THE BROWNS BOARD

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

Vambo

I agree with folks who believe it will be a highly, highly qualified woman. Would they dare "Kavanaugh" a woman?

I'm not so sure they won't try. and if they vote against a woman for the Supreme Court...

well, that would lose a whole LOT of votes for sleepy not all there joe hoboken harris.

Yes, hold a vote before the election. Need a full court for all the frivolous lawsuits already being

set up all over America.

BTW, the reason to go ahead and have a vote, what the left refuses to admit - is to protect our Constitution/Bill of Rights.

by George Soros.

(oops, am I allowed to say george soros ?)

see, biden and harris have openly bragged and gloated about the leftwing soros-funded attorneys in our judicial system.

the dems appointed leftwing radicals who thought more of liberal causes and cherry-picked international law (Justice Ginsburg has referred to that in the past, defying our Constitution/Bill of Rights).

In defense of true AMERICAN justice - it is important now, to get a Pres Trump appointed nominee voted on.

The decision to go global law and toss away our Constitution/Bill of Rights or defend American Liberty and Justice for all...

is at stake.

Presidents take an oath to defend us....obaMao broke that promise with his nominees.

America First judge to the Supreme Court immediately. To KEEP THE PROMISE to defend our Constitution/Bill of Rights, way of life, and put America first.

31 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

So how can you want Trump to nominate and confirm a justice right away less than 2 months out from election but also previously fought against Obama doing the same 9 months out?

Is there any way you can completely change your tune without obviously being a partisan hypocritical biased hack?

To answer your question, no. That's how politics works though. And the Republicans have the Senate right now.

Also Obama was a lame duck? Does that help?

WSS

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

So how can you want Trump to nominate and confirm a justice right away less than 2 months out from election but also previously fought against Obama doing the same 9 months out?

Is there any way you can completely change your tune without obviously being a partisan hypocritical biased hack?

For one thing Trump isn't a lame duck.

Secondly with Obama it was a Republican Senate. Republican Senates are generally in line with Republican presidents, and generally oppose Demonrat presidents.

Thats the way the game is played and the Republicans have the ball.

I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem if everything was reversed.

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

So the only excuses / reasons we have are:

"We need to defend true real American patriot bald eagle justice!"

and

"Yes the Reps will completely go against what they did before because that's politics"  (and our broken system)

Well at least one of those isn't trying to hide it...

The woman wasn't even cold yet, and McConnell had already made up his mind what he was going to do... Trump probably creamed his pants when he heard the news... Ginsberg only held on till her last breath in the hope she could outlast Trump, and Biden could nominate her successor... 

As I said earlier in this thread, I actually favor another conservative justice on the Court. One more, it gives them a super majority. I'm anti abortion, but if Evangelicals think another conservative justice means Roe vs Wade is toast, don't think so. On a personal level- love to see it. On a practical level? Not happening.

RIP RBG and.......

......"Our nation has lost a justice of historic stature," Chief Justice John Roberts said. "We at the Supreme Court have lost a cherished colleague. Today we mourn but with confidence that future generations will remember Ruth Bader Ginsburg as we knew her, a tireless and resolute champion of justice."

Architect of the legal fight for women's rights in the 1970s, Ginsburg subsequently served 27 years on the nation's highest court, becoming its most prominent member. Her death will inevitably set in motion what promises to be a nasty and tumultuous political battle over who will succeed her, and it thrusts the Supreme Court vacancy into the spotlight of the presidential campaign.

Just days before her death, as her strength waned, Ginsburg dictated this statement to her granddaughter Clara Spera: "My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.".......

26 minutes ago, hoorta said:

As I said earlier in this thread, I actually favor another conservative justice on the Court. One more, it gives them a super majority. I'm anti abortion, but if Evangelicals think another conservative justice means Roe vs Wade is toast, don't think so. On a personal level- love to see it. On a practical level? Not happening.

Nice to see some rational stuff coming from you. Roe vs Wade is such a giant problem - it was a mistake - painted too broad a brush -

they left open - "...without excessive government restriction"...which means...just what? I think eventually Roe vs Wade will be clarified as to extenuating circumstances.

Here is a really smart article, - from a submission to the Huffington Post of all places.

I admire it -

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/how-to-resolve-the-aborti_b_227238#:~:text=In fact%2C many of the divisions between pro-life,respectful of women%2C adopted children and their families.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

The woman wasn't even cold yet, and McConnell had already made up his mind what he was going to do... Trump probably creamed his pants when he heard the news... Ginsberg only held on till her last breath in the hope she could outlast Trump, and Biden could nominate her successor... 

I disagree with you, but I don't think you're an idiot. 

Imagine that.

Almost like certain people are called morons here because they are, in fact, morons... not because their political views differ 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I disagree with you, but I don't think you're an idiot. 

Imagine that.

Almost like certain people are called morons here because they are, in fact, morons... but because their political views differ 

It's what I got in a few PMs from some guys with a liberal POV I respect over on TBB. They have no interest in venturing over here to deal with the moronity (is that a word?) that goes on constantly here.... 

There's only one overriding POV here on the poli board, and if you don't agree with it, by golly you're a moron- for not seeing the true light of Conservative Rightdom.... 

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

It's what I got in a few PMs from some guys with a liberal POV I respect over on TBB. They have no interest in venturing over here to deal with the moronity (is that a word?) that goes on constantly here.... 

