THE BROWNS BOARD

Protest Thread

Zombo

What's the big deal? I usually don't put the game on until all the pregame crap is done and the ball is already kicked off.  That is why DVR's are so great because I can fast forward to the action and skip the commercials. It not like they are stopping in between plays and doing it. As long as it doesn't hold up the game, I DON'T CARE.

58 minutes ago, Gorka said:

That's right actors, musicians, comedians, academia, political bias in the media...isn't that enough?

They gotta contaminate football with this lefty shit too?

Ah .. "The Left".

I own my own business, I pay my share of taxes, I obey the law (mostly), I'm educated, I went to Catholic school, I go to church, I've only owned American cars, My Dad was a WWII Vet, my uncle died on D-Day, I like baseball, hot dogs and apple pie ... and I'm voting for Joe Biden. And protests don't ruffle my feathers, they are part of the American Process ... am I a "leftist"?

Zombo

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Ah .. "The Left".

I own my own business, I pay my share of taxes, I obey the law (mostly), I'm educated, I went to Catholic school, I go to church, I've only owned American cars, My Dad was a WWII Vet, my uncle died on D-Day, I like baseball, hot dogs and apple pie ... and I'm voting for Joe Biden. And protests don't ruffle my feathers, they are part of the American Process ... am I a "leftist"?

Zombo

Nah, I dig it Zombo. I think the main frustration for many is how it's constantly shoved down throats and you can't get away from it. 

• Upvote 1

I'm more concerned about the Browns going into the season unprepared with a new system.

I have zero respect for Colin Kaepernick or the BLM movement. 

I probably wouldn't do it because it's my team but I really have no problem with the fans booing the protest.

I think wearing the name of a child molester on your helmet is probably not a positive message.

I still love Barbra Streisand.

WSS

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Zombo said:

Ah .. "The Left".

Zombo

Post of the thread! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm more concerned about the Browns going into the season unprepared with a new system.

I have zero respect for Colin Kaepernick or the BLM movement. 

I probably wouldn't do it because it's my team but I really have no problem with the fans booing the protest.

I think wearing the name of a child molester on your helmet is probably not a positive message.

I still love Barbra Streisand.

WSS

Who is the child molester?

As a not terribly politically motivated person  l must admit l’m browbeaten to death by the politicization of everything these days. Politics to me is like country music. It’s tolerable, but not exactly something l get excited about listening to or talking about.

If you were a big country music fan and wanted to ramble on about your love of it, favorite songs, favorite artists, who played pedal steel guitar on what album, etc, l would listen, maybe ask a question or 2, maybe learn a thing or 2, and maybe even appreciate the exchange, but eventually l would tire of it and get the hell away from you.

Hank Williams Jr did the Monday Night Football theme song. That was fine. A tolerable amount of country music. Players kneeling during the anthem. That’s fine, an acceptable amount of politically motivated exposure. The guy who is pissed about the kneeling. That’s fine, an acceptable amount of politically motivated exposure.

But the 15 guys after him who are pissed about the kneeling, and the 15 guys after them who are pissed at those guys for being pissed about the kneeling, l’m well beyond overload at that point. I’ve gotten the gist of everybody’s opinion, l’m not getting any new or useful information, and l’m ready to move on and try to be a better human being.

12 hours ago, Zombo said:

Ah .. "The Left".

Zombo

My, my aren't we getting defensive there great American!  Did I say you were a leftist?  I didn't even imply it.

Going forward so as not to offend, I'll just disguise what is actually taking place using "politics" like everyone else.

Amid the infestation of um "politics" in the Arts, Hollywood, etc...is it too fucking much to ask to be able watch a goddamned football game on a Sunday afternoon without that shit?

Can you answer that with a yes or no?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gorka said:

My, my aren't we getting defensive there great American!  Did I say you were a leftist?  I didn't even imply it.

Going forward so as not to offend, I'll just disguise what is actually taking place using "politics" like everyone else.

Amid the infestation of um "politics" in the Arts, Hollywood, etc...is it too fucking much to ask to be able watch a goddamned football game on a Sunday afternoon without that shit?

Can you answer that with a yes or no?

Well, you were responding to my post,  so that is why you got my response.

And no, I don't mind if someone makes a social stance before a football game. It doesn't change my day.

Z

56 minutes ago, 5150k9 said:

Not sure who he is referring to as a child molester, but honoring a Rapist, Yes!

5E3C792E-BB94-4D3C-9AB4-89B0E112E1B5.jpeg

So if I have an encounter with law enforcement and I disobey direct orders, evade, fight and finally go for my weapon, I will get my name on a players helmet?

KOOL!! What a great country we live in!

• Upvote 2

On 9/10/2020 at 9:00 AM, Zombo said:

I'll go first ... No. I'm all in.

Ditto...

17 hours ago, Gorka said:

KC fans booed as the two teams were holding hands. They looked so precious standing there.

Poor JJ Watt  just couldn't understand it!!

“All we were doing,” he said, “is a message of unity.”

"Unity" towards what JJ?   By all means any of you social justice warriors please feel free to chime in.

