THE BROWNS BOARD

Our old friend Tyrod Taylor

MDDawg

Because I know I'll be starting in the first game or two. Just like with the Browns, rookie QB Herbert took over even earlier than Mayfield in the second game for the Chargers. The rookie was really good in his debut so Tyrod will be stuck on the pine for the rest of the season.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MDDawg said:

Because I know I'll be starting in the first game or two. Just like with the Browns, rookie QB Herbert took over even earlier than Mayfield in the second game for the Chargers. The rookie was really good in his debut so Tyrod will be stuck on the pine for the rest of the season.

Taylor sat down yesterday because of injury...giving Herbert the start.   Refresh my memory...did Baker come in because of an injury to Tyrod, or not?  Can't recall.

18 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Taylor sat down yesterday because of injury...giving Herbert the start.   Refresh my memory...did Baker come in because of an injury to Tyrod, or not?  Can't recall.

My memory says he did, against the Jets on Thursday night. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

My memory says he did, against the Jets on Thursday night. 

Yep...Tyrod got concussed down 0-14, Baker came in & won it...even caught a 2 pt PAT from Jarvis! I loved being in the stands for that one...I wasn't going to wear my Baker jersey 'till he was starting, but wore it that night on a whim & WHAM!

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The HC says when Tyrod is well enough he gets his starting job back. I bet that tune changes if the rook is playing lights out until then.

Yep! Do we see a pattern here?

Mike

• Like 1

To the topic, I would ask them to sign Josh McCown.  He's a great mentoring team mate.  He's been in every offensive system known to man.  Tough as nails.  Doesn't mind being a backup. etc.

After how the kid played, putting Tyrod back in would be a Hue Jackson move.  Ya don't want to do anything that Hue did with a QB.

14 minutes ago, Orion said:

To the topic, I would ask them to sign Josh McCown.  He's a great mentoring team mate.  He's been in every offensive system known to man.  Tough as nails.  Doesn't mind being a backup. etc.

After how the kid played, putting Tyrod back in would be a Hue Jackson move.  Ya don't want to do anything that Hue did with a QB.

McCown WAS signed by someone...it was on here not long ago.  Don't recall who. 

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

McCown WAS signed by someone...it was on here not long ago.  Don't recall who. 

I don't recall who either, but I think he gets $12k to stay at home as the 3rd QB.  So, he's really not mentoring anyone.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Right...so if he is on the PS...that means he is there...not staying home.  He needs to mentor Wentz...who seems not to be playing so hot. 

Wentz is having OL problems. He can't even look up without throwing right at a DL right in his face.

Guess he suffered a punctured lung by the team doctors right before the game https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29952469/chargers-qb-tyrod-taylor-lung-punctured-team-doc-sources-say

Wonder if he could sue the team if he unable to get back on the field or loses his Starting job permanently because of this, especially if there was any monetary incentives in his contract. I know he sucked here but Baker has nothing but nice things to say about him and he seems like a good person and a true pro.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

Wonder if he could sue the team if he unable to get back on the field or loses his Starting job permanently because of this, especially if there was any monetary incentives in his contract. I know he sucked here but Baker has nothing but nice things to say about him and he seems like a good person and a true pro.

Puncture from the needle should heal quickly.

HC says TT "ain't mad", but if team goes with Hebert from here on that could change. NFL players tend to want to play.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 2:31 PM, The Gipper said:

Initially it was (or they said it was, to his hand I think), but the whole team picked up immediately when Baker came in so that was that. Tyrod is a backup, period - he is a decent one as backups go, but he is suited best as a #2.