THE BROWNS BOARD

It appears some of the posters can no longer do business here.

htownbrown

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

At one time the vast majority of experts believed the sun revolves around the Earth.

WSS

..... You're joking, right? Or do you actually think this is a good point? 

Almost as if that whole creation of the scientific method and the scientific revolution did something for us...

16 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

..... You're joking, right? Or do you actually think this is a good point? 

Almost as if that whole creation of the scientific method and the scientific revolution did something for us...

Bring it more into the 20th century. Almost the entire medical community was over-prescribing antibiotics until like The Spider and the Fly it turned out there were repercussions. 

Or when the go-to method for treating ulcers from the medical community was drinking lots of milk.

Or even more hilarious experts in the field of economics.

WSS

On 9/22/2020 at 11:23 PM, MLD Woody said:

and so much for wanting to promote open conversation and debate in schools, I thought conservatives were all about that... 

Woody, please give the video in the the thread I made a listen and discuss. I'm particularly interested in your thoughts on the points rogans guest makes. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Bring it more into the 20th century. Almost the entire medical community was over-prescribing antibiotics until like The Spider and the Fly it turned out there were repercussions. 

Or when the go-to method for treating ulcers from the medical community was drinking lots of milk.

Or even more hilarious experts in the field of economics.

WSS

Science evolves when presented with new facts. It's a novel idea that a lot of people and institutions could learn a lot from. 

Not to mention there's a clear disconnect between a catchy headline with "SCIENTISTS SAY TO DO THIS" and what the actual report says. 

I've had this conversation with Chris in PMs in the past. There was a large "anti-expert", anti academic movement involved with Brexit as well. We were both equally annoyed at it. 

There's nothing I am going to say to convince you otherwise. If someone wants to be in the "stupid college elitists and their degrees? What do they know? Global warming?! It snowed here yesterday!" crowd then it's probably a lodt cause. Maybe it's a difference in background, idk. 

24 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Science evolves when presented with new facts. It's a novel idea that a lot of people and institutions could learn a lot from. 

Not to mention there's a clear disconnect between a catchy headline with "SCIENTISTS SAY TO DO THIS" and what the actual report says. 

I've had this conversation with Chris in PMs in the past. There was a large "anti-expert", anti academic movement involved with Brexit as well. We were both equally annoyed at it. 

There's nothing I am going to say to convince you otherwise. If someone wants to be in the "stupid college elitists and their degrees? What do they know? Global warming?! It snowed here yesterday!" crowd then it's probably a lodt cause. Maybe it's a difference in background, idk. 

And problems occur when we oh, probably many of us, have the attention span of a fly. People who view experts like cavemen View the Sun and Moon insist we changed the entire world based on a scientific whim which may turn out to be bulshit in a matter of days.

Then again fuck global warming. Unless you are willing to except the sacrifice to an extent that might make a **MASK** hair of difference then STFU. Not you in particular those who keep bleeding about it.

WSS