THE BROWNS BOARD

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

Vambo

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

RIP to her

If Trump gets his wish we'll be stuck in the past as a country for years to come... oh joy

would you prefer the current venezuela? or the past venezuela?

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

would you prefer the current venezuela? or the past venezuela?

You aren't bright, but that isn't your fault. 

How many days out from the presidential election was Merrick Garland nominated by Obama? Did Mitch McConnell let that go through? Asking for a friend...

7 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

How many days out from the presidential election was Merrick Garland nominated by Obama? Did Mitch McConnell let that go through? Asking for a friend...

You must be referencing “The Biden Rule”.

33 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Exactly Woodster. Bet the ranch Republicans have a short attention span and try to nominate another conservative justice. And before I get attacked by  MAGAs, that's the #1 reason with a bullet why I voted for Trump in the first place. Any attempt by DT to pack the Court in a lame duck term will fly like a lead balloon in the Senate.  The Democrats aren't about to forget the Garland gambit- there's no way in hell Mitch and his pals are going to get 60+ yes votes before January... 

58 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Exactly Woodster. Bet the ranch Republicans have a short attention span and try to nominate another conservative justice. And before I get attacked by  MAGAs, that's the #1 reason with a bullet why I voted for Trump in the first place. Any attempt by DT to pack the Court in a lame duck term will fly like a lead balloon in the Senate.  The Democrats aren't about to forget the Garland gambit- there's no way in hell Mitch and his pals are going to get 60+ yes votes before January... 

You're wrong about nearly everything. I wouldn't be going out on a limb to say you are wrong here too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

I think you’re right about the votes. I was against it when Obama wanted to put one in right before an election and I’m against Trump doing it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Why is it you nearly always? try to rub your alleged engineering degree in people's faces?

My question, under the circumstances was valid. That's from a long conversation with someone who used to live in Venezuela when it was a great place. He escaped with his life, giving up his coffee bean farm, after getting kidnapped twice, and threatened with his life, etc.

You are extremely ignorant, and you emotionally and sickly knee jerk into personal attacks. I asked a simple question. Do you need it explained to you word for word?

No personal attack, just a valid point. Why is how long it was... do you think Justices die on schedule, asswhole?

THAT is how you became known as the forum's woodpecker - for good reason.

1 hour ago, Comeonman said:

I think you’re right about the votes. I was against it when Obama wanted to put one in right before an election and I’m against Trump doing it. 

Except in this case -  look what they did to Kavanaugh - they tried to destroy him, his family, his career, with fake witnesses and

vile attacks in the leftwing media (pretty much an oxymoron when talking about the msm).

Liberal activism = MAKING lefty law, instead of interpreting adherence to our U.S. CONSTITUTION/BILL OF RIGHTS.

and that isn't wrong. The politics have gotten so evil and corrupt and vicious, the democrats are no more - it's more resembling the nazi party pre-WWII.

For the sake of our entire country and way of life - ALL judges must be originalists. or we are doomed to repeat world history.

We are in a fight for our way of life and liberty. Look at the democrat run cities - burning down - violence, murders, assasinations of children and police.

Of course Pres Trump should nominate another originalist. That is never a problem with me, regardless of the time frame.

Justice Ginsburg should have retired a year or two ago - so there.

Speaking of Justice Ginsburg - most of us know that she was great friends with Justice Scalia.

that is pretty cool.

She also lamented the nasty proceeding of the last two rep - nominated judges.

She says she wishes they could go back to how it was fair and bipartisan - that is how she got to

become a Justice.

She was a leftie legitimately - I just never agreed with her opinions legal opinions - she was apt to

consider international law over our U.S. Constitutuion/Bill of Rights.

That is dangerous.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/04/29/scotus-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-laments-over-recent-dem-obstruction-in-senate

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/09/18/this-this-this-john-fund-explains-why-the-u-s-needs-a-full-complement-of-scotus-justices-for-election-day/

‘THIS THIS THIS’: John Fund explains why the U.S. needs a full complement of SCOTUS Justices for election day

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Why is it you nearly always? try to rub your alleged engineering degree in people's faces?

My question, under the circumstances was valid. That's from a long conversation with someone who used to live in Venezuela when it was a great place. He escaped with his life, giving up his coffee bean farm, after getting kidnapped twice, and threatened with his life, etc.

You are extremely ignorant, and you emotionally and sickly knee jerk into personal attacks. I asked a simple question. Do you need it explained to you word for word?

No personal attack, just a valid point. Why is how long it was... do you think Justices die on schedule, asswhole?

THAT is how you became known as the forum's woodpecker - for good reason.

I never mentioned a degree. And "alleged"? Haha. I think you have your own issues there.

You also gotta love you doing the thing where you personally attack someone and then say you didn't. Better than you claiming "self defense" or some nonsense. 

You're sick obsession with me and that nickname is also your own personal problem.

Again, you aren't bright. Thinking that replacing a liberal justice with another makes us venezuela is just stupid. It's the fear mongering you're fed and eat up on a daily basis. You believe it, because, as I said, you aren't bright. 

You also completely slipped over the second part of that post. I imagine it is because your biased right wing "news" sites haven't told you what to say yet. By tomorrow they'll have some excuse for why it was ok to deny Obama's appointee 9 months out but not Trump's less than 2 months out. 

I'm sure you'll be flooding this board with nonsense tomorrow morning from The Blaze and the like once you know the marching orders....

Edit: never mind. Looks like you're already posting Blaze links. And your argument is.. fear mongering. Surprise there. Of course it would be something emotional. Or that she "should have retired a year or two ago"... Ok? That's the best excuse you have to be completely hypocritical? And yes, it is completely hypocritical. I know you always forget but all of your posts still exist on here. You thinking one thing when it's Trump and the opposite when it's Obama is stored on this forum. You have no spine or ideology. 

Yes despite the inevitable Democrat dirty tricks I hope the president is able to successfully place a Marshall conservative on the scotus.

I expect some of this bullshit from the Liberals and the Democrats unfortunately we're seeing it from the fake conservatives. Meaning the guys that hate Trump but pretend that they would like to have a conservative president in the White House. Now they're going to fight hard for as liberal a justice as possible. Come on guys. Pretend whoever this nomination is came from Mike Pence. Or any other Republican you pretend to like. Or admit that you just turned liberal in your dotage.

Depending a liberal Justice just to fuck with the president is a bad idea for the country.

WSS

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

The Democrats aren't about to forget the Garland gambit- there's no way in hell Mitch and his pals are going to get 60+ yes votes before January... 

You’re spreading more nonsense, the Senate only needs 51 votes.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

Nor should the Republicans forget the filthy and unfounded smear tactics against Kavanaugh. And no Garland wasn't a lunatic.

WSS

• Upvote 1

The next supreme court battle will be ruthless.(Rimshot)

If Trump can find a black female conservative to take her place the libs heads will fall off.  They hopefully can survive the hell of all the questions about what they wrote in their high school yeabook. 

• Haha 2

So how can you want Trump to nominate and confirm a justice right away less than 2 months out from election but also previously fought against Obama doing the same 9 months out?

Is there any way you can completely change your tune without obviously being a partisan hypocritical biased hack?