Odell Beckham

Oliver Vernon

Giants Received

Kevin Zeitler

Jabrill Peppers

1st Round Pick

3rd Round Pick

(I'm combining the trades)

Take away whatever bias you may have toward me or the fact that I'm asking this question. Just look at the pieces involved and how they're performing now.

Would you undo this trade if you could?

When it was being discussed by Bull & Fox before the trade happened I was against doing it.  But I DID feel that we needed a true #1 receiver to set up Landry.  When we DID the trade I was like, ok...we got our #1 receiver, lets see if the offense clicks.  

At this point, I think most of us would undo the trade...but we can't so the script isn't finished yet.  And it's only the 1st game of the season.  Let's see how it unfolds as the season goes on.  This is an off-the-charts wacky year to be a new head coaching regime with new playbooks.  

Odell looks like a worthless #3 WR from the Jets' practice squad. I'm truly at a loss. I asked this yesterday and I was being serious...."what exactly does OBJ do?" I mean, how is he so bad? Look at Deondre Hopkins...he has like 15 catches for 150 yards. 

Wtf is the problem? 

3 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Odell looks like a worthless #3 WR from the Jets' practice squad. I'm truly at a loss. I asked this yesterday and I was being serious...."what exactly does OBJ do?" I mean, how is he so bad? Look at Deondre Hopkins...he has like 15 catches for 150 yards. 

Wtf is the problem? 

15 and 150 is not going to happen In this offense. Give me a couple big plays a game (no incredibly dumb stuff either or huge drops) and an active decoy presence and I’m happy.  

said it last week Landry and OBJ are a luxury in this offense.   One will be out of town next season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Wtf is the problem? 

Baker Mayfield. He looked really bad in the pocket yesterday and his accuracy was all over the map. His good throws were on the run. Obj could have easily gone over 100 yesterday if Mayfield was on the money. You all are blaming Obj but in my view from the outside looking in its Mayfield. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

said it last week Landry and OBJ are a luxury in this offense.   One will be out of town next season. 

That's what I felt when the trade was made. We needed a receiver? Yes. But I would have gone for a bigger body and not someone who pretty much has a similar to Landry skillset. You could have paid way less and have a reliable 2 punch duo. 

Landry+OBJ is mortgaging the house on Baker, and it hasn't paid off. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Baker Mayfield. He looked really bad in the pocket yesterday and his accuracy was all over the map

I have always been skeptical about picking Mayfield. I know a lot of people don't feel that way, but I was never really convinced that he was NFL material. He's flashed some since being in the league, but really seems like a one trick pony. I don't know what they saw in Mayfield, but passing on Josh Allen in hindsight seems really foolish.

1 hour ago, Neo said:

I have always been skeptical about picking Mayfield. I know a lot of people don't feel that way, but I was never really convinced that he was NFL material. He's flashed some since being in the league, but really seems like a one trick pony. I don't know what they saw in Mayfield, but passing on Josh Allen in hindsight seems really foolish.

I totally agree, I didn’t want Mayfield, I was hoping for a trade out of the 1st overall pick. Although Allen’s accuracy was a question mark, he would have been the pick in a trade down 

10 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Baker Mayfield. He looked really bad in the pocket yesterday and his accuracy was all over the map. His good throws were on the run. Obj could have easily gone over 100 yesterday if Mayfield was on the money. You all are blaming Obj but in my view from the outside looking in its Mayfield. 

You make an excellent point. I'm scared to death that Baker is completely ruined. He simply cannot make throws across the middle anymore. They are ALWAYS behind the receiver and Baker can't lead people properly. And WHAT THE EFF is going on with Baker's deep ball? Jesus Christ, Baker can't throw anything past 5 yards. He totally has the arm, but he does NOT have the accuracy. The scary thing is, that's exactly what he was known for, and now it's gone. 

Baker has one more game and then Case cometh. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I have no clue what Kevin Stefanski or Alex Van Pelt are attempting to do with him (Mayfield).... It or whatever they were trying to do on offense.. It looks almost void of any presnap reads.. It looks like what I call "The Dummy Offense" by where the QB has no audible system. (Like Norv Turners).  But despite that.. Mayfield looks scrambled , lost and inaccurate... If I can borrow Butch Davis's beloved phrase.. "He (Mayfield) looked skittish out there"

I got no idea how some 50 folks have voted?.. because in my vote box..it pops up, as no where to actually vote.. 

