could go well.  

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

It might very well be one of the toughest games - but this year, the Browns rank higher than the Cowboys in pass defense completion percentage..and some other defensive categories so far, in 2020

https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/defense/passing/2020/reg/all

The Browns are ninth, and the Cowboys are fifteenth.

Glaring stat:

in yards per passing attempt - the Browns are SIXTH best, the Cowboys are 25th.

in passing yardage given up (click on the headings to resort the list), the Browns are way down the list with higher yardage given up, but the Cowboys are further down.

in TDs given up, the Browns and Cowboys are near the worst. not good. Except the Browns have a new coaching staff and a new defense, and injuries, so there is that.

in Interceptions, the Browns are tenth with getting 3, the Cowboys are all the way down the list at 29th.

In passing percentage vs our defense - our Browns defense is 14th best, the Cowboys are 31st.

Goff, Ryan and IMO the MVP Russell Wilson.  

Opposed to our opposition 

The Runner, The Rookie and Should still be at OSU guy 

17 hours ago, Icecube said:

So, what do you think? It feels it's closer to a push, than Cowboys favored by 4.5. Who knows, I'd probably not bet it. It's not out of the realm that Browns win outright. 

Three points are pretty much automatic for the home field... although with limited or no fan attendance less would seem appropriate.

Beyond that you have to remember that oddsmakers aren't predicting a margin of victory... they are predicting the spread that will induce pretty much 50/50 betting. Here that prediction was 5.0 to open, but quickly dropped to 4.5 to pull a little more to the DAL side of the ledger... basically giving DAL backers what would have been a push. Pretty good job here as opposed to tonite's game which has given touts whiplash.

Denver image.png.cd828fcbb429eaa6cad464edfee62552.png

Well.... somebody likes us...

Anyone know this Bill Bender guy?

Sporting News

NFL picks, predictions for Week 4: Browns upset Cowboys; Packers, Bears stay unbeaten

Bill Bender  7 hrs ago
  • Cleveland Browns at Dallas Cowboys (-4.5)  

Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, FOX 

Cleveland has taken care of business in two games since an embarrassing Week 1 loss, and that Nick Chubb-Kareem Hunt tandem should work against Dallas' run defense. Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott will keep the Cowboys going, but Baker Mayfield and Myles Garrett — both Texas natives — will match those big plays in a turning-point game for both teams.  

Pick: Browns 34, Cowboys 31 

I'm not one for point spreads either. On paper, Dallas is the better team, but I think the Browns can upset 'em.

I think it's a big game for the Browns. Find a way to win it, the players will believe in the coaching staff for sure. 

It would be really great if the Browns had a game winning drive at the end to seal it. Confidence soars, then who knows what the rest of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

I'm not one for point spreads either. On paper, Dallas is the better team, but I think the Browns can upset 'em.

I think it's a big game for the Browns. Find a way to win it, the players will believe in the coaching staff for sure. 

It would be really great if the Browns had a game winning drive at the end to seal it. Confidence soars, then who knows what the rest of the season.

Yeah, it kind of feels like one of those directional games. If we win, we're going somewhere, if not, maybe we're not ready. We're starting a horrid 3 game stretch right now and have to take at least one of them, if not two. I'm obviously not saying the season is lost if we can't pull it off, but this game will likely tell us a lot about where we are. To me, it feels like their offense is too much for us, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. I just can't see us making them punt, lol. I bet we've forced the fewest punts in the league. 

• Upvote 1

I am taking the Boys and -4.  This is a very winnable game for the Browns.  It is not a must win.  Next week is big game the week after is a huge game. 

I think Dak and M. Gallup have a big day.  I think in the Up and down Cowboys world of play we’ll get the super bowl contending Cowboys.  If Ward plays we will probably see him over Cooper but Gallup is playing really well.  The Cowboys pose enough threat with Zeke although the ground game has not been going well.  T. Smith looks like he’s back they will slide Martin inside again.  The Cowboy weapons are a problem. 

I say this is winnable because honestly we could line up and make this game ugly on offense and take some shots deep on their safeties and really do damage.  This is not a cowboys defense that they are used to seeing.  Are we going to do this for four quarters?  Or are we going to see Dallas moving the ball and scoring and become impatient?  I see panic and I see Baker slinging 35 balls and throwing a few picks. 

I’d be happy to be wrong but 34-23 Cowboys.