THE BROWNS BOARD

Classic uniforms of the good old days

BrownsfaninPa

45 minutes ago, BrownsfaninPa said:

WHOA ! All orange, why that's very different. and very interesting to see. The orange jersey hasn't been used since the Tim Couch days.

I heard we're going orange pants, but that could be some Twitter bullshit. I also saw that we're wearing our color rush, so who really knows. 

This news just in

EiJHSnKXkAAJ5Qp?format=jpg&name=medium     👀 were back to old school... Happy 100th  

Bengals     Cincinnati Bengals release 2020 uniform schedule   Basic home white jersey is on schedule.. but I'd like to see them in their new 3rd jersey, all whites scheduled for weeks 8 & 12Bengals can learn from mistakes of Rams' new uniformsimage.jpeg.9a9cc6460b7c8dc75b320f29438013a8.jpeg

12 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

This news just in

EiJHSnKXkAAJ5Qp?format=jpg&name=medium     👀 were back to old school... Happy 100th  

Bengals     Cincinnati Bengals release 2020 uniform schedule   Basic home white jersey is on schedule.. but I'd like to see them in their new 3rd jersey, all whites scheduled for weeks 8 & 12Bengals can learn from mistakes of Rams' new uniformsimage.jpeg.9a9cc6460b7c8dc75b320f29438013a8.jpeg

That would be interesting, since the Browns never unveiled orange pants when they introduced the new unis this spring. Jimmy's son/son-in-law/nephew/whoever mentioned something at the time of the reveal that he had no idea Browns fans liked the orange pants so much and that they needed to get with Nike to give them some. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nero said:

I've honestly always preferred white pants. But the worst were the now gone orange numbers. 

I agree. I think the Sipe era uniforms were the worst Browns uniforms they ever had, until the 2015-2019 ones (1984 were bad too, but only lasted one year) so I've never been a big fan of the orange pants for the Browns. With brown and orange, simpler is better. 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

This news just in

That's definitely acceptable. But please no all brown or all orange. Hideous. 

Last nights game was very good. We got the win, and looked pretty damn good. The uniforms looked so sleek and cool. I love the brown jersey and the classic orange pants from the 70's / 80's. Days of Brian Sipe, Greg Pruitt, Mike Pruitt, Cleo Miller on offense and on defense we had Clay Matthews, Lyle Alzdo, Jerry Sherk, Dick Ambrose.

• Upvote 1

we've seen excited newbie posters making new topics... Please, Save Us* & the Mods... and do them a favor? not having to merge them into one. KEEP THEM ALL IN THE SAME PRE MADE TOPIC... Lord, *it helps when your trying to find one topic for same Subject matter ...  Keep them coming thou & Thanks!

53 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Just no. The white pants are THE classic look. 

It was kind of neat I suppose to see the orange pants for a "special" night game, but give me the brown jerseys/white pants (and white jerseys/white pants) look 95% of the time. The brown pants can be set on fire. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Classic things can be generic and that's where those are. 

Your complaints are becoming generic and boring. Classic things can be classic and there is an anything better than something that’s classic. I’d be like saying take the New York Yankees uniform and make them purple and green

I know you're old and often spout stupid things but you should go back and read. 

I said they were generic, not bad. The brown is actively bad. The white are just generic basic pants. They neither add or detract from the uniform. Almost every team in the league has some variation on the white pants. That is the very essence of generic. 

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I know you're old and often spout stupid things but you should go back and read. 

I said they were generic, not bad. The brown is actively bad. The white are just generic basic pants. They neither add or detract from the uniform. Almost every team in the league has some variation on the white pants. That is the very essence of generic. 

They are classic. What is it about that you don’t understand?

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Your complaints are becoming generic and boring. Classic things can be classic and there is an anything better than something that’s classic. I’d be like saying take the New York Yankees uniform and make them purple and green

I always liked the classic all white home uniforms.

Road white pants, brown jerseys.  Orange anything looks too Halloween-ish for me.    :ph34r:

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Orange anything looks too Halloween-ish for me.    :ph34r:

I hear ya.  I don't have any orange clothing, jackets, anything.....outside of Browns garb, and no Browns garb with orange as the main color.

...but it IS a color of fall....October, Halloween, November, Thanksgiving.....of course December takes on a different color flavor.  

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I always liked the classic all white home uniforms.

Road white pants, brown jerseys.  Orange anything looks too Halloween-ish for me.    :ph34r:

Orange and black are the colors of  Halloween, orange and brown are the colors of fall.

Like the traditional Thanksgiving Day game, the Bengals and Browns should have started a tradition of playing on every Halloween.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Unless it is pumpkin orange which our helmets used to be before they fucked up the new color 

I happen to agree that the new day-glow orange is too harsh.  I liked the softer orange better also.....but at least the uni's are a helluvalot better than those things being worn for the last 5 years.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Unless it is pumpkin orange which our helmets used to be before they fucked up the new color 

OH YES.     Keep the original orange with the stripes on the helmet forever no matter what uniform colors they wear.

Indirectly related, I overly care for the stripes at the 50 yard line.  I get the idea...but there's so many stripes around yard lines, including the stripes that the tv broadcast super imposes on the screen, that it gets lost in all of that.  I prefer the helmet at mid-field.  But that's just me...