THE BROWNS BOARD

OBJ trade whispers bubbling once again

Icecube

41 minutes ago, SkippinTurtles said:

OBJ talent is too expensive.  Period.  You can replicate him for less.  The Browns have way to much talent at RB to not feature the run.

If OBJ is dragging safeties out of the backfield, so much the better for the running game. That long TD gets all their attention on film day.

• Upvote 3

On 9/24/2020 at 12:43 PM, SkippinTurtles said:

OBJ talent is too expensive.  Period.  You can replicate him for less.  The Browns have way to much talent at RB to not feature the run.

I still think he gets traded this offseason for this very reason, and I guarantee we'll get bombarded by a "SEE I TOLD YOU SO" thread because it finally happened by a certain poster. 

On 9/26/2020 at 8:50 AM, Dutch Oven said:

I still think he gets traded this offseason for this very reason, and I guarantee we'll get bombarded by a "SEE I TOLD YOU SO" thread because it finally happened by a certain poster. 

Meanwhile the Pumpkin Patch Press has reported Po's heart throb Barkley can still reach 1000 yards on just 1 leg.   Barkley joins Po's other can't miss NFL Superheros temporarily out of work.  Josh Gordon has found NFL employment again; but he is currently suspended for stealing Tommy Chong's identity and his bong.  Rumor has it Trent Richardson is still ready to break out; and if he keeps his head up this time - he just might find the daylight he hasn't seen since college...

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2020 at 8:37 PM, Flugel said:

Meanwhile the Pumpkin Patch Press has reported Po's heart throb Barkley can still reach 1000 yards on just 1 leg.   Barkley joins Po's other can't miss NFL Superheros temporarily out of work.  Josh Gordon has found NFL employment again; but he is currently suspended for stealing Tommy Chong's identity and his bong.  Rumor has it Trent Richardson is still ready to break out; and if he keeps his head up this time - he just might find the daylight he hasn't seen since college...

Even when Barkley is healthy... He looks average to me... Not devoid of talent.. But certainly not generational...

35 minutes ago, nickers said:

Even when Barkley is healthy... He looks average to me... Not devoid of talent.. But certainly not generational...

Were he healthy, where would you put the pecking order:?

Dalvin Cook

Derrick Henry

Nick Chubb

Barkley

Zeke

Or is there someone else you all would insert into the Top 5 RBs in the game right now?

Give your list. 

50 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Dalvin Cook

Derrick Henry

Nick Chubb

Barkley

Zeke

Or is there someone else you all would insert into the Top 5 RBs in the game right now?

Give your list. 

I think you have to have McCaffrey and Kamara in the convo if we are using when healthy. 

AS O.A. "Bum" Phillips once said of Earl Campbell... "He may not be in a class by himself, but it doesn't take long to call the role."

Works for Chubb as well...

There's a handful of RBs... maybe two handfuls... who stand at the head of the current active players. McCaffrey and Kamara are definitely in that group. With time GB's Aaron Jones could make his way into the group as could LVR's Josh Jacobs.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Dalvin Cook

Derrick Henry

Nick Chubb

Barkley

Zeke

Give your list. 

Chubb

Cook

Henry

Kamara

Zeke

Barkley

• Upvote 1

On 10/4/2020 at 3:13 PM, hoorta said:

yup- we need a bumpus.... How did that POS OBJ look today? Like win the game for Da Browns?   

I don't think anybody believes OBJ is a POS when he feels like showing up.  Production wise, he's had only two games with the Browns that warrant the kind of money he's making, and draft capital given up for him.

Giving a 1st+3rd+$15M+ a year for him remains highly questionable, especially how the draft played out with Jeffrey Simmons/Dexter Lawrence and all those WR's still available at pick #17.

• Upvote 1

On 10/5/2020 at 3:06 PM, Icecube said:

Mr. Jimmy wants a 1st. 

Mr Jimmy nor Mr Berry wanted no such thing... 

checking back in with the.... Greater Cleveland Contemporary Youth Orchestra sddefault.jpg?sqp=CNzB9vsFir7X7AMGCPPT5O

Your* source* is fooling yourself...   and Cube... change your made-up embarrassing title topic name !! OBJ's the one you nor they can't beat 💪 #13

• Haha 1

As Ken Miles used to say... "H-A-P-P-Y, I'm H-A-P-P-Y..."

Cleveland Browns News: Odell Beckham happiest he’s been as a pro

by Randy Gurzi 11 hours ago Follow @rgurzi81

Daily Dawg Tags bring you all the Cleveland Browns news you need to know

Ever since the Cleveland Browns added Odell Beckham, Jr. ahead of last season, it’s been quite the ride. Beckham, who is an emotional player, has been criticized for the times he has shown frustration and there have been many rumors that he wants out of Cleveland.

However, with him blowing up this past week against Dallas, the talk about him has shifted. Now, most headlines talk about how he looks like himself again. And according to the team, he’s also never been happier.

In fact, one of his closest friends says that he hasn’t seen OBJ enjoying the game this much since his days at LSU.

Browns’ Odell Beckham Jr. say he’s the happiest he’s been since college — Ben Axelrod, WKYC.com

“Probably college,” Landry said, referencing his time playing alongside Beckham at LSU from 2011-2013. “Last year he was dealing with a major injury that obviously he had to have surgery and things like that. Coming into a new system, new team, all of these things and I think that weighs on you. It weighs on anybody.”

Jarvis Landry weighed in on his friend, who has seemed to really be enjoying himself over the past three games. OBJ is also coming off his best performance as a Brown, so it’s not shocking that he’s feeling the love right now.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2020/10/09/cleveland-browns-news-odell-beckham-happiest/

• Upvote 1