THE BROWNS BOARD

Bungle Week

Vambo

My concern is the Browns D. There was hardly any defender present in the middle of the field vs Balt, a recurring theme from last season.

It's like the LBs just charge towards the LOS on every play. Puts way too much pressure on the secondary if a tackle is broken. 

(cough a hairball) 🐈 Joe Mixon has 3 games of over 100 yard rushing in 6 career Browns match ups.. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MixoJo00/gamelog/?opp_id=cle

Will Joe Mixon leave Cleveland..... over .500? or Under .500? in his career of over 100 yard rushing games verse Da Browns? (that's your poll question)

if over?   Giving up -6.5 points, is giving this home dawg... fitz.. 🤔  what's the over / under set at in this game?

Edit-- could it get any more juicy than this https://www.nfl.com/news/austin-seibert-bengals-claiming-former-browns-kicker-ahead-of-tnf-meeting   🌶️ hot sauce, please! 

On 9/13/2020 at 4:55 PM, Tour2ma said:

• Cinci D? Hard to tell as the Tyrod-led, LAC O looks bad... very bad, but he did just hit a nice out route... and followed it up with a failed 4th and 2 read-option that he kept.
  • Bosa owns Cinci's RT... bodes well for MG having a big game

End of 1st... CIN 7 - LAC 0

Despite Tyrod's winning ugly.. I saw nothing from the Chargers OL, but ya better win this low scoring chitfest 💩.. Both the Chargers starting C & G were out.. The Bung-gals should have, Bull rushed at anybody not wearing the RT B. Bulaga jersey... 

Anywho? The Bengals better see a better OL than what they faced with the LAC

5 hours ago, Bob806 said:

My concern is the Browns D. There was hardly any defender present in the middle of the field vs Balt, a recurring theme from last season.

It's like the LBs just charge towards the LOS on every play. Puts way too much pressure on the secondary if a tackle is broken. 

I didn't have much faith going into the season regarding the defense, and that's before Greedy Williams, Delpit, Mack Wilson, et al got hurt.

It could be ugly this season defensively. 

It's the same rinse, recycle, repeat every year with the Browns. They show up in the first game of the season looking like any random pop warner football team would stomp them into the ground, then we hear "well, it's going to take some time to get used to the new system" because they have a new damn coaching staff every couple of years. When is the circus going to end? I am still beside myself with the Freddie Kitchens hire. No previous experience in college or pros. Hey, I'll fill out an application in the mean time. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Neo said:

It's the same rinse, recycle, repeat every year with the Browns. They show up in the first game of the season looking like any random pop warner football team would stomp them into the ground, then we hear "well, it's going to take some time to get used to the new system" because they have a new damn coaching staff every couple of years. When is the circus going to end? I am still beside myself with the Freddie Kitchens hire. No previous experience in college or pros. Hey, I'll fill out an application in the mean time. 🤷‍♂️

Well allow me to add that Stefanski was interviewed twice for the Browns head coaching job (2019 which he lost out to Freddie and 2020). 

He received exactly zero head coach interviews from the rest of the NFL. 

It would be cool if it turns out to be a "Well look at the Browns unearthing this gem" situation... We'll see. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Neo said:

When is the circus going to end? I am still beside myself with the Freddie Kitchens hire. No previous experience in college or pros. Hey, I'll fill out an application in the mean time. 🤷‍♂️

Do you remember the coaching staff that Belicheck had together before Art shut it down? Sam's? Marty's? That's when we'll stop seeing guys leave here to only get better nfl coaching at other teams..

It's only week 2... with the Bengals & Skins (opps! Skins on a horse with no name) up next... Will the continuing bitch-fest continue? .. stay tuned 🤓

11 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I've had time to digest the atrociousness that was Sunday and I still don't feel better. What we're left with is a "must win" on week 2 against a team that was extremely close to winning. Obviously THEY didn't play the damn Ravens, but they still looked competitive. 

