THE BROWNS BOARD

Protest Thread

Zombo

On 9/10/2020 at 9:00 AM, Zombo said:

You all probably know that I hate politics on a Football Board, but I think this year, this thread is a "Necessary Evil" for people to discuss, and vent, about player protests and the NFL's response to social issues.

Also, it is a convenient way to keep all of that talk in one thread. If any mods see politics/protest threads outside of this thread, merge it or delete it. 

And as always, if this is a big issue for you, you are encouraged to visit our Political Forum where you can discuss freely and openly any issues you want to.

This forum is about football. But if these issues change how you feel about football, let's hear it.

My particular question to BB members is ... Will any player protests, or NFL support thereof, compel you to no longer watch and follow the Browns and /or NFL? 

I'll go first ... No. I'm all in.

Super Bowl.

Zombo

See what happens Z? Send the cesspool infection back over there and leave it.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The route I will take is that I will advise and consult you when I get paid. What about that did you not understand?

What don't you understand?  I'll say it again, you can hide behind "getting paid"  or make your case. I don't care which route you take.

I turned the game on when I knew it had already started and I could avoid all the other stuff. I have been doing the same with soccer over here. Any player that wants to do whatever they want to do is perfectly fine by me, nobody should be able to tell someone what they can and cant do (legally)

I hate the current sports coverage we are all getting and fully believe sport should be a release from everyday life, it becoming political is a terrible thing. 

• Upvote 1

I'm all in. As maddening as the browns are I throughly enjoy watching football.  I'm not going to punish myself and take something out of my life that i enjoy (especially when everything is so limited with covid) because someone has a certain viewpoint on something.  Everyone is entitled their opinions and rights. To me it would be crazy to punish myself and take something out of my life I enjoy because someone has an opinion. 

On 9/10/2020 at 11:27 PM, jiggins7919 said:

My biggest problem is having the stances shoved down my throat. The unity pledge at the beginning, the black national anthem, the countless commercials, and whatever else. It's overkill and it doesn't do anything to stop racism. Heck, I can argue it actually does the freaking opposite. I absolutely detest BLM. They cause nothing but trouble in my town, they harass people on the sidewalk, they shut down traffic, and then they get upset when they get run over by car because they "have the right to protest in the streets and stop the flow of traffic". 

I hate racism, in all forms. But I'm also beyond furious that my hometown had to put up with "protesters" after 3 cops were cleared of shooting a black man who just murdered someone, said he was going to kill some cops, and pulled a gun on the police as they tried to apprehend him. This piece of shit got shot and we have to put up with broken windows, curfews, and whatever else. Wtf does this have to do with racism? Nothing. 

I feel like the world has gone crazy. We celebrate the life of a man wanted for sexual assault, who had other violent arrests, who had a knife and fought with police, and people donated $2.2 million to him. Do I feel like he deserves to be shot 7 times? No, absolutely not, but what choice did he give the cops? 

I know I'm rambling, but I'm just tired of it all. 

Sorry that certain people trying to have a voice, being treated as equals, and talking about real issues that upsets you, or caused you a delay in getting your Big Macs and MCcafe.

It's a good message and happy the league is on board, social injustice is a issue we all need to deal with, even if some people want to bury their heads in sand and ignore the problem because it make's them uncomfortable or is an inconvenient. I specially liked how the Chiefs did it after the anthem so there was NO debate over frivolous stuff . Exactly how big of complete piece of shit do you have to be, to boo an act of unity for humanity and peace, is beyond me?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

It's a good message and happy the league is on board, social injustice is a issue we all need to deal with, even if some people want to bury their heads in sand and ignore the problem because it make's them uncomfortable or is an inconvenient. I specially liked how the Chiefs did it after the anthem so there was NO debate over frivolous stuff . Exactly how big of complete piece of shit do you have to be, to boo an act of unity for humanity and peace, is beyond me?

That's not why they booed. 

No less a patriot than Thomas Jefferson said "a little rebellion now and then is a good thing" for America. In my opinion Americans do more self-reflecting than any other nation on earth, and a hell of a lot of good has occurred because of it. So I am all for it.

And to the people who think it should stay out of football and sports, we all know that the issue is more important than sports. Until we right what is obviously a terrible wrong, no venue should be safe from reminding us of this serious problem.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/10/2020 at 10:00 AM, Zombo said:

You all probably know that I hate politics on a Football Board, but I think this year, this thread is a "Necessary Evil" for people to discuss, and vent, about player protests and the NFL's response to social issues.

Also, it is a convenient way to keep all of that talk in one thread. If any mods see politics/protest threads outside of this thread, merge it or delete it. 

And as always, if this is a big issue for you, you are encouraged to visit our Political Forum where you can discuss freely and openly any issues you want to.

This forum is about football. But if these issues change how you feel about football, let's hear it.

My particular question to BB members is ... Will any player protests, or NFL support thereof, compel you to no longer watch and follow the Browns and /or NFL? 

I'll go first ... No. I'm all in.

Super Bowl.

Zombo

this is a much more interesting thread than discussing the browns because they suck and they always will until there is new owner.....oh and baker mayfield....guess he could be a janitor at the stadium...that's about all he is worth.....or maybe a statefarm insurance door to door salesman...pfffffhat....

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Was your strategy "hey, the more it's posted maybe itll actually be funny"...?

I know, I know, Steve.  It's not meant to be funny.

Maybe I'm missing the point. What's your strategy; to tell me that somebody else had already posted this and that I missed it? That certainly could be the case, I just saw it. Please accept my sincere apology for the transgression and for the pain it's caused you.

💔🥵

WSS

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Kind of like watching in the twilight zone with the carboard fans, the fake noise.   Didn't enjoy it at all.

Really?... I almost couldn't tell the difference...