THE BROWNS BOARD

MNF Musings...

Tour2ma

PTG at NYG...

My God, but the Steeler D looks good. DL rotation is solid and then some with Alualu looking like a rock. Adding Bush to their LB corps should have been outlawed... kid flies to the ball. 2ndary doesn't measure up to the front 7, but it doesn't suck... even Haden showed he still has wheels. Still playing a lot of zone. That said...

NYG's OL is still a hot mess. They never came close to forcing PTG to have to honor the run first. When it still somehow managed to give Jones time, then he found receivers in holes in the zone.

Offensively...

Ben looked rusty... just as you'd expect him to, but doesn't look like it'll be long before he's back to his old form... the spark is there. Ground game wise Connor looks kinda done... tweeked an ankle last nite, but was not effective prior to that... plus he showed stone hands. That's the "good news"... the bad was that Bennie Snell, Jr. looked like the effin' Energizer Bunny. Receiver corps looks adeqaute and improved, but not great. Ebron looked damn good.

And above said NYG's D isn't bad at all... and their DC called a good game.

TN at DNV

Went to bed "early" and missed TN's winning drive, but overall my SB pick underwhelmed on O and barely "whelmed" on D.... but I have a feeling they are going to get much better and quickly. Their D looks solid.

DNV on the other hand surprised. Lock looked very good at times anyway... some potential there. Jeudy looks scary as hell... Running-wise Gordon looked good, but how long will he hold together? Their Von Millerless D still looked respectable, but TN's O did help them look that way.

• Upvote 1

I was impressed with Danny Dimes.  Tough and accurate. I think we would do really well with our scheme and talent around him here.

Steelers brought the heat and it was a tough matchup for a new Oline.  They were aggressive had a great gameplan. Diontae Johnson is gonna be tough for us to handle.

Giants need weapons badly.  You put men on Saquon and single up the rest and you are fine.  Giants D is bad too.  They have 3-4 year rebuild going on- BUT they got the QB position right.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

PTG at NYG...

My God, but the Steeler D looks good. DL rotation is solid and then some with Alualu looking like a rock. Adding Bush to their LB corps should have been outlawed... kid flies to the ball. 2ndary doesn't measure up to the front 7, but it doesn't suck... even Haden showed he still has wheels. Still playing a lot of zone. That said...

NYG's OL is still a hot mess. They never came close to forcing PTG to have to honor the run first. When it still somehow managed to give Jones time, then he found receivers in holes in the zone.

Offensively...

Ben looked rusty... just as you'd expect him to, but doesn't look like it'll be long before he's back to his old form... the spark is there. Ground game wise Connor looks kinda done... tweeked an ankle last nite, but was not effective prior to that... plus he showed stone hands. That's the "good news"... the bad was that Bennie Snell, Jr. looked like the effin' Energizer Bunny. Receiver corps looks adeqaute and improved, but not great. Ebron looked damn good.

And above said NYG's D isn't bad at all... and their DC called a good game.

TN at DNV

Went to bed "early" and missed TN's winning drive, but overall my SB pick underwhelmed on O and barely "whelmed" on D.... but I have a feeling they are going to get much better and quickly. Their D looks solid.

DNV on the other hand surprised. Lock looked very good at times anyway... some potential there. Jeudy looks scary as hell... Running-wise Gordon looked good, but how long will he hold together? Their Von Millerless D still looked respectable, but TN's O did help them look that way.

I picked the Pitt Def for my FFL (along with Rams D) and I took Jeudy as my last pick in drafting my team. Pitt Def is now rated as one of the top Ds in the league, but Ravens are not far behind, both in the top 2-5 in most FFL ratings. Nightmare come true for the Browns with 4 games with the two of them on the schedule.😱

EDIT: That being said I'm damn sure not playing Jeudy this week against that Pitt D. They are just too damn good, I think the best D in the league maybe. And I am using the Pitt D though against Den. Very well may hold them to a couple of FGs.

The steeler d (and Tomlin is on record saying it) sold out to stop Barkley which is why the secondary gave up some plays. Ben had to shake off some rust but the second he started running no huddle he hit his stride. I am not a fan of randy as our OC. 

I don't think Connor is done but he can't stay healthy so I guess that's one in the same. I frankly expect him to be a cap casualty. We have to resign some big names this off-season. I expect Connor and villanueva to be gone. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Vagitron said:

The steeler d (and Tomlin is on record saying it) sold out to stop Barkley which is why the secondary gave up some plays. Ben had to shake off some rust but the second he started running no huddle he hit his stride. I am not a fan of randy as our OC. 

I don't think Connor is done but he can't stay healthy so I guess that's one in the same. I frankly expect him to be a cap casualty. We have to resign some big names this off-season. I expect Connor and villanueva to be gone. 

The rookie from Maryland will likely take over. 

On 9/16/2020 at 9:46 AM, Vagitron said:

So basically we agree... although I think you're a tad homer-ish about your 2ndary. And yours won't be the only D to game plan NYG like that...

On Connors... even before the ankle tweak he wasn't running "quick" like he did two years ago. While he was never quite at the level Snell, Jr. flashed Monday, he did look quick once-upon-a-time. Agree on the cap casualty... if y'all did not pay Bell, etc...

Who was the last OC you were fond of? ;)

On 9/17/2020 at 5:45 PM, Tour2ma said:

So basically we agree... although I think you're a tad homer-ish about your 2ndary. And yours won't be the only D to game plan NYG like that...

On Connors... even before the ankle tweak he wasn't running "quick" like he did two years ago. While he was never quite at the level Snell, Jr. flashed Monday, he did look quick once-upon-a-time. Agree on the cap casualty... if y'all did not pay Bell, etc...

Who was the last OC you were fond of? ;)

How am I homerish about our secondary? Tomlin said they purposely exposed the secondary to stop the run. Go see where Nelson rated last season. Minkah is a monster and haden still has the gas. Edmunds is the wild card but he's rarely out of position. We then have Hilton and Sutton. There is nothing homerish about what I said. Our defense is legit across the board. 

It's also been a while on the OC. LOL. 

Whiz? Arians..... but he got Ben killed. I think Haley changed Ben the most for the better. Who knows. It ain't randy. Lol