I don't want to think about what will happen if we lose this game. I was convinced we'd lose Ravens game, no surprise there, but I need to see us win Thursday. Browns NATION needs this win. The truly great news is that the Bengals had one of the worst offensive line performances I've ever seen. Burrow could barely snap the ball before being swarmed. Now, we don't have the DL that the Chargers have, and Myles Garrett still has a lot to prove after last game, but we SHOULD give this line fits. Myles Garrett should destroy people Thursday. 

I watched a little of Rams game and know what I saw? I saw Aaron Donald dominate and beat up and offense by himself. When has Garrett done that? Maybe a few times, but if he's living up to that contract, he needs to be knocking heads every drive. I don't think I heard his NAME Sunday. 

The Bengals' defense isn't bad, not at all, but it's not Baltimore. We SHOULD be able to move the damn ball, so we'll see I guess. Carolina had every chance to win the game Sunday and they have NOBODY on their roster besides McCaferry and those guys scored 30 points! We scored 6! I'm just tired of the excuses and want to see us play better. I mean, look at Pittsburgh. What are THEY gonna do to us? 

It all starts Thursday. We win, we've got a season. We lose, and you know the drill. I'd love to see us come out and beat the Bengals down. Just have a game where shit comes together. I refuse to think we're THAT bad, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. 

Did I mention I don't like OBJ? Whatever, that's a conversation for a different day. Go Browns! WOOF! 

Jiggins, I hear you. I think the Browns should win Thursday...they better. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 4:55 PM, Tour2ma said:

Q1:

• So far Burrows has looked like a rookie... errant passes... eyeing the rush... locking onto to well-covered receivers. But last drive hit AJ on a slant... nice... and ran for a TD on a called QB draw so curious to see how he settles in.
  • Mixon looks pretty good early, but being held in check by a still very good LAC D.
  • Cinci D? Hard to tell as the Tyrod-led, LAC O looks bad... very bad, but he did just hit a nice out route... and followed it up with a failed 4th and 2 read-option that he kept.
  • Bosa owns Cinci's RT... bodes well for MG having a big game

End of 1st... CIN 7 - LAC 0

OK Tour, I watched a good deal of the Bengals game and I've got some good news and some bad news. 

Bad news:  Joe Mixon is a beast and he loves playing us. When you look at our linebackers and look at secondary, you're left with one thought, "I really hope I have Joe Mixon in fantasy." Haha. But seriously, Mixon is a problem and we're going to need more from Goodson and Taki. 

Additionally, we've got issues with their WRs. AJ Green looked pretty dang good and they've got PLENTY of other options including Ross and Boyd. Joe Burrow BARELY missed two wide open TD throws that will likely haunt him for the rest of the year. What scares me is the receivers were that open to begin with down the field against a VERY good Chargers secondary. Do you guys remember how open people were against the Ravens? Yeah, me too and it's not good. How many times were our WRs wide open against Baltimore? Not many... 

Lastly, Cincy has an EXCELLENT safety who is seemingly everywhere. I forget his name, but I have a feeling we'll identify him early. 

You guys want some good news? Man, I know I could use some! 

Good news:  Geno Atkins is PROBABLY not playing. He was out Sunday and I can't imagine he's feeling better yet. The Bengals gave up about 160 rushing yards, and not just that, but they gave up that many rushing yards against the Bolts. The Bengals weren't worried about Tyrod beating them through the air, that means that even with putting the majority of their effort into stopping the run, they still couldn't stop it. And the Bolts didn't have ANYONE like OUR backs. 

Perhaps the best news I read, and what I noticed, is that the Bengals' two starting CBs were NOT good, and were some of the worst rated in the league. These match ups are a far cry from the Baltimore players who are among the best you'll see. Our offense is supposed to be designed around the run, play-action passes, and keeping the chains moving. This Bengals game is essentially tailor-made for our offense, it really is. 