There's only one overriding POV here on the poli board, and if you don't agree with it, by golly you're a moron- for not seeing the true light of Conservative Rightdom.... 

You're just a stupid liberal

And I'm all for nuking this place

31 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And you see it that way because you're a liberal now. Or a Trump hater which causes you to accept the liberal point of view. What you guys want is a liberal mr. T. You won't find a more reasonable moderator than myself. You just want to punish those who don't agree with you. And a handful of the board liberals just love that kind of shit.

WSS

27 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You're just a stupid liberal

And I'm all for nuking this place

Because you're not man enough to avoid it. Kind of like the assholes who pretend to he cares about safety but insists on going to placess where people don't wear masks just so he can bitch.

WSS

• Thanks 1

I was going to post a Washington Post article but you have to subscribe to open it up. The gist of it was if McConnell pushes through Supreme Court nomination Biden should pack the court. That was pretty much the headline. I hope McConnell pushes through a marshall conservative. I have no doubt Joe Biden and his band of rats will pack the courts and a way. Because if he wins there's not much doubt they will take the Senate and retain the house.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

And you see it that way because you're a liberal now. Or a Trump hater which causes you to accept the liberal point of view. What you guys want is a liberal mr. T. You won't find a more reasonable moderator than myself. You just want to punish those who don't agree with you. And a handful of the board liberals just love that kind of shit.

WSS

yep, you betcha.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Because you're not man enough to avoid it. Kind of like the assholes who pretend to he cares about safety but insists on going to placess where people don't wear masks just so he can bitch.

WSS

double yep.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Why nuk it?  If you don't like it, don't come here.  Simple.

it's the liberal desperation for victimization.

and it is NOT being disagreed with. It's being an antagonistic

jerk to get negative ("victimization") response, so they can then

complain about it.

Very strange, and disingenuous.

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

I’m surprised he hasn’t left for Canada, nobody in America likes a limp wristed bird boy.

It's complicated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodpecker

The majority of woodpeckers are sedentary but there are a few examples of migratory species such as the rufous-bellied woodpecker and yellow-bellied sapsucker,[14] and the Eurasian wryneck breeds in Europe and west Asia and migrates to the Sahel in Africa in the winter.[15] More northerly populations of Lewis's woodpecker, northern flicker, Williamson's sapsucker, red-breasted sapsucker and red-naped sapsucker all move southwards in the fall in North America.[14] Most woodpecker movements can be described as dispersive, such as when young birds seek territories after fledging, or eruptive, to escape harsh weather conditions. Several species are altitudinal migrants, for example the grey-capped woodpecker, which moves to lowlands from hills during the winter months. The woodpeckers that do migrate do so during the day.[2]

https://www.audubon.org/news/listen-woodpeckers-making-their-winter-homes-fall

It turns out that some woodpecker species stay year round in the region where they nest, while others migrate south in winter. Those that remain through the colder months – well, it’s safe to say they’re not nesting now. No, these fall excavators are chiseling out roosting cavities, snug hollows where they’ll shelter during the cold nights of fall and winter. 

Many woodpeckers roost in such cavities, usually by themselves. Even the young, once they’re fledged, have to find their own winter quarters. 

With woodpeckers, once the nights turn cold, it’s every bird for itself, for they are rarely accepted by any other kind of bird - they are too antagonistic, ignorant and helpless for other bird species to bother with....

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

You mean guys like Neo? I clearly understand why you would respect him.

They have no interest in venturing over here to deal with the moronity (is that a word?) that goes on constantly here.... 

You wish that's what is happening.  We don't consider hate a POV. We don't consider lies a POV.  You, Tex, and Woody pretty have the monopoly on those,  thus your liberal friends would have nothing new to offer by posting here.

Case in point. Neo came here and offered nothing other than the same trash you do, only worse.

Thats not it. What is really going on here is you're insistence that we fully agree with you. Anything less is unacceptable. We support Trump and you  fuckers can't stand it.

3 minutes ago, Gorka said:
  2 hours ago, hoorta said:

It's what I got in a few PMs from some guys with a liberal POV I respect over on TBB.

You mean guys like Neo? I clearly understand why you would respect him.

They have no interest in venturing over here to deal with the moronity (is that a word?) that goes on constantly here.... 

You wish that's what is happening.  We don't consider hate a POV. We don't consider lies a POV.  You, Tex, and Woody pretty have the monopoly on those,  thus your liberal friends would have nothing new to offer by posting here.

Thats not it. What is really going on here is you're insistence that we fully agree with you. Anything less is unacceptable. We support Trump and you  fuckers can't stand it.

RI2020SP.png,,&width=378&trim=true

Why does my name keep coming up? I was only interested in two topics on the political forum, Rittenhouse and masks. I've spoke my mind about them now I'm done. You don't have to like my point of view, I could care less if you do. Looks like I got under somebody's skin. Well I'll just dedicate this to you.

"When there is a vacancy on the Supreme Court, the president is to nominate someone, the Senate is to consider that nomination, and either they disapprove of that nominee or that nominee is elevated to the Supreme Court," Obama said in February 2016, just days after Scalia's death.

"Historically, this has not been viewed as a question," he continued. "There's no unwritten law that says that it can only be done on off-years. That's not in the constitutional text."