THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Gameday Thread Browns at Ravens

tinythinker

10 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Pretty difficult watching a rival quarterback turning into a superstar while your number one pick is failing to progress, especially when your dude has clearly better talent. Only silver lining today here Is that outside the chiefs this was the toughest week one draw in the NFL.

What?

8 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

We look really bad. Almost unready to play. It is what it is. I think we will look better as the year goes on 

I was pretty sure of a blowout... 4th and 41? Special...  

Can we keep them under 50?   I agree with others, that was a very unfair draw 1st week of the season. The bright side? 16 team are going to be 0-1 after Monday night.. 

21 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Pretty difficult watching a rival quarterback turning into a superstar while your number one pick is failing to progress, especially when your dude has clearly better talent. Only silver lining today here Is that outside the chiefs this was the toughest week one draw in the NFL.

It's really frustrating, man. I just don't understand how an organization can suck so bad for so long without showing any signs of improvement over decades. It just boggles the mind.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

It's really frustrating, man. I just don't understand how an organization can suck so bad for so long without showing any signs of improvement over decades. It just boggles the mind.

Some people value consistency. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

The owner should be in jail. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I was pretty sure of a blowout... 4th and 41? Special...  

Can we keep them under 50?   I agree with others, that was a very unfair draw 1st week of the season. The bright side? 16 team are going to be 0-1 after Monday night.. 

How many will be 0-2 After week 2?  The Browns will be there for sure

9 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

What was so difficult to understand amigo? Watching jackson be a superstar while baker takes 4th down sacks with good protection, throw a ball high to an open man on 3rd, and throw bad footballs is tough to watch. You want to explain it you like a 3rd grader? 

You said this asshole: "especially when your dude has clearly better talent."

7 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Wasn't expecting a win this week but no bright spots except Njoku and Hunt today. Special teams is a disaster, Linebackers and secondary exposed, OBJ will be traded and Baker hasn't shown much progress.

Remember, this is a new coaching staff with a fucked up off-season...

That's all I have in my Silver Linings playbook. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

This truncated offseason was going to hit us harder but loss of our linebackers and players in the secondary will kill this season. Having said that, I'm also watching the Panthers game, rookie College coach and mainly college staff but look like a professional football team.

5 minutes ago, FALCON7 said:

You said this asshole: "especially when your dude has clearly better talent."

Baker has the 2nd leading rusher, a back up RB they paid 13 million dollars, a five time pro bowl WR who set the record for most receptions through 5 years, the highest paid TE in the league, and a WR most consider top 10 in the nfl. Three of our offensive lineman and pro bowlers, and our tackle is a top 10 pick. Not to mention, Baker was numero uno drafted. 

None of that is true for ravens on offense and we just got embarrassed. Willie Snead will have more yards than OBJ today. Should I instead explain that like a 2nd grader to you?

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

From a record-setting/keeping perspective, the Browns have extended their lead for consecutive seasons w/o a season opening win...

But yeah, there is a lot for the coaches to unpack and review after today. A bad opener isn't a surprise, but, I'm interested in how the new staff are going to respond.

1 minute ago, tinythinker said:

From a record-setting/keeping perspective, the Browns have extended their lead for consecutive seasons w/o a season opening win...

But yeah, there is a lot for the coaches to unpack and review after today. A bad opener isn't a surprise, but, I'm interested in how the new staff are going to respond.

If the Browns lose Thursday night vs Cincinnati, it will get interesting. 

33 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Njoku best game as a Pro.

Hunt looks like he has a better Burst

Oline looks a little better 

heh heh heh....wooooooo....heh heh heh.....lt sucks dick...baker was the wrong choice for qb.....again......ol sucks.....fucking defense looks like little marsmellow shitpies...they could'nt tackle my 90 yr old mother....you want to see a hit.....ask your kareem hunt how he even got up after that jarring bone tackle by the ravens db....oh and good ole beeeeekham....what a dickwad....hahahahahahaaaaaa

10 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Baker has the 2nd leading rusher, a back up RB they paid 13 million dollars, a five time pro bowl WR who set the record for most receptions through 5 years, the highest paid TE in the league, and a WR most consider top 10 in the nfl. Three of our offensive lineman and pro bowlers, and our tackle is a top 10 pick. Not to mention, Baker was numero uno drafted. 

None of that is true for ravens on offense and we just got embarrassed. Willie Snead will have more yards than OBJ today. Should I instead explain that like a 2nd grader to you?

I think the interpretation is saying Baker is more talented than Lamar. I read it that way as well.  Probably should’ve said, more talent around him.