Lastly, Myles Garrett. He didn't have the game we all wanted, but Joe Burrow was under durress the ENTIRE 1st half. It got much better in the 2nd half, but I thought he was going to get injured he got hit so much. We should FEAST on their OL. 

We're going to score 27 points, and we're going to win. I'm as angry as anyone about how we showed up, but Bengals picked 1st for a reason. We're better, we win. 

• Upvote 1

Here we are, ready to start the 2020 season, and the battle for bragging rights are here in week 2. No barking in the dawg pound this season.I love the Browns, the long time rivalry for the best of Ohio is a match up in the headlines. 2 Heisman winners, Baker Mayfield, and Joe Burrow. Baker may have the upper hand in aggressiveness, and the want to win. Burrow is scrappy and will make plays on his own to keep the ball moving. Its the Browns home opener, lets put our pro talents on the field and start showing what type of winner this browns team can be. If we lose this game, its going to hurt all of us, and it will look like another season down the drain early.  GO BROWNS

We're going to beat the snot out of them. I don't normally say that, but the rookie is going to be a rookie tomorrow night. First half is close, but Denzel Ward will get a pick 6 in the 2nd half and the route will be on. 

We're better. 

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

We're going to beat the snot out of them. I don't normally say that, but the rookie is going to be a rookie tomorrow night. First half is close, but Denzel Ward will get a pick 6 in the 2nd half and the route will be on. 

We're better. 

They played the Browns tough last season, Browns were somewhat lucky not to get swept. 

And while Burrow is a rookie, the Browns defense at this point isn't going to strike fear into him or anyone else. 

I really hope you are right. 

• Like 1

No better time than now, to dust this topic off ! Maybe a mod, could Merge this to what ever Browns/Bengals topic they'd like?  But Tyler "yack/yak" Boyd.... It's Game Week!! 🤫 

Last Week, Mr*s Boyd, was targeted 5 times, caught 4 balls = 33 yrds... 8.3/catch   0 TD    (Uzumah was targeted more)

AJ Green was targeted 9 times, caught 5 balls = 51 yrds... 10.2/catch 0 TD                                                                                                                                                                                                              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Landry was 5 of 6 = 61yrds.... 12.2/catch  0 TD

OBJ was 3 of 10 = 22 yrds...  7.3/catch  0 TD                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------    moving on to the nitty/gritty

Joe Burrow 23 of 36 = 193yrds... 3 sacks  0 TD.. 1 pick..  66.1 QB rate

Baker Mayfield 21 of 39 = 189 yrds... 2 sacks  1 TD.. 1 pick..  65. QB rate 

It's..... who's Showing Up Time ... 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

They played the Browns tough last season, Browns were somewhat lucky not to get swept. 

And while Burrow is a rookie, the Browns defense at this point isn't going to strike fear into him or anyone else. 

I really hope you are right. 

I don't normally go around saying we're going to stomp ANYONE, but we really do match up well offensively, and regardless of pedigree, Burrow is still a rookie. Additionally, the Bengals are without Geno "The Browns Killer" Atkins and HIS backup, so we're GOING to run the ball. Yes, their FS is very good, but their corners aren't. 

We're not going to be facing the pressure to score like last week. It felt like if we had to punt, they'd score, and for the most part, that's how it was. It won't be that way tomorrow, so if we DO punt, it likely won't be the end of the world. 

I'll tell you what we need to see, and that's Baker Mayfield delivering strikes right off the bat. Remember all this bullshit about Stefanski running an offense that was QB friendly and designed to make reads easier? Yeah, we need to see THAT shit. Against Baltimore, the absolute worst possible thing happened, and that was Baker tossing a pick. On the first damn drive of the year. 

The run will be there, which means the play-action will be there, and Austin Hooper will have 7 catches before half time. OBJ will only have 4 catches, but one of those will be for an epic bomb. We are NOT a terrible team devoid of talent. We're done with that shit and we're proving it tomorrow night. 

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

What the fuck does that even mean?

