THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns VS Football Team Official Game Day Thread***

Ibleedbrown

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

that background has got to help.. See Russ Wilson & Kyler Murray.. just once, i'd like to hear the throwing distance of a Josh Allen thrown baseball & football in the Denver air.. what county it lands in won't matter.😅. just the metric throwing distance..

Go find some of his Wyoming Cowboy throws in games played in 7,165 ft. high Laramie.🌈🏈

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Neo said:

Mahomes is in a whole different dimension. I've never seen anybody play the game like he does and makes it look so effortless, the game is too easy for him. I seen him rocket a pass to Kelce with pinpoint accuracy even though his feet weren't even on the ground. The dude is just nuts. I remember when Deshun Watson said he was the Michael Jordan of football, nope, Mahomes is the Jordan of football.

Since LeBron is better than Jordan who is the LeBron of football?

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

For the Negative Nancy stuff about Baker.  Anyone tune into the MNF game?  Yeah, Mayfield isn't Mahomes- but then again, no other QB currently in the NFL is either. He absolutely shredded a stout Ravens defense that gave us fits. I'll say it now- he's a Tom Brady with wheels, a better arm, and around a 1\2 second better reaction time... Besides being able to toss the rock 50+ yards effortlessly and with accuracy- there were a couple exceptional touch passes. Nice dodging the rush and rifling the ball to an open receiver too.... 

KC gave everyone the blueprint on how to beat the Ratbirds. Stop their run, and make Jackson beat you with his arm. (He's drastically improved in that department though.) Also, need outside contain so he can't beat you with his legs... 

I read that under Jackson the Ravens have never come back to win a game where they have been down by 8 or more (granted there haven't been a lot of those). Also, he is 0-9 when trailing at the half. 

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

that background has got to help.. See Russ Wilson & Kyler Murray.. just once, i'd like to hear the throwing distance of a Josh Allen thrown baseball & football in the Denver air.. what county it lands in won't matter.😅. just the metric throwing distance..

Allen is probably the only QB in the NFL who can match Mahomes in pure arm strength.  IIRC in some of the  predraft workouts Josh uncorked a a few 90 yards in the air tosses.

Allen is probably the only QB in the NFL who can match Mahomes in pure arm strength.  IIRC in some of the  predraft workouts Josh uncorked a a few 90 yards in the air tosses.

Going off tape from Wyoming and workouts...
if you were to go back again to the 2018 draft would any of you draft Allen #1 overall?   

Say what you want about his supporting cast At Wyoming and I recall that being an excuse for his numbers but he wasn’t accurate in college and he’s seemingly worked on this and has better ball placement in the pros. 

Allen is also the luckiest QB ever. Last week he threw a TERRIBLE pass late in the 4th quarter that should have been picked. I mean it was a lazy bomb that he threw directly to the opposition and the Miami guy dropped it. The next play or so...threw the go ahead TD. This past weekend, Allen throws a terrible pass on 4th down to end the game. Bills lose. But wait! Officials threw a late pass interference pen) flag that was total BULLSHIT and Rams lose on next play. I've never seen a luckier guy. 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Allen is probably the only QB in the NFL who can match Mahomes in pure arm strength.

I don't think any arm is as strong as Allen's is... but Mahomes has what baseball folks would call a "live arm".

Second strongest NFL arm... Imma go with Mr. Rodgers by a slim margin. His was on prominent display Sunday nite.

But to rehash an old Draft debate... on the list of QB attributes arm-strength is at best #3 once a minimum standard is met. Mahomes and Rodgers just happen to grade out high on the more important ones as well.

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

if you were to go back again to the 2018 draft would any of you draft Allen #1 overall?   

Say what you want about his supporting cast At Wyoming and I recall that being an excuse for his numbers but he wasn’t accurate in college and he’s seemingly worked on this and has better ball placement in the pros. 

Nope...

... but I did see him throw a touch pass for the game-winner Sunday. Still have not completely recovered from the shock...

Of course that was the play after the refs called a 4th-down, phantom PI to give BUF another shot. Terrible call... on an uncatchable pass... against a DB the WR ran into.

