Jump to content
Tour2ma

Fake Crowd Noise

Recommended Posts

It's really starting to bug the shit outta me. SNF's use of it seemed over the top to me. There were times it was actually drowning out the announcers... and I like hearing Al and Chris. And as loud as SEA's full crowd gets, I can't recall ever having that issue before.

Also feels like we're missing a golden opportunity to hear the player communications on the field.... instead we get this artificial drone.

One thing I did not know until a moment ago is that the crowd noise played in the stadiums is different from that we hear in broadcasts.

Quote

Fake crowd noise on NFL broadcasts and inside stadiums. ... At least to start its 2020 season, the NFL is doing both. Those inside the stadium will hear a steady stream of fake crowd noise from the public address system, and those watching on TV will hear a different feed of fake crowd noise on the broadcast.Sep 11, 2020

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-broadcasts-2020-fake-crowd-noise-explained-covid/73nq9jby87yi1em47p84enrre

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

It's really starting to bug the shit outta me. SNF's use of it seemed over the top to me. There were times it was actually drowning out the announcers... and I like hearing Al and Chris. And as loud as SEA's full crowd gets, I can't recall ever having that issue before.

Also feels like we're missing a golden opportunity to hear the player communications on the field.... instead we get this artificial drone.

One thing I did not know until a moment ago is that the crowd noise played in the stadiums is different from that we hear in broadcasts.

 

I gotta agree... It's starting to get creepy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the only thing COVID blessed us with is the fact when they pan into Shittsburg's crowd area, you don't see those stupid yellow towels being waved around by their stupid fans.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

I think they do it so tv audiences don’t hear what players/coaches actually say and scream at eachother on the field. Lots of things not to be heard on tv

Kind of both. To get some of the attendance feeling and not to let us hear all the trash talk and complains. I have always been fan of the mic'd up videos, so I would like to be able to hear them even if there's a bit of fake crowd noise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same creepiness in baseball. Crowd noise and cardboard fans = creepy as hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Carson Wentz gets booed during Eagles loss to Rams -- even without fans

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/carson-wentz-booed-eagles-loss-rams-without-fans

 

 

I deleted my post - mine was 51 minutes earlier, ...??? lol

Poor Wentz - the Eagles offensive line is dismal on a good day.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, nickers said:

I gotta agree... It's starting to get creepy...

Wait until the cardboard fans start throwing things on the field.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Wait until the cardboard fans start throwing things on the field.

Cardboard fans "throwing" fake snowballs at a cardboard Santa??!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Wait until the cardboard fans start throwing things on the field.

Maybe cardboard beer carriers. If you flatten them out they will sail quite far like frisbees.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vambo said:

Carson Wentz gets booed during Eagles loss to Rams -- even without fans

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/carson-wentz-booed-eagles-loss-rams-without-fans

 

 

Well, Eagles fans did throw snowballs at Santa Claus back in day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Well, Eagles fans did throw snowballs at Santa Claus back in day. 

We used to throw 'em at Super Patriot...back in the day...when the Sullivans owned the team....when they weren't very good.   (I never actually threw one...but he was a target like the golf ball colleting cart at the range....because it was more entertaining than the games....sometimes the crowd got into it and was cheering when he got hit.....and the players would be like, "What's going on?  Why are they cheering?")  :)

I understand that they want to make crowd noise to mimic the actual game day crowds....for a sense of normalcy....to cover the profanity, trash talk, etc.  But it doesn't have to be THAT LOUD.  The announcers should not have to raise their voice for fake noise.  That's silly.  Takes on the feel of a tv game show.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2020 at 11:35 PM, Tour2ma said:

It's really starting to bug the shit outta me. SNF's use of it seemed over the top to me. There were times it was actually drowning out the announcers... and I like hearing Al and Chris. And as loud as SEA's full crowd gets, I can't recall ever having that issue before.

Also feels like we're missing a golden opportunity to hear the player communications on the field.... instead we get this artificial drone.

One thing I did not know until a moment ago is that the crowd noise played in the stadiums is different from that we hear in broadcasts.

 

Are we sure the noise we hear on TV is the same that takes place in the stadium?  To me it's no different than laugh tracks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was really terrible last night.   I am in here playing around on my computer and I had the game on in the background in the other room.  And frequently I hear a "roar" from the fake crowd, so I get up to see what happened, and like the Raiders had made like a 1 or 2 yard run.  I though WTF...what is the person controlling this bullshit fake crowd noise thinking? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

Are we sure the noise we hear on TV is the same that takes place in the stadium?  To me it's no different than laugh tracks.

It's not the same...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Orion said:

   (I never actually threw one...but he was a target like the golf ball colleting cart at the range......

What a relief that I'm not the only one who does that . I use to wonder if something was wrong with me because I always target the ball collectors at the driving ranges and batting cages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Furious Styles said:

What a relief that I'm not the only one who does that . I use to wonder if something was wrong with me because I always target the ball collectors at the driving ranges and batting cages. 

I'm pretty good at holding back on the target collectors at the shooting range.😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

What a relief that I'm not the only one who does that . I use to wonder if something was wrong with me because I always target the ball collectors at the driving ranges and batting cages. 

A few years ago a farm in Brunswick had a "Zombie Hunt'. Basically you rode a hay ride rigged up with paint ball guns and shot "zombies" that came out of the woods. There was one zombie who just kept creeping towards us no matter how many times he was shot, so I just aimed at his balls and opened up. I do know something is wrong with me, though. 😋

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

A few years ago a farm in Brunswick had a "Zombie Hunt'. Basically you rode a hay ride rigged up with paint ball guns and shot "zombies" that came out of the woods. There was one zombie who just kept creeping towards us no matter how many times he was shot, so I just aimed at his balls and opened up. I do know something is wrong with me, though. 😋

Apparently silver bullets only work on werewolves and paint balls work on zombies.🧐

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Apparently silver bullets only work on werewolves and paint balls work on zombies.🧐

Machetes seem pretty efficient when dealing with Zombies.  Good thing Dutch did not have one of those with him on his hay ride. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×