THE BROWNS BOARD

JOE BUCK JOINS FATHER IN NFL HOF live on TNF Cinci at CLE game

mjp28

JOE BUCK JOINS FATHER IN HOF

13 hours ago

Little did Joe Buck know, Thursday night would become a night he would never forget. 

President of the Pro Football Hall of Fame David Baker announced at halftime of Thursday Night Football that legendary sportscaster Joe Buck would join his father, fellow legendary sportscaster Jack Buck, in the Hall.

Buck was left speechless after the announcement.

"I don't even know what to say. I feel like – what? This is unbelievable." 

Hall of Famer Eric Dickerson congratulated Buck after the annoucement.

Buck is a Sports Emmy Award-winner who has spent decades as a play-by-play announcer for FOX, lending his talents to both the NFL and MLB.

In 1994, at age 25, he became the youngest man to broadcast the Sunday slate of NFL games.

Jack Buck spent nearly 50 years in the broadcast booth for the St. Louis Cardinals, and he covered 17 World Series and eight Super Bowls.

He is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the Baseball Hall of Fame, and the Radio Hall of Fame.

• Upvote 3

I like Joe Buck as an announcer and of course always liked his dad Jack Buck as a classic old time announcer.

Congratulations to them both.

• Upvote 1

I'm not the biggest Joe Buck fan... His father was great and spent part of his life here in Cleveland... But he is deserving... Congrats.. Besides.. We're 3-0 when Buck and Aikman broadcast Browns games on Prime time...

1 minute ago, nickers said:

I'm not the biggest Joe Buck fan... His father was great and spent part of his life here in Cleveland... But he is deserving... Congrats.. Besides.. We're 3-0 when Buck and Aikman broadcast Browns games on Prime time...

I think part of that is because as the son of a HOF he's always been compared to his fine career.

Joe has done a LOT of big time sports broadcasting in football and baseball for over 25 years now.

• Upvote 1

No joy getting the Madden excitement from Troy Aikman.... But if I can get some simple Pat Summerall wit from Joe Buck...  I've enjoyed both Buck's work & Congrats Joe...(i missed the whole tv thing..post praying to the bathroom gods...)

Enjoy guys! I'm out with the fam, to a no net weekend on Lake Gaston, to closeout a 10 🏈 vacation ... read ya at Sundays kickoffs..  

• Thanks 1

I despise how Joe Buck casts the games. No-emotion. Last week I realized that he was the caster for the Catch of David Tyree in the Giants - New England Patriots Superbowl. For one of the most memorable plays in SB history (I think it was voted top 3 or something like that) he expressed the same emotion I express when watching the microwave working. 

20 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

No joy getting the Madden excitement from Troy Aikman.... But if I can get some simple Pat Summerall wit from Joe Buck...  I've enjoyed both Buck's work & Congrats Joe...(i missed the whole tv thing..post praying to the bathroom gods...)

Enjoy guys! I'm out with the fam, to a no net weekend on Lake Gaston, to closeout a 10 🏈 vacation ... read ya at Sundays kickoffs..  

Sounds good gumby, now that the BROWNS played on TNF I'll probably be watching the Red Zone from the NFL Network Sunday.

Have fun !

GO BROWNS, 1-1.....baby !