THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns VS Football Team Official Game Day Thread***

Ibleedbrown

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

That was a bad play. But he’s made strong throws today too. Statistically he’s on pace (early I admit) to be a top 10 QB. What exactly are you looking for? if he plays at a say Jimmy G. level, that didn’t end up so bad for them did it?

Does anyone have nickers direct line? I have to call him and admit Garrett just doesn’t impact the game. 

Sack, strip, recovered fumble.     In my parlance I call that a trifecta of impact.   

• Upvote 1

Attention:::  JimboJones & future haters...

We just forced a team into 5 turnovers...

Baker was 16 of 23 (a tick under 70%) for 156 yards..2 Td's with no picks..

Chubb 19/108 yards  Hunt 16/49 yards... a combined 3 TD's

Garrett had 2 sacks// 1 FF// to seal the game

OBJ caught 4 huge targets of 6 for just under 60 yards.. 

we picked off 1 read Haskins... 3 times...

Go get some drinks at the strip club and were moving on to whipping that Dallas as$ next week... how many points ya need?

21 minutes ago, JimboJones said:

Yes.

Do we start planning the SB parade now that they've beaten two of the worst teams in the league?  Check the Ravens game to see how they stack up against contenders.

Ok. It just seemed terribly random is all. Like you finally get that limited edition My Little Pony you were after, but you’re too pissed off about the shitty waffles you were served 2 months ago to enjoy it.

The things people say just to be negative...

Example: how the Browns stack up against a good team like Baltimore. Could very well be true  most likely is that they aren't as good as them. But basing it off one game? I seem to faintly remember this team that had had best regular season record lost to a 6-10 team with a terrible coach. Must have been a long time ago. If I am remembering correctly, the score was 40-25. 

But since that must have been so long ago, lets look at the last 2 SB Champs (and NO, I am not comparing Browns to them, just showing how uninformed using one game to discredit a team is).

2019: Chiefs: Colts (7-9)

2018: Patriots: Jaguars (5-11), Lions (6-10), Dolphins (7-9)

I just don't understand the need for people to always want to point out negatives for just about every subject now. This doesn't just happen for the Browns, doesn't just happen in football, does it just happen in sports, doesn't just happen in entertainment, etc.

Its actually incredibly sad that that is people's go to now a days for whatever topic. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Ok. It just seemed terribly random is all. Like you finally get that limited edition My Little Pony you were after, but you’re too pissed off about the shitty waffles you were served 2 months ago to enjoy it.

I just watched him play.  Random is probably the wrong word.  Bitter is more like it.

I haven't read any of this thread and only saw the last 9 minutes of the 4th qrt, but the Browns need to win against the teams they are supposed to beat, and so far, they are perfect on the season.

Dallas will be a whole different beast than the last 2 teams, so we will know a whole lot more about this team next Sunday evening. 

Have to consider the opponent, but...

• 3 picks today... 2 by our "woeful" LB corps... including 1 by that 9th-yr pro who is not a vet.
  • D allowed only 103 yd rushing including 22 by a WR on one reverse... so that's 81 by RBs and WSH has some good backs.
  • 3 sacks including 2 with a trifecta by Miles "I'm just gettin' started here" Garrett
  • Chubb goes for a buck + 08... Hunt adds another 46.
  • Stef stuck with the run despite having issues getting going.
  • Baker posts a very efficient 16/23 for 156 and 2 TDs with no turnovers.
  • OBJ looked happy despite only 4 catches... routes looked crisp to boot...
  • Ditto for Landry...

Nice game... nice W...

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, JimboJones said:

Yes.

Do we start planning the SB parade now that they've beaten two of the worst teams in the league?  Check the Ravens game to see how they stack up against contenders.

Well...you know what a good team is?    A good team is one that beats the bums and draws even with the good teams. 

So, how many more bums are on our schedule?

Giants/Jets/Bengals again/Eagles?/Texans?/Jags    If they win those 6 and split the other 6-7?  That would be 11 wins, an optimistic number?  I will expect  10...and hate to settle for 9, but would. 

2 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Dallas will be a whole different beast than the last 2 teams

Not that different...

