THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns VS Football Team Official Game Day Thread***

Ibleedbrown

Here we go Brownies, your official game day thread! What are the weather conditions? Who will be inactive? Who’s on third? I don’t know!

But l do know the Browns are in a position to win a game here and take a definitive step towards a winning season. Washington’s creatively named Football Team needs a whipping, and it’s our duty to deliver it!

Let’s go Browns!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I always love seeing these! 

I'm extremely interested to see how effectively we run the ball. No doubt Washington will be selling out to stop it and probably daring us (somewhat) to throw it to our one-on-one match ups. One thing I really love about Stefanski's playcalling is that he's not afraid to run it twice in a row and he's not afraid to run it on 2nd and 9 if we get stuffed on 1st down. Traditionally, 2nd and long is thought to be a passing down, but our coach began bucking that trend in Minnesota and carried on to Cleveland. I honestly don't remember the specific stat, but once I saw a stat that said he ran it more on 2nd and long than almost all other coaches...and it graded out well. 

I also think this is a game where we HAVE to be able to rely on our defense. They simply must do a better job of getting our offense extra possessions and taking some pressure off Mayfield and the gang. The previous two games it's felt like our offense HAD to score or else we were screwed. That's completely unfair and our defense MUST be better. We're getting a few people back today which should help, but I'm assuming Denzel Ward will be out today with that random groin pull. This injury really changes the effing game and of course we all know that Greedy isn't playing because he NEVER plays. Say hello to Tavierre Thomas because you're going to be hearing his name ALL DAY. 

Our defense got their hands on multiple throws from Joe Burrow but couldn't pick one off. If we continue this trend, you have to think that the ball will eventually find its way to our players. Wouldn't a defensive TD be nice? I see them every week...maybe it's our turn! 

Feed our RBs, don't be afraid to punt the ball, force some turnovers, and hit the deep shots that are there and we win. Browns 27-17.

We're better, we win. 

I don't think any of us have any idea of what Stef-Bellycheck is cooking up this week in the Tabloids? 👨‍🍳 (and i personally love it)

1) OBJ-- "I'm ok not seeing the passing numbers of last season.. Let's run the rock, down teams throats" 

2) Stef & Woods--"S Ronnie Harrison should see more snaps this week"  (god i hope 🤞 so... And Harrison can fix more than one flat tire back there in this weeks matchup)  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2910784-browns-ronnie-harrison-helps-stranded-driver-with-blown-tire-on-ohio-highway (been there,done that) 

3) CB Kevin Johnson welcome back! I've been your biggest supporter like OBJ last week... So don't disappoint.. Give me KJ with a nice pick & to the house today...(i'll take almost house'd)

4) If ya saw any of TNF flag football..  The grabbing/hand-fighting & steering of WR's called only* against the Jags👀 Than I'm fine with Money Mitch over Ward taking most the Terry McLaurin snaps... but god please fully wrap & tackle... that's some filthy 4.3 speed for anybody to defend...

5) To the team Lsu homies that saw over 600 yards of passing on your butts..To Baker's Ok Sooners going down....We have to many offensive toys in this toy box to not play well... But, This is Baker's game & his O-line to make the Monday morning Tabloids.. starting with, "Smart move the chains football against a solid front 7"... 

War of attrition.   Need our strengths to at least draw even with theirs - our Oline v their Dline.  Need our weaknesses, linebackers and secondary to at least be a notch above theirs - receivers not named McLaurin.   At which point, the difference becomes our Dline besting their pass pro and not surrendering short fields to work with.

Should... I stress should* end up a 23-17 kind of game for the good guys.

We want to run Washington knows it and it should neutralize the pass rush a little.  This is a game where we need to be patient and take our 2/3/4 yards early.  

i look for the Browns to roll the pocket on passes and take advantage of a weak secondary.

if we are in 3rd and Less than 5 most of this game we can win. 

on defense...it’s about simple as you can have it take away Terry and watch McKissick on third down.

46 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Is Higgins hurt?

Or, are they planning a big day for the Tight Ends?  (I think so) 

I’m guessing if they need pass catchers they can use Hunt. Also in college Bryant saw a lot of work lined up as a loose end (as opposed to a tight end, harhar). I gather Njoku is playing too.

32 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Inctives lists...

When will they let my Peoples go?

Soneone had to say it...

The BROWNS 2000s team theme song ?!?

4 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Higgins and the Peoples Jones inactive? That leaves 4 active WR this game. Landry, OBJ, Hodge and Natson. 

they got to be seeing things different at practice maybe? Last week Hodge was chosen as the team captain...Natson? All I have seen, is teams avoiding him on kickoffs by sailing it over his head.. not much in punt returns neither... Pheifer see's shifty... I'm still waiting...free the People(s) and Higgy... agreed!

Dated 9-15

"I think being a bit more, i guess ill use the word "creative" with our play action, might help solve some temporary issues.    JoJo Natson is a high 4.3 runner, some of those tap sweeps, even the fakes and misdirection that the Chiefs show go a long way into slowing down a pass rush and giving Mahomes increased time to throw without pressure.   Of course that sets up things like the screen game as well which this coaching staff desperately needs to also creatively involve more often.  That was one of the nice things about those early days after Freddie took over as OC...  I haven't seen our screen or misdirection game work that well in years."

Guess what I just saw?!?!?!?

Just now, SdBacker80 said:

Game plan on offense abandon the run too afraid of this front empty the backfield and let Baker throw (which is what Washington wants) reminds me of the 49er game last year 

They are completely stacking the box. 9 guys in the box on first down. I don’t care how good your run game is Baker is going to be the one winning this game if they continue that scheme. 

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

They are completely stacking the box. 9 guys in the box on first down. I don’t care how good your run game is Baker is going to be the one winning this game if they continue that scheme. 

Well if I had to pick between Chubb/Hunt or Baker to make beat me.... I’m picking Baker