Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BaconHound

Taxes

Recommended Posts

But honestly, shouldn't it bother you people more that there are multi-millionaire politicians on both sides of the aisle who never held a job swung a deal built anything created anything regardless of the tax they pay on their ill-gotten gains?  And whether you hate Trump and the tax code or not he's not doing anything that any other business man in his position isn't doing. 

WSS

PS how many people are employed by Trump Industries and how many people are employed by Obama or Biden?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Trumpettes still singin'g the same old song to their donkey who keeps on he-hawing at 'em to their delight. 🤴🤥

 

And you TDS types just a keepin' on lying.

Trump actually paid to the US Treasury $1 million in 2016 and $4.2 million in 2017. Read that closely. Trump PAID, as in transferred to the US Treasury, $1 million in 2016 and $4.2 million in 2017.

Note also that most of the overpayment was rolled forward, not refunded. The $750 figure is an ADDITIONAL $750. Thus every single story saying he paid $750 is a lie.

It is not simply a lie, it proves that the person making the statement either did not read the story itself (BY THE INSANITY OF CTHULHU READ THE SOURCES) or lack the mental ability to comprehend that the NYT itself claims that Trump paid $1,000,000 in 2016 and $4,200,00 in 2017.

The claim that Trump paid only $750 in Federal taxes in 2016 and 2017 is thus a complete and total lie which is easily disproven by the Times own story

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gorka said:

And you TDS types just a keepin' on lying.

Trump actually paid to the US Treasury $1 million in 2016 and $4.2 million in 2017. Read that closely. Trump PAID, as in transferred to the US Treasury, $1 million in 2016 and $4.2 million in 2017.

Note also that most of the overpayment was rolled forward, not refunded. The $750 figure is an ADDITIONAL $750. Thus every single story saying he paid $750 is a lie.

It is not simply a lie, it proves that the person making the statement either did not read the story itself (BY THE INSANITY OF CTHULHU READ THE SOURCES) or lack the mental ability to comprehend that the NYT itself claims that Trump paid $1,000,000 in 2016 and $4,200,00 in 2017.

The claim that Trump paid only $750 in Federal taxes in 2016 and 2017 is thus a complete and total lie which is easily disproven by the Times own story

Once again, the MSM is playing the Libtards.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Canton Dawg said:

Once again, the MSM are playing the Libtards.

 

Ya hear that Tex?

That'd be you.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

that's the left - corrupt and total hypocrisy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Loved this part. . .
 

However, newspapers in glass houses should probably not throw stones.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2020 at 7:00 PM, Westside Steve said:

So if your accountant or H&R Block or TurboTax show you legal ways to lessen that burden what do you do? Seriously?

Software wise TaxAct is the best I've found... very thorough... very straightforward. Went to them after TurboTax jacked their price up years ago.

As for your question, albeit not to me, we should all take every deduction allowed. What the NYT article is about is setting up the tax laws for personal gain... which is what Trump did.

 

Remember when he was campaigning in 2015? The rallies where he repeatedly talked up his "middle-class tax plan"? When he said that the plan he was going to put into effect was going to "cost (him) a lot of money." But that that was "OK, cause I'm really really rich"?

Remember that?

And then the Pubs rammed thru their real plan thru the reconciliation process (the reason it's only good for 10 years) and Trump walked into the dining room at MarLago and announced to all his members, "Boy. I just made you all a bunch of money."

 

Feel free to consider the questions above rhetorical...

 

Kal, "rhetorical" means you don't have to answer them.

Besides you are going to be busy answering my next post's request.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2020 at 10:29 AM, calfoxwc said:

Pres Trump and Pence have done hundreds of GOOD/GREAT things for AMERICA.

I'll settle for a list of 100...

 

Get busy, Kal...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2020 at 9:02 AM, Gorka said:

And you TDS types just a keepin' on lying.