They have had Offense issues and their D is far from great. As is I think we match up well... and if we get a couple more pieces of our D back...

1 hour ago, JimboJones said:

Still can't believe they traded a kings ransom for Beckham and his huge cap hit.  Going into the draft it was considered to be a very strong WR draft class. 

WRs available at #17:

DK Metcalf

Marquise Brown

Deebo Samuel

AJ Brown

Terry McLaurin

But it looks like the Browns are having fun, they are also getting OBJ more involved. I think they are just now finding their stride.

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

• 3 picks today... 2 by our "woeful" LB corps... including 1 by that 9th-yr pro who is not a vet.
  • D allowed only 103 yd rushing including 22 by a WR on one reverse... so that's 81 by RBs and WSH has some good backs.
  • 3 sacks including 2 with a trifecta by Miles "I'm just gettin' started here" Garrett
  • Ditto for Landry...

Nice game... nice W...

Defense certainly did step up and create turnovers....hopefully that continues. 

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Not that different...

They have had Offense issues and their D is far from great. As is I think we match up well... and if we get a couple more pieces of our D back...

I would certainly expect them to be competitive in that game, if not win.  Nothing like the Ratfuckers games. 

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well...you know what a good team is?    A good team is one that beats the bums and draws even with the good teams. 

So, how many more bums are on our schedule?

Giants/Jets/Bengals again/Eagles?/Texans?/Jags    If they win those 6 and split the other 6-7?  That would be 11 wins, an optimistic number?  I will expect  10...and hate to settle for 9, but would. 

10 wins then beaten like a drum the first round.  As a Browns fan, I take it!

29 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Not that different...

Then 3-1 it is... 

Just checkin in.  Nice win!  We struggled early and that DL of theirs showed they're worth all of the praise.

Good hard running by Chubb.  Tough team to get 100 yard against but he did it.  He makes a couple / few really good runs each game.

Myles chipped in a BIG play (strip sack recovery) again!

OBJ and Landry made some good chains moving catches.

The D made some key turnover plays and the offense scored on them!

Wasn't as easy as the score indicates.

Good Win!

53 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

• Ditto for Landry...

Nice game... nice W...

One thing I'll add that I've noticed in all games this year...we are wrapping up & TACKLING rather than doing that "kill shot" shoulder block shit! Finally, a coaching staff stressing fundamentals.

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

We did Browns things in the First Quarter 

Freddie was calling plays in the 3rd

But Baker was turnover free

Our Oline started winning battles as the game went on.

OBJ quietly had a very solid game.

Myles had a huge splash play and the defense overall played better.  I think PFF scores will show it.

Our Kicker was flawless.

We had 37 runs 23 passes - I’m looking for 40/30 so have to be pleased there.

Who knows what Dallas team shows up next week but our Defense has to take another step.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

With one of those throws being an absolutely critical 3rd and 12 dart to move the chains. Bottom line- people will see the yards thrown and scoff. But if our QB can complete roughly 70% of his passes with a  2td 0INT day sign my ass up. The 49ers were a much better defense but extremely similar offense in the super bowl last year.

Man, that's so funny. I was just about to edit my post to include that laser on 3rd and 12 but you beat me to it! That throw came directly after we lost our 10 point lead and we had ZERO momentum. That throw got us started big time, and then we settled down and got back to work. 

20 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Myles had a huge splash play and the defense overall played better.  I think PFF scores will show it.

Our Kicker was flawless.

Who knows what Dallas team shows up next week but our Defense has to take another step.

WE SHOULD BE THROWING 75% OF THE TIME BRO!!!!

@Tacosman

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

Our Kicker was flawless.

You know what else OBJ does consistently well that his critics don't want to give him credit for?   He blocks people and takes pride in doing it.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

48 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why?  Who do you think they would face?   See my playoff format thread.

17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I was not talking playoffs.  Playoff format, yes. Not playoffs for any team. 

If talking about  Who do you think they would face?  -  in the playoffs.... then you were talking playoffs.😏

(I know you didn't start talking about it and were just replying to whoever did, but simply clarifying for Your Honor)