THE BROWNS BOARD

Fake Crowd Noise

Tour2ma

It's really starting to bug the shit outta me. SNF's use of it seemed over the top to me. There were times it was actually drowning out the announcers... and I like hearing Al and Chris. And as loud as SEA's full crowd gets, I can't recall ever having that issue before.

Also feels like we're missing a golden opportunity to hear the player communications on the field.... instead we get this artificial drone.

One thing I did not know until a moment ago is that the crowd noise played in the stadiums is different from that we hear in broadcasts.

Fake crowd noise on NFL broadcasts and inside stadiums. ... At least to start its 2020 season, the NFL is doing both. Those inside the stadium will hear a steady stream of fake crowd noise from the public address system, and those watching on TV will hear a different feed of fake crowd noise on the broadcast.Sep 11, 2020

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-broadcasts-2020-fake-crowd-noise-explained-covid/73nq9jby87yi1em47p84enrre

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

It's really starting to bug the shit outta me. SNF's use of it seemed over the top to me. There were times it was actually drowning out the announcers... and I like hearing Al and Chris. And as loud as SEA's full crowd gets, I can't recall ever having that issue before.

Also feels like we're missing a golden opportunity to hear the player communications on the field.... instead we get this artificial drone.

One thing I did not know until a moment ago is that the crowd noise played in the stadiums is different from that we hear in broadcasts.

I gotta agree... It's starting to get creepy...

3 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

I think they do it so tv audiences don’t hear what players/coaches actually say and scream at eachother on the field. Lots of things not to be heard on tv

Kind of both. To get some of the attendance feeling and not to let us hear all the trash talk and complains. I have always been fan of the mic'd up videos, so I would like to be able to hear them even if there's a bit of fake crowd noise. 

18 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Carson Wentz gets booed during Eagles loss to Rams -- even without fans

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/carson-wentz-booed-eagles-loss-rams-without-fans

I deleted my post - mine was 51 minutes earlier, ...??? lol

Poor Wentz - the Eagles offensive line is dismal on a good day.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Vambo said:

Carson Wentz gets booed during Eagles loss to Rams -- even without fans

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/carson-wentz-booed-eagles-loss-rams-without-fans

Well, Eagles fans did throw snowballs at Santa Claus back in day. 

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Well, Eagles fans did throw snowballs at Santa Claus back in day. 

We used to throw 'em at Super Patriot...back in the day...when the Sullivans owned the team....when they weren't very good.   (I never actually threw one...but he was a target like the golf ball colleting cart at the range....because it was more entertaining than the games....sometimes the crowd got into it and was cheering when he got hit.....and the players would be like, "What's going on?  Why are they cheering?")  :)

I understand that they want to make crowd noise to mimic the actual game day crowds....for a sense of normalcy....to cover the profanity, trash talk, etc.  But it doesn't have to be THAT LOUD.  The announcers should not have to raise their voice for fake noise.  That's silly.  Takes on the feel of a tv game show.

• Upvote 1

On 9/20/2020 at 11:35 PM, Tour2ma said:

Are we sure the noise we hear on TV is the same that takes place in the stadium?  To me it's no different than laugh tracks.

It was really terrible last night.   I am in here playing around on my computer and I had the game on in the background in the other room.  And frequently I hear a "roar" from the fake crowd, so I get up to see what happened, and like the Raiders had made like a 1 or 2 yard run.  I though WTF...what is the person controlling this bullshit fake crowd noise thinking? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

Are we sure the noise we hear on TV is the same that takes place in the stadium?  To me it's no different than laugh tracks.

It's not the same...

14 hours ago, Orion said:

(I never actually threw one...but he was a target like the golf ball colleting cart at the range......

What a relief that I'm not the only one who does that . I use to wonder if something was wrong with me because I always target the ball collectors at the driving ranges and batting cages. 

1 hour ago, Furious Styles said:

What a relief that I'm not the only one who does that . I use to wonder if something was wrong with me because I always target the ball collectors at the driving ranges and batting cages. 

I'm pretty good at holding back on the target collectors at the shooting range.😁

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

A few years ago a farm in Brunswick had a "Zombie Hunt'. Basically you rode a hay ride rigged up with paint ball guns and shot "zombies" that came out of the woods. There was one zombie who just kept creeping towards us no matter how many times he was shot, so I just aimed at his balls and opened up. I do know something is wrong with me, though. 😋

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

A few years ago a farm in Brunswick had a "Zombie Hunt'. Basically you rode a hay ride rigged up with paint ball guns and shot "zombies" that came out of the woods. There was one zombie who just kept creeping towards us no matter how many times he was shot, so I just aimed at his balls and opened up. I do know something is wrong with me, though. 😋

Apparently silver bullets only work on werewolves and paint balls work on zombies.🧐

• Upvote 1