THE BROWNS BOARD

Attaboy

D Bone

Great job Alejandro Villanueva... much respect. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/alejandro-villanueva-only-steelers-player-to-cover-name-of-police-shooting-victim-on-helmet-152737375.html

"The Pittsburgh Steelers wore the name Antwon Rose Jr. on the backs of their helmets on Monday night to honor the victims of systemic racism. Rose, a 17-year-old Black teenager who was killed by East Pittsburgh police in 2018, was chosen after the team took a vote.

On Monday night, one Steelers player did not wear Rose’s name on the back of his helmet. Offensive lineman Alejandro Villanueva covered up Rose’s name with tape and wrote Alwyn Cashe over it. Cashe was a Black US Army sergeant who served in Iraq and died of injuries he sustained while on tour there.

Wearing Rose’s name was supposed to be a show of team unity, but it appears that Villanueva decided to honor someone of his own choosing despite the team vote. Villanueva is an Army veteran who served in Afghanistan as a Ranger, and earned the Bronze Star for rescuing wounded soldiers while under enemy fire.

Cashe, who was burned over 72 percent of his body while trying to rescue his fellow soldiers from a burning Bradley Fighting Vehicle, was posthumously awarded the Silver Star after he died of his injuries. There has been a multi-year effort to have him awarded the Medal of Honor, the nation’s highest military honor."

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

“He did discuss that with me and it’s in line with everything that we said about participating in elements of social justice this offseason,” he told reporters when asked if he was aware of what Villanueva intended to do—much like when he alone was out on the field for the national anthem back in 2017.

“As an organization, and myself as the head coach of the organization, we are going to support our players in however they choose to participate and express themselves or to not participate or not express themselves, as long as they do so thoughtfully and with class,” Tomlin added. “And so that has been a blanket approach that we’ve had. And so I think it needs no further explanation in terms of our support for Al Villanueva or anyone else in terms of what they do or doesn’t do in regards to social justice, as long as they adhere to the outline that I just outlined for you.”

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Also, videos exist that clearly show evidence contradicting what that guy said in his video. Go look them up if you want. It is 2020 so people are just going to believe their own reality regardless of the facts presented. 

Which guy and what is the contradiction?

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

egad. she's far, far worse than extremely STUPID and BIGOTED.

8 hours ago, htownbrown said:

I wonder what the reaction was of the black soldiers mom Villanueva is honoring

It was  probably something the left and the media don't want to hear

• Upvote 1