THE BROWNS BOARD

Bungle Week

Vambo

Bengals receiver calls out Baker Mayfield, Odell Beckham Jr.

https://clutchpoints.com/bengals-news-cincinnati-receiver-calls-out-baker-mayfield-odell-beckham-jr/

The Cincinnati Bengals have their new franchise quarterback in Joe Burrow, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft. With that comes a lot of excitement about the team. Excitement that hasn’t really been there for the past few years. They aren’t the only standout quarterback-wide receiver duo in Ohio, though.

NFL Network took to Twitter to ask who people would chose in 2020. The Cleveland Browns duo of quarterback Baker Mayfield and wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr., or the Bengals duo of Burrow and receiver Tyler Boyd.

20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well, he said  "Shits not even close".    And he IS right.    This guy is like 3rd or 4th WR on his team, no?    OBJ is our #1 guy.   And Burrow hasn't even played a down yet.  

So, yes, shits not even close.  Browns duo by a landslide. 

Boyd? Boyd? Not even Green? 

Mrs. Boyd has zero starts, in 7 games vs the browns..Mrs. Boy-d has 28 catches on 34 targets mounting to 302 yards & 2 touchdowns in such 7 games... 

In Baker's 2 seasons..Bake has no reason to respond to Mrs. Boy*-d's tweet.. 🧔"so I won't"

• Like 2

Well if that's not being a true fan of high hopes, then I don't know what else it can be. As of now, the Browns QB/ WR duo will always have a better rating than the Bengals ROOKIE QB who hasn't put his uniform on yet. And UNTIL the Bengals QB/WR duo has a better rating, then this is not a matter of concern. Who knows, the Browns might be the one to shorten Joe Burrow's rookie season with a  injury by getting sacked .

28 minutes ago, BrownsfaninPa said:

Well if that's not being a true fan of high hopes, then I don't know what else it can be. As of now, the Browns QB/ WR duo will always have a better rating than the Bengals ROOKIE QB who hasn't put his uniform on yet. And UNTIL the Bengals QB/WR duo has a better rating, then this is not a matter of concern. Who knows, the Browns might be the one to shorten Joe Burrow's rookie season with a  injury by getting sacked .

I don't wish injuries on anyone except Ben Raplesbooger..

• 4 months later...

Q1:

• So far Burrows has looked like a rookie... errant passes... eyeing the rush... locking onto to well-covered receivers. But last drive hit AJ on a slant... nice... and ran for a TD on a called QB draw so curious to see how he settles in.
  • Mixon looks pretty good early, but being held in check by a still very good LAC D.
  • Cinci D? Hard to tell as the Tyrod-led, LAC O looks bad... very bad, but he did just hit a nice out route... and followed it up with a failed 4th and 2 read-option that he kept.
  • Bosa owns Cinci's RT... bodes well for MG having a big game

End of 1st... CIN 7 - LAC 0

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gorka said:

This game with the bengals doesn't feel right. Seems to me we have a history of losing to either rookie or back up QB's.

Last year I believe one loss was to the QB in Denver, then we lose to a guy named Duck in Pitt.

Yeah, I know, but we're winning this one. I'm not saying it'll be pretty, but we're winning this one. 

• Upvote 1

WEEK 2 *  in the AFCN CLE -6.5 OVER CIN and BAL -6.5 at HOU, PIT  a -6.5 favorite vs DEN the NFL injury report to follow.

Is this last second choke by the Cincinnati Bengals kicker on their new super stud rookie quarterback's debut one of the top 5 worst EVER ?  Well no actually there were more according to Bengal fans who know all about such things -but- it does set up the Thursday night game in Cleveland up as a classic matchup.......well maybe a better matchup with the loser having TWO conference losses to start the 2020 season.

According to our friends at vegasinsider.com the browns opened up an 8.5 point favorite and now is a 6 point favorite and 45 point O/U right now.

Oh the biggest Bengal chokes of all time check it out for yourself.  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/255629-the-five-most-gut-punching-cincinnati-bengals-losses-of-all-time

And the AFCN games BAL -6.5 at HOU and PIT a -6.5 favorite at home vs DEN. 

SO there you go.......   https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=832

Screenshot_2020-09-14_101100.jpg

• Upvote 1

I like week 2 bounce back games for good teams.

i think Houston is intriguing extra couple days of prep they may show up and cover as a TD underdog. 

Watching Colts too.  If it falls below -3.  

I like the over Browns Bengals.  I think we score I see a couple big plays maybe a strip sack TD but I’m not sure that we cover but I can see the Bengals opening it up a little and scoring toward the end.  Back door cover type game 27-24.  

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I like week 2 bounce back games for good teams.

i think Houston is intriguing extra couple days of prep they may show up and cover as a TD underdog. 

Watching Colts too.  If it falls below -3.  

I like the over Browns Bengals.  I think we score I see a couple big plays maybe a strip sack TD but I’m not sure that we cover but I can see the Bengals opening it up a little and scoring toward the end.  Back door cover type game 27-24.  

Houston has nothing but an overblown QB, I find it hard to believe they will cover 

As for the rest of the game... had a little focus issue as I puttered around with the game on in the background...  on the mix channel to boot. The game was simply too bad to focus on.

