THE BROWNS BOARD

"We Have Our Options": Pelosi Doesn't Rule Out Impeachment Over Supreme Court Pick

Vambo

Barrasso calls for speedy SCOTUS confirmation, says Dems will ‘blow up Senate’ anyway

Democrats likely to 'stack the Senate' through DC statehood, Wyoming lawmaker says.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sen-barrasso-calls-for-speedy-scotus-confirmation-schumer-will-blow-up-the-senate-if-democrats-take-over-either-way

43 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

This SCOTUS nominee in the 11th hour will 100% fan the flames of DC partisan bullshit as both sides dig in and look for wins, not solutions. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnns-don-lemon-suggests-to-blow-up-the-entire-system-get-rid-of-electoral-college-stack-the-courts

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

This SCOTUS nominee in the 11th hour will 100% fan the flames of DC partisan bullshit as both sides dig in and look for wins, not solutions. 

Well I wouldn't technically classify it as eleventh hour. Ginsburg has been inches from death for a long time, and more than likely long past her ability to do the job. She would have retired long ago except for the need to spite Trump. And yes yes yes yes yes Garland Garland Carol and Obama Obama Obama.

But yes elections have consequences.

WSS

7 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Well I wouldn't technically classify it as eleventh hour. Ginsburg has been inches from death for a long time, and more than likely long past her ability to do the job. She would have retired long ago except for the need to spite Trump. And yes yes yes yes yes Garland Garland Carol and Obama Obama Obama.

But yes elections have consequences.

WSS

Except when they don't. Based on who likes to decide whether they do or not, regardless of any precedent. 

And fine, don't make SCOTUS a life time appointment

Add term limits for congress 

Shit isn't hard

18 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Except when they don't.

okay why don't they? Remember the Senate is elected.

Based on who likes to decide whether they do or not, regardless of any precedent. 

and again the people who make those decisions are elected.

And fine, don't make SCOTUS a life time appointment.

then what's your proposal?

Add term limits for congress 

I don't see that being a Panacea but whatever... If I had a choice I would rather have the line item veto

Shit isn't hard

I would say it's ridiculously hard, fraught with obstructions and the ill effects of human nature. But whatever. What would be easier would be a benevolent menarchy.

WSS