First.... they locked arms, you moron.

Second if you have to ask, I'm sure JJ would be happy to explain it to you.

• Upvote 2

and for those with short memories, I'll leave you with this awesome display of hypocrisy from the NFL as we all get to look at the SJW decorations all over the players' uniforms this season......

"Running back DeAngelo Williams had his request to wear pink in recognition of his mother’s battle with breast cancer rejected by the NFL earlier this year and Aditi Kinkhabwala of NFL Media reports that he has now been fined $5,787 by the league for wearing “we will find a cure” and a pink breast cancer awareness ribbon on his eye black this month."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/28/deangelo-williams-fined-for-breast-cancer-message-on-eye-black/#:~:text=Running back DeAngelo Williams had,a pink breast cancer awareness

^ Read that shit again. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gorka said:

I'd much rather you elaborate a little than play your juvenile "uh huh", "nuh uh" game.

What is it about he’s not correct that you don’t understand? And by the way you were the one that started the game. Besides that no what I said in the earlier post, the first post I made on this if you want me to consult regarding politics I must be paid it is my profession and I’m not gonna do it for free

Just now, The Gipper said:

Who is Jacob Blake?Who is Jacob Blake?

The dude that resisted arrest and went for a knife and was shot by law enforcement officers.... Latest soup du jour.  

4 minutes ago, D Bone said:

The dude that resisted arrest and went for a knife and was shot by law enforcement officers.... Latest soup du jour.  

Is that the guy from Kenosha? I don’t know why that name didn’t sound familiar there. And where is it alleged  and he was a rapist? I guess that is the Kenosha guy I don’t know why I just didn’t recognize the name.

52 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Is that the guy from Kenosha? I don’t know why that name didn’t sound familiar there. And where is it alleged  and he was a rapist? I guess that is the Kenosha guy I don’t know why I just didn’t recognize the name.

Yes, the Kenosha perp. According to USA Today: "Blake has a charge pending for sexual assault, but it involves an adult woman, not a child."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/09/03/fact-check-jacob-blake-sex-assault-charge-tied-woman-not-child/5700351002/

^ I myself have not said a word about his prior convictions or pending charges, as I'm sure he's a swell guy, I only commented on what he did the moments before he got himself shot by law enforcement. 

Just know he's a hero in the eyes of the NFL and its players...... You can just feel the pride oozing from Drew's face. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

As a not terribly politically motivated person  l must admit l’m browbeaten to death by the politicization of everything these days. Politics to me is like country music. It’s tolerable, but not exactly something l get excited about listening to or talking about.

If you were a big country music fan and wanted to ramble on about your love of it, favorite songs, favorite artists, who played pedal steel guitar on what album, etc, l would listen, maybe ask a question or 2, maybe learn a thing or 2, and maybe even appreciate the exchange, but eventually l would tire of it and get the hell away from you.

Hank Williams Jr did the Monday Night Football theme song. That was fine. A tolerable amount of country music. Players kneeling during the anthem. That’s fine, an acceptable amount of politically motivated exposure. The guy who is pissed about the kneeling. That’s fine, an acceptable amount of politically motivated exposure.

But the 15 guys after him who are pissed about the kneeling, and the 15 guys after them who are pissed at those guys for being pissed about the kneeling, l’m well beyond overload at that point. I’ve gotten the gist of everybody’s opinion, l’m not getting any new or useful information, and l’m ready to move on and try to be a better human being.

LOL. But seriously, that's a great post. LOL

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

and for those with short memories, I'll leave you with this awesome display of hypocrisy from the NFL as we all get to look at the SJW decorations all over the players' uniforms this season......

"Running back DeAngelo Williams had his request to wear pink in recognition of his mother’s battle with breast cancer rejected by the NFL earlier this year and Aditi Kinkhabwala of NFL Media reports that he has now been fined $5,787 by the league for wearing “we will find a cure” and a pink breast cancer awareness ribbon on his eye black this month."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/28/deangelo-williams-fined-for-breast-cancer-message-on-eye-black/#:~:text=Running back DeAngelo Williams had,a pink breast cancer awareness

^ Read that shit again. 

sickening hypocrisy indeed. Not enough players with breast cancer in their families to make the NFL go along with it.

Where was the "kneeling" for that cause?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Ditto...

First.... they locked arms, you moron.

Second if you have to ask, I'm sure JJ would be happy to explain it to you.

Lol, musta touched a nerve.

Ah yes, locked arms. Can't be holding hands, might spread COVID! Still looked cute though.

I don't know JJ to ask him, so why don't you ask him and let me know. The truth is aint neither of you schmucks can explain it.

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

What is it about he’s not correct that you don’t understand? 

I understood him, and I believe him to be correct.

And by the way you were the one that started the game. Besides that no what I said in the earlier post, the first post I made on this if you want me to consult regarding politics I must be paid it is my profession and I’m not gonna do it for free

Uh no you did. You responded to him saying that he was "off base" on many of his takes.

I replied to you "no he really isn't".

Now it's up to you to make your case or hide behind "I must be paid for my bs".  I really don't care which route you take.