THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Week 2 and we're searching for a new assistant already. So we will go back to Community, where Britta is sort of the Ginger to Annie's Mary Ann. So welcome Gillian (Not Gilligan) Jacobs:

641a910pmg951.jpg

Now, let's get right down to business:

Cincinnati at Cleveland, 8:20 pm, Thursday Night Football

The Browns got punched in the mouth last week, which should wake them up this week, and we'll see the full-throttled version of Kevin Stefansky's offense, while Joe Woods has an opportunity to fluster a rookie QB on the road. Big night for Baker. BROWNS 40 BUNGLES 10

Denver at Pittsburgh, Sunday 1 PM

The Broncos defense looked pretty tough against the Titans, even without Von Miller, so expect Vic Fangio's boy to get after the crip Big Slow Ben, and create havoc in this one. BRONCOS 20 STEELERS 13

Baltimore at Houston, Sunday 4:25 PM

The Ravens have a tough assignment on the road, and I have a feeling Deshaun Watson, maybe the most under-rated player in the league, is going to snatch the spotlight from Jacko. TEXANS 34 RAVENS 27

TGZ

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Week 2 Now, let's get right down to business:

Cincinnati at Cleveland, 8:20 pm, Thursday Night Football

The Browns got punched in the mouth last week, which should wake them up this week, and we'll see the full-throttled version of Kevin Stefansky's offense, while Joe Woods has an opportunity to fluster a rookie QB on the road. Big night for Baker. BROWNS 40 BUNGLES 10

Denver at Pittsburgh, Sunday 1 PM

The Broncos defense looked pretty tough against the Titans, even without Von Miller, so expect Vic Fangio's boy to get after the crip Big Slow Ben, and create havoc in this one. BRONCOS 20 STEELERS 13

Baltimore at Houston, Sunday 4:25 PM

The Ravens have a tough assignment on the road, and I have a feeling Deshaun Watson, maybe the most under-rated player in the league, is going to snatch the spotlight from Jacko. TEXANS 34 RAVENS 27

TGZ

Looks like 1-2 to me Zombo.

Browns by 3     27-24 (with a missed Browns XP😁)

Steelers 27-7. One awesome looking defense unfortunately.

Ravens pull a double double  34-10 over the Hopkins-less Texians.

If not now.... when?

Time to suck it up boys...

@Cleveland vs Cincinnati (+6.0)

Prediction: CLE 26 (yup... miss another PAT) CIN 16

I'm all-in this week. You can see in the posted spread I took us in Pick'em... and I took us in Survivor as well.

Posted a couple days ago about Stef needing to make the game fun for Baker... and here's how.

1. Run some RPO... especially early. Get him hit a little on his terms... get the competitive juices flowing.
  2. Move the freakin' pocket... don't make Bake a statue anchored between the OTs allowing the DL to play passing lanes and knock down throws... or pin their ears bak and meet in his chest cavity. Call some 1/4-rolls, some boots, some slides... when he moves he sees better and when he sees better he cuts it loose.
  3. Establish Chubb early and go to him the entire game... He gets better with work. Or as the poet in me says:

Make Cinci's D honor the run and some PAP will increase Baker's fun.

Otherwise on D there only one approach to take... disguise and dictate, i.e., fool the Bengal's rookie QB and do not sit back...

... and Cinci covered... but a win is a win.

image.png.3b20648e3b6f9d59812a4a19a9a3c329.png

Now for the rest of the AFCN...

@Pittsburgh   vs   Denver     (+7.5)

Near laffer near the confluence...

Prediction: PTG 23 DNV 10

Final: PTG 26 DNV 21 - W/L

Baltimore   vs   @Houston   (+ 7.0)

Houston has a lot of pieces, but still can not figure out the puzzle...

Prediction: BLT 31 HOU 20

Final: BLT 33 HOU 16 - W/W... not too shabby

So...

image.png.bba11b434ba0805bb41df846ee102210.png