Trump actually paid to the US Treasury $1 million in 2016 and $4.2 million in 2017. Read that closely. Trump PAID, as in transferred to the US Treasury, $1 million in 2016 and $4.2 million in 2017.

Note also that most of the overpayment was rolled forward, not refunded. The $750 figure is an ADDITIONAL $750. Thus every single story saying he paid $750 is a lie.

It is not simply a lie, it proves that the person making the statement either did not read the story itself (BY THE INSANITY OF CTHULHU READ THE SOURCES) or lack the mental ability to comprehend that the NYT itself claims that Trump paid $1,000,000 in 2016 and $4,200,00 in 2017.

The claim that Trump paid only $750 in Federal taxes in 2016 and 2017 is thus a complete and total lie which is easily disproven by the Times own story

Wait... so he paid $5.2mm over two years and rolled all but $1500 forward for future taxes. Well, at least the IRS pays the going interest rate...

Man, is that stupid or what?

But yeah, "great businessman"...

LMAO...

 

C'mon, Sebastian... you used to be good at this stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh...

... and Sebastain...

... what he did not "roll forward"..

... is what he paid...

... in taxes

QED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2020 at 8:00 PM, Westside Steve said:

So if your accountant or H&R Block or TurboTax show you legal ways to lessen that burden what do you do? Seriously?

Also just for the heck of it I'm wondering who got hold of his tax returns? No doubt there was collusion afoot with red China.)

😂

WSS

Steve, I (mostly) won't fault Orangie for taking advantage of the tax code.  Isn't exactly rocket science- Trump was obviously losing so much money left and right on bad business ventures like his Casinos & Trump Kamikaze Air, he was able to write those losses off against income.  Maybe he did pay "millions" in income taxes- to other countries- his golf course in Scotland comes to mind. IIRC you can also deduct those payments against your US tax liability. 

OTOH, plenty of shady stuff- like paying daughter Ivanka $750k as a "consultant" and writing it off as a business expense. It still begs the question Steve. If Trump has nothing to hide, why has he fought the release of his tax returns all the way to the Supreme Court? DUH!!! He's got something to hide- and it will see the light of day, sooner or later.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Axe said:

Hoorta, what do you do for a living?

Certainly not a tax expert.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I'll settle for a list of 100...

 

Get busy, Kal...

ha. I will, but your plan is to let Hoorta yell at me for repeating myself, right? lol. what farce your attempted antagonism is. Here ya go - and making a fool of yourself over Josh Allen and having your buddy Hoorta get mad about it - that's on you.

https://frankreport.com/2020/04/18/one-hundred-twenty-five-amazing-accomplishments-of-president-donald-j-trump/#:~:text= One-Hundred-Twenty-Five Amazing Accomplishments of President Donald J.,so that animal abusers face tougher... More

https://710wor.iheart.com/featured/mark-simone/content/2019-10-22-a-list-of-president-trumps-accomplishments-so-far/

If you tune out all the hyperbolic, hysterical, partisan, Trump haters, screaming 'he's the worst President ever' or 'he's destroying our Democracy', and look at the facts and the actual results, he's one of the most successful Presidents ever:

Trump Administration Accomplishments

 
  • Almost 4 million jobs created since election.
  • More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
  • We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
  • Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
  • Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
  • New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
  • Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
  • African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
  • Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
  • Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
  • Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
  • Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
  • The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.
  • 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.
  • Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.
  • Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
  • As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
  • Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
  • Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.
  • Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
  • Record number of regulations eliminated.
  • Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
  • Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
  • My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
  • Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
  • We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
  • Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
  • Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
  • We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.
  • Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
  • Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
  • United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
  • Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
  • Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
  • Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
  • NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
  • Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
  • Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
  • Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
  • Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
  • Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
  • Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
  • Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
  • Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
  • Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
  • Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
  • Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
  • Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.
  • Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
  • We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.

• Passing the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) that will bring relief and business to the American farmer.

• Passing 12 weeks of paid family leave for federal workers. An initiative that Ivanka Trump has been advocating for since Day One. And on a personal level, one that NO LESS than 10 career HUD employees thankedme for in private - with some even admitting they may vote for him in 2020.