I don't know but it made me laugh, lol. 

And honestly, what exactly is OBJ good for? When we got him I remember the WORLD freaking out. I can't even remember anything he's done. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I don't know but it made me laugh, lol. 

And honestly, what exactly is OBJ good for? When we got him I remember the WORLD freaking out. I can't even remember anything he's done. 

He's rode the pine and dressed effeminately....

• Haha 2

#Browns

NFL_2020_2021_Browns.png   CB Robert Jackson moved from PS to active 53  

roster moves: signed LB Montrel Meander to the active roster from the practice squad & waived T Alex Taylor from injured reserve with an injury settlement

58 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

roster moves: signed LB Montrel Meander to the active roster from the practice squad & waived T Alex Taylor from injured reserve with an injury settlement

Well one of these damn LBs needs to meander on over there and start making some plays for this defense. It's a start anyway.😁

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well one of these damn LBs needs to meander on over there and start making some plays for this defense. It's a start anyway.😁

I don't get the LB plan on this defense at all AG ... We have none on PS & 2 promising newbies are out including Jacob Phillips, who's knee is still in a walking boot.. We sign Parkey, than bring in 3 more kickers to practice yesterday..

1) Meander... is 6'2" 215lbs. He's listed as our 3rd FS on the depth chart behind Sendejo/Redwine... after seeing the all 22..Sendejo looked his age and slowing at age 33..We might see more of Redwine? Hoping to see more than 2 snaps from Ronnie Harrison too... 

but Imo, my concern for Woods in this match up? The Bengals overall WR/TE length size is Steeler'ish..AJ, Tate, Tee Higgins are all around 6'4" plus.. both their TE's about the same length..🙄

bottom line.. I don't see Meander being brought up and playing as a true LB... but damn we'd better hope he can cover some thin & thick length.. 

Edit-- Thanks to the condensing job to Bungle week here Zombo.. 

15 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Mayfield is reminding me more and more of Johnny Football.

In Mayfield's defense, he's been through 4 head coaches and 3 different offensive systems in 3 years, so that doesn't do him any favours for becoming comfortable in his position. Plus, with the Covy, the Browns in general didn't really have much of an opportunity to get well acquainted with Stephanie's system, so they already started the 2020 season behind the 8 ball. I think Lamar is doing better than Mayfield because he's had much more organizational stability to help support his growth as a QB than Baker has had 

This game is always a favorite match up for me as a Browns fan. This game is  big only because of the Heisman winners of Mayfield, and Burrow. If the Browns lose tonight to this Bengals team, its going to be a long week until next Sunday's game. There wont be enough words to express concerns about this teams efforts to win not only big important games, but every game. If the Browns win, it will be time to exhale and breathe a sign of relief and prep for the next game with a few extra days to study for.

• Upvote 1

Let mixon get is.  If he gets 14 rushes in the first half, I'll feel good about things.  Let him 'have success' and run the ball for 65 yards on 14 carries...we'll take that all day.  The more they are handing the ball off to him in neutral game situations the better.  

Prevent Burrow from making big running plays(he can be deadly as we've already seen with the sneak)

Force burrow into turnovers

Use the short passing game to set up the deep throw.  Go up tempo a little with the passing game.

Heavy heavy pass/run balance on 1st and 2nd down.  

We do all this in the first half, and we'll easily be in control of the game by halftime.

Let mixon get is.  If he gets 14 rushes in the first half, I'll feel good about things.  Let him 'have success' and run the ball for 65 yards on 14 carries...we'll take that all day.  The more they are handing the ball off to him in neutral game situations the better.  

Prevent Burrow from making big running plays(he can be deadly as we've already seen with the sneak)

Force burrow into turnovers

Use the short passing game to set up the deep throw.  Go up tempo a little with the passing game.

Heavy heavy pass/run balance on 1st and 2nd down.  

We do all this in the first half, and we'll easily be in control of the game by halftime.