THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns VS Football Team Official Game Day Thread***

Ibleedbrown

4 minutes ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

Cleveland fans have a terrible habit of wanting to blame the QB for everything. Lots of worse things than Baker that need fixing.

He is what he is...

Baker Is a game manager equipped with a good line and the best running back tandem in the league.

the sooner we figure out this identity the sooner we protect this Defense and win some games 

1 minute ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

Cleveland fans have a terrible habit of wanting to blame the QB for everything. Lots of worse things than Baker that need fixing.

Ya, I gotta scratch my head when I read about Browns fans attacking Baker.... either you haven’t been around long, or you have forgotten what and NFL QB DOESN’T look like.  If that is the case rewind the tape the last 20 years and watch Colt McCoy and Brandon Weeden or any of the other 25+ guys they have trotted out there. 

Skill wise? Baker is an NFL QB. If you can’t see it in the throws he makes, then nothing he does will ever be good enough. 

Ill agree that he makes bad decisions sometimes, but have 4 different head coaches, 4 different OC’s in three years really doesn’t help with any of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Baker has been above average today. You’re watching what a below average QB does on the other side against a bad defense. Mayfield isn’t playing like mahomes but barring something stupid he’s still going to be top 8 in QBR. He’s got a lot to learn but has also made strong throws.

Chubb is a monster and Teller is playing like the best guard in the NFL.

24 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Kind of annoyed watching the OLine too

Time to be aware the Washington DL consists of five (5) first-round picks.  At this point Cleveland has 133 yards rushing, likely 150 by the end of the game.. First-rounders are going to make their plays, and expectations need to reflect that.  We do have a good OL.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MDDawg said:

For a QB selected 1 overall, he definitely hasn't shown much progress. Intentional grounding for maybe the 3rd game in a row?

That was a bad play. But he’s made strong throws today too. Statistically he’s on pace (early I admit) to be a top 10 QB. What exactly are you looking for? if he plays at a say Jimmy G. level, that didn’t end up so bad for them did it?

Does anyone have nickers direct line? I have to call him and admit Garrett just doesn’t impact the game. 

3 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

That was a bad play. But he’s made strong throws today too. Statistically he’s on pace (early I admit) to be a top 10 QB. What exactly are you looking for? if he plays at a say Jimmy G. level, that didn’t end up so bad for them did it?

Does anyone have nickers direct line? I have to call him and admit Garrett just doesn’t impact the game. 

I  think it's obvious he won't be an elite QB like Rodgers or Brees. He'll at best be slightly above average, Lamar Jackson was less developed  when drafted but has noticeably improved every season. Just hasn't seen that with Baker.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JimboJones said:

Still can't believe they traded a kings ransom for Beckham and his huge cap hit.  Going into the draft it was considered to be a very strong WR draft class. 

WRs available at #17:

DK Metcalf

Marquise Brown

Deebo Samuel

AJ Brown

Terry McLaurin

This is what’s at the forefront of your mind right now? 

I am happy they won over a bad team.

baker is what he is. A 6/10 qb. He can at least manage the game and make some plays outside the pocket. He is mid tier at best. 

turnovers won this game for the brownies. Maybe this gives the D some confidence. Haskins is truly terrible 

hunt and Chubb are how we win this year 

26 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

I  think it's obvious he won't be an elite QB like Rodgers or Brees. He'll at best be slightly above average, Lamar Jackson was less developed  when drafted but has noticeably improved every season. Just hasn't seen that with Baker.

I feel ya man. It’s hard not to want a number one being Mahomes out there. But at some point you have to look at it and realize he’s had 4 HC in 3 years and may not be the next Tom Brady. However, if he plays like he did today we should be very encouraged. He played like a franchise QB today and made throws when it counted. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Time to be aware the Washington DL consists of five (5) first-round picks.  At this point Cleveland has 133 yards rushing, likely 150 by the end of the game.. First-rounders are going to make their plays, and expectations need to reflect that.  We do have a good OL.

Ya, well aware of the fact. Also aware that Chase Young and Ioannidis had been sitting on the sidelines with injuries in the 1st.

0 turnovers on offense. 5 turnovers on defense. 3 sacks by the d-line. Beckham looked, dare I say, good today. Chubb took care of business per usual. Coach didn’t abandon the gameplan of running after getting down (and having two 3 and outs).

^Many statements I haven’t been able to say about a Browns team in a long time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I feel ya man. It’s hard not to want a number one being Mahomes out there. But at some point you have to look at it and realize he’s had 4 HC in 3 years and may not be the next Tom Brady. However, if he plays like he did today we should be very encouraged. He played like a franchise QB today and made throws when it counted. 

He might not be the next Tom but I’ll tell you Billy B is waiting to scoop him up with a fork and spoon if the Browns toss him aside and go back into QB purgatory 

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

Baker didn't make the critical mistake today and didn't have a pick. He had another intentional grounding penalty that was completely avoidable and extremely angering. He did it last game too, and it cost us big time. Honestly, I thought his underhand duck got to the line of scrimmage (barely) but I guess we couldn't review it. 

Here's something else:  We were down 20-17 (somehow) in the 4th quarter and it looked BAD guys. People were running free in the secondary, we couldn't tackle, and we once again gave up ANOTHER 4th down conversion. So when everything looked bad, guess what happened? Baker Mayfield engineered a drive that reclaimed the lead. Yes, 10 out the 13 plays were runs, but Baker still had to complete some big throws and he did. Capping it off with a gorgeous TD strike to our promising rookie TE. Baker didn't panic, he didn't choke, he just got the lead back, and we didn't give it back. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Baker didn't make the critical mistake today and didn't have a pick. He had another intentional grounding penalty that was completely avoidable and extremely angering. He did it last game too, and it cost us big time. Honestly, I thought his underhand duck got to the line of scrimmage (barely) but I guess we couldn't review it. 

Here's something else:  We were down 20-17 (somehow) in the 4th quarter and it looked BAD guys. People were running free in the secondary, we couldn't tackle, and we once again gave up ANOTHER 4th down conversion. So when everything looked bad, guess what happened? Baker Mayfield engineered a drive that reclaimed the lead. Yes, 10 out the 13 plays were runs, but Baker still had to complete some big throws and he did. Capping it off with a gorgeous TD strike to our promising rookie TE. Baker didn't panic, he didn't choke, he just got the lead back, and we didn't give it back. 

With one of those throws being an absolutely critical 3rd and 12 dart to move the chains. Bottom line- people will see the yards thrown and scoff. But if our QB can complete roughly 70% of his passes with a  2td 0INT day sign my ass up. The 49ers were a much better defense but extremely similar offense in the super bowl last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

He is what he is...

Baker Is a game manager equipped with a good line and the best running back tandem in the league.

the sooner we figure out this identity the sooner we protect this Defense and win some games 

I think they figured it out in that 4th quarter.  They ran the ball down the WTFs  throat.