That said FWIW...

Burrows had a very up and down game... typical rookie stuff. A lot of it was due to his OL getting owned all game long... but at the end he put together a really nice drive. Now in part this was due to LAC protecting its 3-point lead with maybe a touch of fatigue in their DL. In any case Joe had time and picked the D apart and actually threw the game winning TD to AJ with 7 seconds left on the clock. However...

AJ was called for pushing off at the top of the route before coming back to the right-front pylon. Great throw met fully extended AJ-hands with toes dragging on the ground. IMO the push was minor... I did not see extended arm... wing maybe, but not arm.

With the penalty negating the TD Cinci went immediately for the tie via a 31-yd FG... which was missed badly. Cinci's kicker grabbed his calf in pain... might even have been hurt... ;)

Bottom line... we should beat these guys... their OL is porous... their D gives up plays (I thought they'd be better).

On the other hand I saw highlights of what WSH did to PHI... especially the way their DL beat up Wentz... so I'm a little less optimistic than I was about Game 3. But at least we have a long week to prep for their visit to CLE.

30 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

As for the rest of the game... had a little focus issue as I puttered around with the game on in the background...  on the mix channel to boot. The game was simply too bad to focus on.

That said FWIW...

Burrows had a very up and down game... typical rookie stuff. A lot of it was due to his OL getting owned all game long... but at the end he put together a really nice drive. Now in part this was due to LAC protecting its 3-point lead with maybe a touch of fatigue in their DL. In any case Joe had time and picked the D apart and actually threw the game winning TD to AJ with 7 seconds left on the clock. However...

AJ was called for pushing off at the top of the route before coming back to the right-front pylon. Great throw met fully extended AJ-hands with toes dragging on the ground. IMO the push was minor... I did not see extended arm... wing maybe, but not arm.

With the penalty negating the TD Cinci went immediately for the tie via a 31-yd FG... which was missed badly. Cinci's kicker grabbed his calf in pain... might even have been hurt... ;)

Bottom line... we should beat these guys... their OL is porous... their D gives up plays (I thought they'd be better).

On the other hand I saw highlights of what WSH did to PHI... especially the way their DL beat up Wentz... so I'm a little less optimistic than I was about Game 3. But at least we have a long week to prep for their visit to CLE.

adding chase to their D did not hurt one bit I believe as a team they had 8 sacks

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

That said FWIW...

Regarding the bold I disagree... saw the last 10 minutes of the game at a bar. Green clearly  pushed off to get separation.... Yeah, most times that doesn't get called in the last two minutes. But MHO- it was the right call.... And did a little victory jig when their kicker shanked the tying FG with no time left.... 

Tuesday NOON injury report:

CINCINNATI BENGALS

Player Pos Date Injury Status Expected Return

Geno Atkins DT September 13, 2020 shoulder Out  

LeShaun Sims CB September 13, 2020 not injury related Doubtful  

Shawn Williams S September 13, 2020 calf Out  

CLEVELAND BROWNS

Player Pos Date Injury Status Expected Return

Chris Hubbard T September 13, 2020 ankle Out  

Kevin Johnson CB September 13, 2020 liver Out  

David Njoku TE September 14, 2020 knee IR October 11, 2020

Comments: Njoku (knee) was placed on injured reserve Monday and will miss at least three weeks.

M.J. Stewart CB September 13, 2020 hamstring Questionable  

JC Tretter C September 13, 2020 knee Questionable  

Greedy Williams CB September 13, 2020 shoulder Out  

Mack Wilson LB September 13, 2020 knee Out  

I've had time to digest the atrociousness that was Sunday and I still don't feel better. What we're left with is a "must win" on week 2 against a team that was extremely close to winning. Obviously THEY didn't play the damn Ravens, but they still looked competitive. 

I don't want to think about what will happen if we lose this game. I was convinced we'd lose Ravens game, no surprise there, but I need to see us win Thursday. Browns NATION needs this win. The truly great news is that the Bengals had one of the worst offensive line performances I've ever seen. Burrow could barely snap the ball before being swarmed. Now, we don't have the DL that the Chargers have, and Myles Garrett still has a lot to prove after last game, but we SHOULD give this line fits. Myles Garrett should destroy people Thursday. 

I watched a little of Rams game and know what I saw? I saw Aaron Donald dominate and beat up and offense by himself. When has Garrett done that? Maybe a few times, but if he's living up to that contract, he needs to be knocking heads every drive. I don't think I heard his NAME Sunday. 

The Bengals' defense isn't bad, not at all, but it's not Baltimore. We SHOULD be able to move the damn ball, so we'll see I guess. Carolina had every chance to win the game Sunday and they have NOBODY on their roster besides McCaferry and those guys scored 30 points! We scored 6! I'm just tired of the excuses and want to see us play better. I mean, look at Pittsburgh. What are THEY gonna do to us? 

It all starts Thursday. We win, we've got a season. We lose, and you know the drill. I'd love to see us come out and beat the Bengals down. Just have a game where shit comes together. I refuse to think we're THAT bad, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. 

Did I mention I don't like OBJ? Whatever, that's a conversation for a different day. Go Browns! WOOF! 

• Upvote 1