THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns VS Bengals Gameday Thread***

Nero

Hey, Browns fans!!!! 

Today we're tested in the Thursday Night Football. At 8:20PM ET (fuck:you PM European Time). 100 years ago, the NFL was born in Canton, Ohio, so no better moment for The Battle of Ohio.

Each of the 2 contenders lost the opener, so it's time for the Browns to show they're the better team, work their offense and WIN!!!!

I have a lot of work, so won't risk my national health care system in order to watch the game or post the news, so I'll leave you with reporters @Tour2ma, who will bring the injury report for both teams, @mjp28 will tell us the odds of the game, @tiamat63 the pregame analysis and @Gipper will tell us the stats of all the previous matches between both teams. 

Let's fucking GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Who will be the nickel? I do not see newly signed M.J Stewart listed on the injury report.

Good question.. Redwine/ MJ Steward and Robert Jackson (just brought up from PS again) Only saw ST snaps last week.. Ward & Money Mitch saw every snap at corner, while only* Tavierre Thomas saw true corner snaps with 28...Getting both Greedy & Kevin Johnson back would be great.. But we dang sure could have used one of the two tonight 

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

They should have an over and under. How many stupid penalties the Browns have, and how many times Parky hits the upright.

What ever number it is, I'm taking the over...

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

On 92.3 The Fan, a caller said he knew Kareem Hunts brother. Talked to the brother and he said Kareem called him Sunday night absolutely pissed off. Kareem said the locker room is done with Baker, they all think he sucks. Interesting tidbit.

Baker needs to hear something like that. In all honesty. Wake TF up..

1 hour ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

On 92.3 The Fan, a caller said he knew Kareem Hunts brother. Talked to the brother and he said Kareem called him Sunday night absolutely pissed off. Kareem said the locker room is done with Baker, they all think he sucks. Interesting tidbit.

Wow, would be nice if we knew this was true or not. It would explain why the team shows the body language of one who doesn't want to even be playing. 

2 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

2 of our top 3 corners are injured. Mitchell is a solid #2 corner. Who will be the nickel? I do not see newly signed M.J Stewart listed on the injury report.

Green, Boyd, and Ross have some good skills not to mention their talented backfield.

More of a reason to control the ball. On the other side of the ball, Cincy is without 2 DL to include Atkins. No excuse for Chubb to be at 20+ carries, and Hunt at 10+. This team is made to pound the rock-do it. I really wish we would have addressed CB and LB depth this off season. Last week was..rough to watch, albeit against arguably the toughest challenge in the NFL.

54 minutes ago, Neo said:

I say bench him and put Keenum in. Maybe that will wake him up.

Coach seems like a guy not afraid to make a tough call. If we're down, at home especially by double digits, wouldn't be surprised to see Keenum come out as a spark.

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

Wow, would be nice if we knew this was true or not. It would explain why the team shows the body language of one who doesn't want to even be playing. 

Hunt’s brother is in prison.

If any of that is true, that’s a hell of a phone tree to get that kinda of information....

• Upvote 1

Bengals Dline is looking a little long in the tooth.  Surprisingly their young linebackers and secondary look rather capable.  

If the Brownies Oline is able to go and in solid health, they can win up front and keep rotating Chubb + Kareem.     At this rate, you're going to have to force that 8th man into the box because Baker is playing like one of the worst QB's in the NFL.   Need to keep as much space outside for him to throw with.

On defense? Advantage anybody facing Bobby Hart.  Dude might be the worst RT in the NFL.   Myles and Vernon should combine for 3.5 sacks.     Don't go until you know.   Bengals won't threaten deep if they don't have time to get the ball off.   That means 5 and 7 step combos are off the plate - Divide, Mills, double moves, deep floods... off the table.   Make them pay for it and be aggressive underneath.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Bengals Dline is looking a little long in the tooth.  Surprisingly their young linebackers and secondary look rather capable.  

If the Brownies Oline is able to go and in solid health, they can win up front and keep rotating Chubb + Kareem.     At this rate, you're going to have to force that 8th man into the box because Baker is playing like one of the worst QB's in the NFL.   Need to keep as much space outside for him to throw with.

Just read they are down two starting DT’s.

This should be an easy formula. Chubb and Hunt to set up play action for Hooper and Landry. 

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If this game goes bad because of Baker in the first half, look for exactly that in the 2nd.

this IS possible - but only because the offense is new to Baker and co.... and Keenum

has been with about ...5 or 6 teams? He's seen a lot.

We'll see. So far we aren't missing much, waiting til the game has been on about ten minutes before we start watching it, or recording it....

Just posted this in this week...

It's my Rx for a win tonite..

Just now, Tour2ma said:

If not now.... when?

Time to suck it up boys...

@Cleveland   vs   Cincinnati (+6.0)

Prediction: CLE 26 (yup... miss another PAT) CIN 16

I'm all-in this week. You can see in the posted spread I took us in Pick'em... and I took us in Survivor as well.

Posted a couple days ago about Stef needing to make the game fun for Baker... and here's how.

1. Run some RPO... especially early. Get him hit a little on his terms... get the competitive juices flowing.
  2. Move the freakin' pocket... don't make Bake a statue anchored between the OTs allowing the DL to play passing lanes and knock down throws... or pin their ears bak and meet in his chest cavity. Call some 1/4-rolls, some boots, some slides... when he moves he sees better and when he sees better he cuts it loose.
  3. Establish Chubb early and go to him the entire game... He gets better with work. Or as the poet in me says:

Make Cinci's D honor the run and some PAP will increase Baker's fun.

Otherwise on D there only one approach to take... disguise and dictate, i.e., fool the Bengal's rookie QB and do not sit back...

2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Coach seems like a guy not afraid to make a tough call. If we're down, at home especially by double digits, wouldn't be surprised to see Keenum come out as a spark.

The season already started off on the wrong foot. We need a coach that has the spine to bench a guy like Baker if he feels it could lead to success. He know Keenum from Minnesota so I think he really could come in and light it up.

I was really disappointed that Hooper didn't get a chance to make the ratbirds pay.

He had only two passes?

Harrison Bryant was only targeted twice.

That is a lesson Baker needs to learn.

Looking at some of the predictions from the people writing about the game (in articles), I see a lot of "the Browns *have* to win this" when justifying picking Cleveland, which is just them saying how bad it could get if the Browns don't beat the Bengals. It's honestly a coin toss for this game when predicting who wins.

#Browns

NFL_2020_2021_Browns.png

INACTIVES: WR Donovan Peoples-Jones, CB Greedy Williams, CB Kevin Johnson, LB Jacob Phillips, LB Mack Wilson, DE Olivier Vernon EXPECTED LINEUP CHANGES: Malcolm Smith starts at WILL Terrance Mitchell starts at CB Adrian Clayborn starts at DE Chris Hubbard starts at RT

anybody heard, on to why Jack Conklin won't be starting? Vernon out shock anybody?