THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns VS Bengals Gameday Thread***

Nero

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm going to rewatch the game and concentrate on his play every offensive down just to see what we have now.

Im thinking that the offence may improve as the season goes on and run game might get more in the groove.  Remember too they played woeful Cincinnati in the last game and gave up 30+ points and went 0-5 in forth down stops, a few more stops they could have had had the run game on the field more and probably scored more points.

Same somewhat with the defense as it goes on.

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I thought offence was Gipper's specialty under the law.🧐🤣

You mean Your Honor Gipper ?   ;)

15 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

So we’re all clear here, the dick sucking of Burrow I think is a little much. 

be threw 61 times, and only had 80 more yards than Baker, who threw 23 times...

bengals are obviously scheming to protect Burrow. 

Brilliant analysis.   So an offense that has issues struggling to pass block is highlighting their rookie QB's strength, his short and intermediate accuracy, by trying to get the ball out quick.  Plus side, saving the wear and tear on his body so he doesn't end up like Couch.

That's called good coaching.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Brilliant analysis.   So an offense that has issues struggling to pass block is highlighting their rookie QB's strength, his short and intermediate accuracy, by trying to get the ball out quick.  Plus side, saving the wear and tear on his body so he doesn't end up like Couch.

That is the Cincinnati franchise out there they better do whatever it takes to protect him.

Same with Mayfield and now they have the 1-2 punch at running back to do just that.  Look for Baker to have the pass option less passes and more ypc to help him out.

GO BROWNS, high power offence and pray for the defence.......baby !

22 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

yep.

I would expect a regression from Burrow.  Although I think he’s playing well with a Bad line and AJ Green being a shell of himself. 

If they can’t complete passes downfield Def. Coordinators are going to play press and send the blitz and the Bengals haven’t shown much of run game either. He looked a look skittish a times (feet were off) when we sent extra men 

Ravens and Steelers come to mind. They will come after Joe hard and sit on those short And intermediate routes  Joe will have his welcome to League moment soon. 

1 minute ago, SdBacker80 said:

Ravens and Steelers come to mind.  Joe will have his welcome to League moment soon. 

He's 0-2, the first loss being a heartbreak missed FG and the other watching his defense unable to stop a 2 back rotation all while seeing Myles align across from him.  

Aside from being blasted into a concussion, pretty sure the kid has already had his "welcome" moment.

6 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

He's 0-2, the first loss being a heartbreak missed FG and the other watching his defense unable to stop a 2 back rotation all while seeing Myles align across from him.  

Aside from being blasted into a concussion, pretty sure the kid has already had his "welcome" moment.

I think there is a little more coming.  

They need get Mixon going doesn’t have to necessarily be conventional runs either and slowly work on loosening up Def going downfield.  I think they will and they are going to be a tougher out next time.

But we better lineup and just run over them (40-45 carries) keep Burrow on the sideline next game 

13 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I think there is a little more coming.  

They need get Mixon going doesn’t have to necessarily be conventional runs either and slowly work on loosening up Def going downfield.  I think they will and they are going to be a tougher out next time.

But we better lineup and just run over them (40-45 carries) keep Burrow on the sideline next game 

Getting Mixon going might be difficult with that Oline.  You can scheme up whatever, but if you don't have the talent to execute those designs then it becomes a moot point. 

Agreed on the next meeting.  They have some boys up front though - Reader especially.  But without Geno and now a little older Dunlap, they don't have as much bite up front.

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Getting Mixon going might be difficult with that Oline.

Ding Ding Ding...

The "fat-asses" have to perform... and Cinci is just not good there. I'd be surprised if anyone outside of a 150 mile radius from Cinci came name a starter.

Meanwhile Andrew Whitworth just keeps rolling along at a high level for LAR.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

LOL Tiamat is a badass look out.

Of course it’s good coaching like I said in my post. Jeeeez ppl are all Lombardi on here.

8 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

LOL Tiamat is a badass look out.

Of course it’s good coaching like I said in my post. Jeeeez ppl are all Lombardi on here.

Only, that's isn't what you said in your post.   You said "they're scheming to protect Burrow".  

Which would probably make his night a bit more impressive given the lack of vertical options he had to deal with.