• Reaching an historic trade deal with China that lifts the unfair tariff burden off the American tax-payer that the LAST THREE PRESIDENTS had no problem paying for DECADES.

• Getting Space Force

• Requiring Hospitals to publicly disclose the costs charged and paid by ALL insurance companies to ensure transparency and fair competition.

• Making animal cruelty a FEDERAL FELONY, praised by the American Humane Society as a bill they’ve been trying to pass for DECADES

• Forcing delinquent foreign countries to contribute an additional $530 BILLION to NATO so that Americans are no longer bearing the global burden

• Expanding federal civil rights protections against anti-semitism, which was duly praised by the President of the Anti-Defamation League

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Steve, I (mostly) won't fault Orangie for taking advantage of the tax code.  Isn't exactly rocket science- Trump was obviously losing so much money left and right on bad business ventures like his Casinos & Trump Kamikaze Air, he was able to write those losses off against income.  

as everyone involved in a huge business has done throughout their career. Failure after failure after failure as long as it ends up with success on balance. Not the least of which your new friend Bill Gates. But he's a liberal so who cares?

Maybe he did pay "millions" in income taxes- to other countries- his golf course in Scotland comes to mind. IIRC you can also deduct those payments against your US tax liability. 

 again I don't care the slightest bit about the golf courses in Scotland and I don't care that he took every possible deduction within the law. I certainly do.

OTOH, plenty of shady stuff- like paying daughter Ivanka $750k as a "consultant" and writing it off as a business expense. It still begs the question Steve. If Trump has nothing to hide, why has he fought the release of his tax returns all the way to the Supreme Court?

 your new party brags about people's constitutional right to protest Riot burn destroy Etc but when I come to someone else's right the privacy., well the right to privacy of common citizens not the president,.. Am I clear yet? Had one more time commercial real estate development it's completely differently taxed  thing. Remember that when your new party screams about how much sales tax at cetera illegal immigrants pay even though they don't pay actual Federal working under the table. Commercial real estate operations generate huge massive tax from other places.

DUH!!! He's got something to hide- and it will see the light of day, sooner or later.  

that means that the IRS has been covering up for him his entire life. That's bullshit and you know it.

Furthermore there's not one single Republican who you say you would nominate a more liberal Supreme Court Justice or one any more qualified. Or support a Joe Biden type hug tax code. And I doubt you would be angry about any of them, or so you say.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Axe said:

Hoorta, what do you do for a living?

Hoorta, Tour and woodpecker are experts on every single subject on the planet. They think. What they do for a living is just their alleged specialty. Like Tour - I think he's the equipment manager for a high school volleyball team, so he's an expert in sports.

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Hoorta, Tour and woodpecker are experts on every single subject on the planet.

Projection is a wonderful defense mechanism. Works for trumpy and all his little mouthpieces.🧐

And thanks a lot. You made me feel left out.😂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Projection is a wonderful defense mechanism. Works for trumpy and all his little mouthpieces.🧐

And thanks a lot. You made me feel left out.😂

that's because I gave you cred - you, Steve, Axe, Me, most everybody else have serious experiences in our lives to know a good bit about a lot.

Then there are the few "superior" others around here who demand compliance with their pseudo-intellectual demands and slurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Axe said:

Hoorta, what do you do for a living?

Mostly comfortably retired now... Plenty of time to get on my bicycle and ride off into the sunset.  :)   In my 40 working years, Medical Technologist.  The guys who actually do covid lab testing.  So I feel more qualified than most to comment on Quack President Hydroxy-Lysol's handling of the pandemic. Of course he's now listening to Dr. Atlas, who's specialty happens to be Medical Imaging, not Epidemiology like Fauci. He's pushing herd immunity. Just what Donnie boy wants to hear- and you heard it in that joke of a debate. Open the schools!!! Open the economy!!!  Yup, I Donald Trump- don't give a rat anymore how many Americans die- or if YOU die from covid.  Here's your new target Donnie boy, and I wouldn't bet against we won't hit it 419,000- the number of American casualties in WW II (that was in four years, we're 1\2 way there in 6 months) well on our way....   NFL just had their first outbreak. Can't say I'm surprised... 