My vote is... No!

the Giants paid Odel's 16M last season & Teller was the highest graded guard of week 1, (with far less $$ paid)...The picks given are to soon to judge, but i have my eyes on the giants Dexter Lawrence..The 3th given was traded.. I see Delpit as a better Safety choice than Peppers.. tick tock

13 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Browns Received:

Odell Beckham

Oliver Vernon

Giants Received

Kevin Zeitler

Jabrill Peppers

1st Round Pick

3rd Round Pick

(I'm combining the trades)

Take away whatever bias you may have toward me or the fact that I'm asking this question. Just look at the pieces involved and how they're performing now.

Would you undo this trade if you could?

Right now I don't know.  This looked like the missing link to SB54 at the time it was made.

Was OBJ really injured last year?  Will he bounce back to form this year?   He's on the clock every game now.

NOTE: It won't help the defense right now.

11 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Right now I don't know.  This looked like the missing link to SB54 at the time it was made.

Was OBJ really injured last year?  Will he bounce back to form this year?   He's on the clock every game now.

NOTE: It won't help the defense right now.

We needed LB'ers and LBer's in this draft.. But we got the fatass O lineman baby!!

I can't vote for some reason, but HELL YES.

I didn't like it the second I saw it flash across the screen while at Chili's trying to enjoy my lunch.... The Browns owe me a lunch., 

8 hours ago, Nero said:

That's what I felt when the trade was made. We needed a receiver? Yes. But I would have gone for a bigger body and not someone who pretty much has a similar to Landry skillset. You could have paid way less and have a reliable 2 punch duo. 

Landry+OBJ is mortgaging the house on Baker, and it hasn't paid off. 

I was excited about the trade.  I just don’t see a need for both when we will be going 60-40 run pass split zone run with heavy TE involvement.  Your WRs are key blockers here too and I don’t see that as a positive for OBJ. 

13 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

We needed a LT...

I'd trade him for a pair of starting Linebackers about now. 

But I'm not over reacting. 

Week one, brand new coach, new offense, no preseason,  playing last years number one seed at their place. 

I'll let it burn for a few more weeks. 

Don't really get all the Baker hate either. Four head coaches in three years. Four different offenses.  Dude could be one of three players in NFL history to throw for 3500+ yards and 20 TD's (Manning and Luck are the only other two...) in their first three seasons and we are ready to move back into QB purgatory for another 10 seasons. That's a hard pass from me. Rewatch the tape from Derek Anderson to present and let me know who you'd take instead.

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

You make an excellent point. I'm scared to death that Baker is completely ruined. He simply cannot make throws across the middle anymore.  And WHAT THE EFF is going on with Baker's deep ball? Jesus Christ, Baker can't throw anything past 5 yards. 

Out of rhythm. I think he was scared to pile on picks so he didn’t even give OBJ a chance on 2 of those bombs. Maybe it was deliberate.

Maybe he’s telling OBJ “you dropped a 3rd and 2 and it f%#*ed us, go catch these”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hx214 said:

I'd trade him for a pair of starting Linebackers about now. 

But I'm not over reacting. 

Week one, brand new coach, new offense, no preseason,  playing last years number one seed at their place. 

I'll let it burn for a few more weeks. 

Don't really get all the Baker hate either. Four head coaches in three years. Four different offenses.  Dude could be one of three players in NFL history to throw for 3500+ yards and 20 TD's (Manning and Luck are the only other two...) in their first three seasons and we are ready to move back into QB purgatory for another 10 seasons. That's a hard pass from me. Rewatch the tape from Derek Anderson to present and let me know who you'd take instead.

I wonder what the ‘49ers would give us for OBJ. Would solve big issues for both squads. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Maybe he’s telling OBJ “you dropped a 3rd and 2 and it f%#*ed us, go catch these”

LMFAO, funny

5 hours ago, alporcini said:

I wonder what the ‘49ers would give us for OBJ. Would solve big issues for both squads. 

At this point I'd take a 4th and move on. 

I know it is early, but it just is not working with OBJ. It's a horrible fit.