THE BROWNS BOARD

Chubb / Hunt vs Byner / Mack

BrownsfaninPa

Last nights running attack looked awesome. So glad to see a running game eat up yards for positive gain. Seeing Chubb and Hunt run the  way they did reminded me of the mid 80's when we had 2 1,000 yrd rushers in the same year with E. Byner & K. Mack.  Would it be possible to have these two runners gain the yards that Byner & Mack did?

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, BrownsfaninPa said:

Last nights running attack looked awesome. So glad to see a running game eat up yards for positive gain. Seeing Chubb and Hunt run the  way they did reminded me of the mid 80's when we had 2 1,000 yrd rushers in the same year with E. Byner & K. Mack.  Would it be possible to have these two runners gain the yards that Byner & Mack did?

Averaging 63yds a game on the ground for Hunt is the big question mark. I do think they have a great chance to beat Byner and Mack's total yds from scrimmage, but Stef has to prove to me that he is able to stay with the run all year, especially when our defense has us down 21-9 at half time and he doesn't default to forcing the ball to OBJ.  

They sure were fun to watch last night. 

• Upvote 1

Total yards is the new measuring stick... and by that measure they've got a shot.

The hurdle is Mack and Byner both saw the field at the same time... a lot. Something I am sure we will see from our new duo this year, but those sightings will be few and far between.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Averaging 63yds a game on the ground for Hunt is the big question mark. I do think they have a great chance to beat Byner and Mack's total yds from scrimmage, but Stef has to prove to me that he is able to stay with the run all year, especially when our defense has us down 21-9 at half time and he doesn't default to forcing the ball to OBJ.  

They sure were fun to watch last night. 

Real fun to watch last night. Especially those last 2 drives where everyone knew they were coming but the Bengals couldn’t stop them.

• Upvote 1

I wish I could give Kevin Stefanski a big hug. The way he used Chubb/Hunt last night is brilliant. Have Chubb lean on you the whole game and when the forth quarter rolls around, here comes Hunt. Probably the best change of pace back ever. See, I think most people forget that Hunt was a big cog in a KC offense that includes Patrick Mahomes, tryeek Hill, and Travis Kelce (!) So you have Chubb running the ball down your throat for 3 quarters then you bring in Hunt which you lose nothing running the ball but have a back who can also catch passes. That right there is the Browns offense strength .

I'll admit, I was one of the people that was skeptical when they brought Hunt to the team because of how talented Hunt was, I didn't think he would want to be behind somebody on the depth chart and would eventually want to go elsewhere for a starting gig. Hunt is a beast.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Neo said:

I wish I could give Kevin Stefanski a big hug. The way he used Chubb/Hunt last night is brilliant. Have Chubb lean on you the whole game and when the forth quarter rolls around, here comes Hunt. Probably the best change of pace back ever. See, I think most people forget that Hunt was a big cog in a KC offense that includes Patrick Mahomes, tryeek Hill, and Travis Kelce (!) So you have Chubb running the ball down your throat for 3 quarters then you bring in Hunt which you lose nothing running the ball but have a back who can also catch passes. That right there is the Browns offense strength .

I'll admit, I was one of the people that was skeptical when they brought Hunt to the team because of how talented Hunt was, I didn't think he would want to be behind somebody on the depth chart and would eventually want to go elsewhere for a starting gig. Hunt is a beast.

The fact he got an extension to stay with the team speaks volumes about his character, I believe....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Real fun to watch last night. Especially those last 2 drives where everyone knew they were coming but the Bengals couldn’t stop them.

What I most enjoyed was Chubb on the sidelines laughing, joking and congratulating Hunt after his TD. There is not a selfish bone in that talented body. He was genuinely happy

to see Hunt score for the Browns after he had set it up with so many tough runs before Hunt took the field.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BrownsfaninPa said:

Wow what a night for a ground attack. Chubb ran with force last night. He was chuga- lugging down the field eating up the yards. And Hunt was doing it as well. Keep the pressure going each week, run run run.

Do remember it was CIN and not BAL but still it SO nice seeing the BROWNS running for 6.2 yards per rush.

And a running game helps the passing game, clock management the woeful defense and to win games.

Football 101.

5 minutes ago, blitzz2 said:

And just imagine being on the other side for 3quarters, getting hammered by Chubb, Then bringing in Hunt, fresh legs and have to account for him out of the backfield. Has to be demoralizing to a D. Hope they build upon that going forward.

OUCH !  Oh yeah I think every DC has to plan on just that the 1-2 punch plus Baker does play action and hits Landry, his TEs and then hopefully a healthy OBJ.

A bulldozer like Chubb then a fresh Hunt....... Oh yeah !

29 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Baker does play action

Baker was really throwing some lasers last night. That one pass he threw to Hodge in the flat was a thing of beauty. Just the realization of what this offense can do when they hit on all cylinders is scary. Outside of KC and Baltimore, I don't think there is a scarier offense in the NFL.

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Total yards is the new measuring stick... and by that measure they've got a shot.

The hurdle is Mack and Byner both saw the field at the same time... a lot. Something I am sure we will see from our new duo this year, but those sightings will be few and far between.

Byner was such a great blocker  which is why he was in the game at the same time as Mack.