THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Gameday Thread Browns at Ravens

tinythinker

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I'd really hate to have to go QB shopping again..

I can't comprehend it. I won't even let myself consider it. Please football gods...please let Baker be the one. 

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

We can't turn the ball over and win against a good team like the Ravens.

True, but there are turnovers and then there are "bad turnovers". Both Baker's INT and Chubb's fumble were very good Defense and thus the former... sometimes ya just gotta tip your hat and move on.

Baker's INT plus a couple of other passes he had tip/batted down are the most troubling. Clearly the Ravens plan was to sit in passing lanes against our less than tall QB. Other teams teams are going to do the same. Stef simply has to move the pocket more than he did today... and that should not be hard since he did not move it at all today.

2 hours ago, Gorka said:

What we saw was what we see with every coach. It ain't the coach, and it ain't Jimmy. What I believe it is isn't going to be popular with the natives.

2 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Baker isnt it...easy to see..

I thought Groka was going for "We need more white players."

• Haha 1

Gardner Minshew Won today

Dwayne Haskins Won today

Mitchell Trubisky Won today

Tomorrow you will spend 10 minutes making 20 excuses to your co workers as to why Baker Mayfield lost by 32 pts today. And so will I. 

Going to go over what I can, when I can, and try to understand what I saw in real time today.

First things up - that pick on the ball intended for Hodge.  It was a bait by the Ravens, all day without a doubt in my mind.   They know Baker loves that slant to the weakside. We've thrown it so much the last 2 years it's become painfully predictable, which is why I was screaming for a double move.   To the point that, despite having much more room to operate to the field side and working against what looks like cover 3 ...  Bake-show never even considered NOT going that way.   

Landry was wide open on the slot out and may have picked up the first with a couple YAC.    Jimmy Smith was in bail with his eyes on ODB running a slant.  Either way, telegraphing your throws and being invited to pass where the Ravens have crafted up their scheme was a recipe for disaster.  Balt defensive coaching staff whooped our QB's ass on that play.  I can't even begin to imagine what more I'll see in the next day or two.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

First things up - that pick on the ball intended for Hodge.  It was a bait by the Ravens, all day without a doubt in my mind.

Oh yeah, no doubt. That's the one where the defensive lineman, Campbell, deflected it right? He dropped back into coverage and touched it? Speaking of him, he got his hands on 3 passes, at least. 

4 hours ago, Orion said:

Just chekin' in.

I saw OBJ kill a drive by dropping an easy pass.

I saw an illegal forward pass (the attempted lateral) early in the game by Jackson that wasn't called and wasn't challenged.

I saw mistakes by Hodge.  

I saw Baker miss some guys.

I saw Kendall Lamm playing LT.

I saw our D get Whopped.

I saw our kicker cost us 4 points.

I saw our crazy punter get tackled short of a first down in our own territory.

I saw pretty much what I feared.  Hopefully we can do better against Cincy.

maybe obj was thinking of poo

33 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Of course, bring race into the discussion. Who else but a white guilt liberal.

You subbing for Dutch? What we need is more white guilt liberals.

What this country could use is Trumpflakes like you to take your orange god's advice and guzzle bleach.