Our "unofficial" depth chart is out and surprise... it shows Vernon starting at LDE and Mack at the Will AND Greedy at RCB.

Apparently we are about to see the team we signed up to see in 2020.

image.png.64ddcb8425a911ab31c13ae342cf26e1.png

image.png.0255e3a8c2f6b365d373e0e68d2b598a.png

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-announce-unofficial-depth-chart-vs-cowboys

Nope...

... but I did see him throw a touch pass for the game-winner Sunday. Still have not completely recovered from the shock...

Of course that was the play after the refs called a 4th-down, phantom PI to give BUF another shot. Terrible call... on an uncatchable pass... against a DB the WR ran into.

That call was an awful.  And then you had one of the best Ref/Rule Analyst in the game double down on the stupidity.

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Go find some of his Wyoming Cowboy throws in games played in 7,165 ft. high Laramie.🌈🏈

Been by the U of Wyoming several times. I can vouch a flatlander going directly to 7,000' is going to be feeling it. They keep oxygen on the sidelines for the visiting teams. A little aside- Medicine Bow Peak, 12,000' is a short drive west of Laramie, and I've climbed it a couple times. Beautiful area.  :)  What you're looking at at least used to be called "Disaster Wall". Back in 1956 a DC-3 ran smack into the 12,000' mountain at 10,000'. No survivors, and back in the late '70s there were still parts of the plane lying around. When I went back in 2012 they had finally cleaned up the mess.... 

Lake Marie and Snowy Range.jpg

6 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

We had one big Allen backer on the board in that draft- but Josh was around option #3 in my book. I scouted at least five of his games at Wyoming, and he was inaccurate as hell back then. Drastically (and much to my surprise) has improved in that department in the pros. His arm strength was unquestioned. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Yep, he is not the inaccurate gunslinger we were seeing at Wyoming. Someone has done really well at bringing him up to pro level.

One last thought, cause it's definitely fair to put some good things done Sunday based on the opponent. But you know, a huge part of the NFL is winning games you're supposed to win. The Browns have 6-7 those on the schedule (including the two already played). The Patriots train kept moving very specifically for this reason. I can't find it in a quick Google search, but it was something crazy like the Pats in prime Brady years were 80+% (it was 80 something) winners in games where they were touchdown or more favorites. Barring disaster or vast improvement, that's going to be us against both NY teams, the Bengals, and maybe the Eagles. This is something the Browns very much HAVEN'T done in these "don't totally suck" years.

From there, assuming you can even get 3 wins from the "more competitive" schedule, you're talking about being right there.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

From there, assuming you can even get 3 wins from the "more competitive" schedule, you're talking about being right there.

Man, I'd love nothing more than to beat the Cowboys AT Dallas. I just re-watched the Washington game and it physically PAINED me to see all of the yards we left on the field. Now naturally that's going to be the case every game, but last week was especially frustrating for two reasons: One, Nick Chubb left a crap load of yards on the field. He literally missed the hole on like 4 of his first 5 carries. Even the announcer was screaming for him to find the cutback lane, hahaha. And you what? Chubb finally did and we scored. I wonder if Chubb did this naturally or if coaching identified it?

2, Baker Mayfield missed two touchdown passes. Oooooooooooooo it hurts! The first one came after play-action and Baker fired it woefully short and OBJ made one of the plays of the game by batting it down. What you DON'T see initially from the replay is how WIDE OPEN he is without ANY safety help. Yes, Baker had a man in his face, but it wasn't a difficult throw. Baker was furious with himself afterwards and said the ball just came out of his hand funny. The other one we all saw because it was Hunt's ridiculous one-handed grab on the sideline. Again, Baker under duress, but all he has to do is throw a PUNT out there and Hunt probably gets a TD. 

I'm DEFINITELY not complaining about winning, oh hell no. I'm just lamenting the golden opportunities for Baker to really pad his stats and put the nails into coffins. You want the good news? Our Coach once again created a way to get OBJ open down the field for a score. Baker won't be missing that throw Sunday, I can almost promise. He's going to be fired up to play in Texas, I feel it.