Of course Trumpie wants his miracle vaccine before November 3rd to save his bacon before the election. Fortunately- looks like the drug companies, CDC, and FDA are giving him the big F-you. You'll get that vaccine when we say it's ready, been tested as effective, and safe- and not before.....  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are you praying a viable excellent safe vaccine doesn't show up until next march?

Pres Trump has inspired a historical first - fast effective pace development of testing and a near future vaccine.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/30/becton-dickinsons-15-minute-covid-test-cleared-for-use-in-europe/

Becton Dickinson’s 15-minute COVID-19 test cleared for use in E

urope

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Mostly comfortably retired now... Plenty of time to get on my bicycle and ride off into the sunset.  :)   In my 40 working years, Medical Technologist.  The guys who actually do covid lab testing.  So I feel more qualified than most to comment on Quack President Hydroxy-Lysol's handling of the pandemic. Of course he's now listening to Dr. Atlas, who's specialty happens to be Medical Imaging, not Epidemiology like Fauci. He's pushing herd immunity. Just what Donnie boy wants to hear- and you heard it in that joke of a debate. Open the schools!!! Open the economy!!!  Yup, I Donald Trump- don't give a rat anymore how many Americans die- or if YOU die from covid.  Here's your new target Donnie boy, and I wouldn't bet against we won't hit it 419,000- the number of American casualties in WW II (that was in four years, we're 1\2 way there in 6 months) well on our way....   NFL just had their first outbreak. Can't say I'm surprised... 

Of course Trumpie wants his miracle vaccine before November 3rd to save his bacon before the election. Fortunately- looks like the drug companies, CDC, and FDA are giving him the big F-you. You'll get that vaccine when we say it's ready, been tested as effective, and safe- and not before.....  

Just for the record the vaccine isn't coming anytime soon if at all. Especially if the rumors are true that the virus is mutating as it goes along. There's a reason there is no vaccination for the common cold. And to a lesser extent the reason that last year's flu shot might not work this year. But the vaccine is going to be a big deal for people to argue about it because it's probably not possible and they can blame Trump.

By the way the first guy to be cured of AIDS just died of cancer. Damn you Trump.

wss

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Mostly comfortably retired now... Plenty of time to get on my bicycle and ride off into the sunset.  :)   In my 40 working years, Medical Technologist.  The guys who actually do covid lab testing.  So I feel more qualified than most to comment on Quack President Hydroxy-Lysol's handling of the pandemic. Of course he's now listening to Dr. Atlas, who's specialty happens to be Medical Imaging, not Epidemiology like Fauci. He's pushing herd immunity. Just what Donnie boy wants to hear- and you heard it in that joke of a debate. Open the schools!!! Open the economy!!!  Yup, I Donald Trump- don't give a rat anymore how many Americans die- or if YOU die from covid.  Here's your new target Donnie boy, and I wouldn't bet against we won't hit it 419,000- the number of American casualties in WW II (that was in four years, we're 1\2 way there in 6 months) well on our way....   NFL just had their first outbreak. Can't say I'm surprised... 

Of course Trumpie wants his miracle vaccine before November 3rd to save his bacon before the election. Fortunately- looks like the drug companies, CDC, and FDA are giving him the big F-you. You'll get that vaccine when we say it's ready, been tested as effective, and safe- and not before.....  

Maybe some Midol will soothe our aching cramps of TDS.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe midol and steriods...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Maybe some Midol will soothe our aching cramps of TDS.

Go pound salt. Have you hugged your Trump poster today?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hoorta said:

Go pound salt. Have you hugged your Trump poster today?  

