THE BROWNS BOARD

American V8 is the best sound ever

Neo

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

American V8 is the best sound ever......Neo,  I see you are a motorhead too.

A perfect world to me would be a garage full of tools, Summit Racing, the car of my dreams, a track, and being surrounded by the people I love. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Neo said:

A perfect world to me would be a garage full of tools, Summit Racing, the car of my dreams, a track, and being sucrrounded by the people I love. 

When I was younger I thought my ideal house would have 1 bedroom and a 10 car garage with my collection of all kinds of tools, welder, drill presses, XY axis drill base clamp,  all kinds of other tools.  My dad and I were maintenance guys from way back.  I started collecting Craftman tools when I was 17 I'm 70 now.  I bought my first house in 75 but lived 200 feet from my parents who had a 2 car, 4 car garage and 2 barns.....quite handy !

My cars from the first one 65 mustang, 69 Z-28, 69 Mach 1, 66 Austin Healy Mark III,  72 Charger, 75 Vette, 78 Chevy C10, 4 Honda motorcycles and a few others, I worked on all my cars........then I met my wife, got married, sold my last bike......now my wife has/had all new Chryslers I've had exceptional good luck with my used cars although you can't really work on the newest ones?

And I never bought a new car for me, one new Chevy C-10 pickup and a couple of new motorcycles.  My work in electrical and mechanical maintenance have served me well over the years.

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

65 mustang, 69 Z-28, 69 Mach 1, 66 Austin Healy Mark III,  72 Charger, 75 Vette,

Sounds like you lived in the golden age of muscle cars. Some people say that the golden age of muscle cars is right now because of all the modern technology and the fact you can buy a car that has 800+ horsepower from the factory and is track ready right off the line. Yes, the engines are full of modern tech, but they don't make cars like they used to.I don't think somebody is going to be excited to find a 2019 Camaro in a barn some day, not like finding a 69 Camaro in a barn. What engine did that z28 have in it?

7 hours ago, Neo said:

Sounds like you lived in the golden age of muscle cars. Some people say that the golden age of muscle cars is right now because of all the modern technology and the fact you can buy a car that has 800+ horsepower from the factory and is track ready right off the line. Yes, the engines are full of modern tech, but they don't make cars like they used to.I don't think somebody is going to be excited to find a 2019 Camaro in a barn some day, not like finding a 69 Camaro in a barn. What engine did that z28 have in it?

Yep, our first car post inherited (via marriage) 65 Corvair was a used 67 Mustang 287 V-8. Loved that car. My Dad had a restored first gen Mustang V-8 convertible that

my brother inherited and later sold to some guy with money in Canada. Red with White leather interior in showroom shape since it was restored by some show winning

restorers from Calif. What a sweet sound that engine had, but better what a sweet ride. Wish my brother had not needed the $$ he got for it which was substantial. I could not

afford to outbid the Canadian.

My 400 small block chevy. Rated at 470 lb/ft of torque and 460HP. Blue Print crate 400, full roller engine, aluminum Blue Print heads, 10.3:1 compression, AED 750 HO double pumper, Edelbrock air-gap intake, MSD distributor with pertronix 50k volt coil and MSD ignition module.

20200825_185942.jpg

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

My Subaru Crosstrek will kick your ass in snow or off road.

56 minutes ago, Neo said:

Oh please, I can unplug 4 cylinders on one side of my engine a still gap anything you have.😄

36 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You'll slide around like a bitch in snow, and destroy your underside in 4 inches of ground clearance.🤣

Yep cause me and DieHard have 8.5 in. and every tire operates independent of every other one. I have the slightly longer Subaru Outback.

• Like 1