Don't need to I have a image.png.7f7bdb9b140f7fb5e1ca53cc1f12c491.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Just for the record the vaccine isn't coming anytime soon if at all. Especially if the rumors are true that the virus is mutating as it goes along. There's a reason there is no vaccination for the common cold. And to a lesser extent the reason that last year's flu shot might not work this year. But the vaccine is going to be a big deal for people to argue about it because it's probably not possible and they can blame Trump.

By the way the first guy to be cured of AIDS just died of cancer. Damn you Trump.

wss

Steve- I blame Trump for listening to a bunch of quacks instead of following sound medical advice. Remember Dr. Devil Sperm? He turned something as simple as wearing a face covering in public into a political football. Hydroxychloroquine anyone?  Look, I consider three Doctors (including my best friend who's a retired Neurologist) as personal friends. I know all of them well enough to say with 100% certainty- if any of them had even a shred of confidence hydroxy was the least bit effective they be self medicating with it, and giving it out to friends, family, and their patients like Halloween candy.  Or are you missing Trump has been putting political pressure on the CDC and FDA? Let's not forget the Woodward tapes too, Trump knew it was dangerous- way back. His defense? Blame China. 

Regarding that vaccine Steve. I know enough about virology and molecular biology to give you my 0.02 cents about it. It will depend on what part of the virus is mutating. If you can target the part of the virus that isn't mutating with an immune antibody that a vaccine has produced- the virus is going to be just as dead. We already know the composition of the spike protein that allows the virus to get inside a cell.  That's the key to virology. You could have a million covid viruses floating around in your blood stream- and they're harmless. They need to get inside one of your cells to hijack that cells DNA\RNA to replicate themselves. Once they're replicated- the cell blows up. Blow up 1\2 of your lung cells, you're probably dead. So unless it's the spike protein that's mutating- there's hope we can at least find an effective treatment... :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Steve- I blame Trump for listening to a bunch of quacks instead of following sound medical advice. Remember Dr. Devil Sperm? He turned something as simple as wearing a face covering in public into a political football. Hydroxychloroquine anyone?  Look, I consider three Doctors (including my best friend who's a retired Neurologist) as personal friends. I know all of them well enough to say with 100% certainty- if any of them had even a shred of confidence hydroxy was the least bit effective they be self medicating with it, and giving it out to friends, family, and their patients like Halloween candy.  Or are you missing Trump has been putting political pressure on the CDC and FDA? Let's not forget the Woodward tapes too, Trump knew it was dangerous- way back. His defense? Blame China. 

 it came from China. Somebody fucked up. I doubt that it was meant to be a weapon but still somebody fucked up. It happens.

Regarding that vaccine Steve. I know enough about virology and molecular biology to give you my 0.02 cents about it. It will depend on what part of the virus is mutating. If you can target the part of the virus that isn't mutating with an immune antibody that a vaccine has produced- the virus is going to be just as dead. We already know the composition of the spike protein that allows the virus to get inside a cell.  That's the key to virology. You could have a million covid viruses floating around in your blood stream- and they're harmless. They need to get inside one of your cells to hijack that cells DNA\RNA to replicate themselves. Once they're replicated- the cell blows up. Blow up 1\2 of your lung cells, you're probably dead. So unless it's the spike protein that's mutating- there's hope we can at least find an effective treatment... :)  

 and I don't know enough about medicine to boast about nor do I claim to. My friend my trombone player also my personal physician until he had to close his practice and go to work for a bigger entity it's where I get my information. If you or tex or the woodpecker) Biden would have shut down the countrycountry or if anybody would have put up with it or if you think the country would have stood for it if Trump closed it down in February you're out of your mind. One reason you. Democrats don't care it's because you were wasting your time chasing some sort of Russian collusion Fairytale. It's every bit as ridiculous as blaming the Great and Powerful Obammy. 

WSS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×