THE BROWNS BOARD

Kareem Hunt Contract Extension

TypicalBrowns50

I was screaming to get this done before the season and I'm a little shocked that it happened. I don't fully think people understand just who Kareem Hunt is when it comes to football. Yes, he's made some rather large mistakes in his life, no arguing that, but he's also the guy that set the league on fire as a damn rookie. We're basically getting the rest of his prime while still having Nick Chubb. That's just STUPID. Don't be surprised to see Hunt lined up as the 3rd WR on the few occasions we run a 3 WR formation. 

Hunt was absolutely destroying people in training camp (per Browns Daily) and loves the wide zone scheme. I really hope we can keep the score close this weekend. If we do, we'll have the opportunity to really run the rock in the 4th quarter and put some heavy pressure on the defense. 

• Upvote 1

Y'all beat me to it.....

Source: Cleveland Browns give RB Kareem Hunt 2-year, $13M extension

The Cleveland Browns have signed running back Kareem Hunt to a two-year extension.

Terms were not disclosed but the extension is worth $13.25 million, including $8.5 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN. In March, Hunt signed a second-round tender to stay in Cleveland. He will now be under contract with the Browns for the next three seasons....... continued....... and let us not forget......

........Playing behind starter Nick Chubb, Hunt rushed for 179 yards, caught 37 passes and scored three touchdowns last season after serving an eight-game suspension for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy after video from February 2018 surfaced of him kicking a woman in downtown Cleveland. New general manager Andrew Berry's predecessor, John Dorsey, signed him to the Browns last February after he had been released by the Kansas City Chiefs.

Adam The Bull was skeptical about it in his show today.....like they won't see the need to give Chubb the money that he may want.   But I don't think it's a ton of money and I don't think they would use it as leverage against Chubb.

From all accounts, Hunt is an excellent team mate.  A team guy.  We shall see as time goes on....but I like the fact that we have the two of them.

14 minutes ago, Orion said:

Adam The Bull was skeptical about it in his show today.....like they won't see the need to give Chubb the money that he may want.   But I don't think it's a ton of money and I don't think they would use it as leverage against Chubb.

From all accounts, Hunt is an excellent team mate.  A team guy.  We shall see as time goes on....but I like the fact that we have the two of them.

We took a chance on KC basically kicking out a big talent player because of bad behavior and gave him a shot on the BROWNS.

Hopefully it pays off.....big time !

GO BROWNS, loaded up on offense....baby !

9 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I was screaming to get this done before the season and I'm a little shocked that it happened. I don't fully think people understand just who Kareem Hunt is when it comes to football. Yes, he's made some rather large mistakes in his life, no arguing that, but he's also the guy that set the league on fire as a damn rookie. We're basically getting the rest of his prime while still having Nick Chubb. That's just STUPID. Don't be surprised to see Hunt lined up as the 3rd WR on the few occasions we run a 3 WR formation. 

Hunt was absolutely destroying people in training camp (per Browns Daily) and loves the wide zone scheme. I really hope we can keep the score close this weekend. If we do, we'll have the opportunity to really run the rock in the 4th quarter and put some heavy pressure on the defense. 

I agree there is nothing not to like with this deal. Low risk, high reward. They can add in Hunt as a safety valve, which every great QB had. Montana had Craig, Kelly had Thomas, Ben had Bell, and now not only does Baker have Chubb and Hunt, he has Hooper and of course Landry and OBJ. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

All I can say about this is considering....  Hunt stays out of trouble the Browns got a bargain, most of the top running backs are getting double what Kareem signed for.... Hometown discount. 

It would be a nice story, nowadays there are almost no hometown players anywhere. Let's hope it has a nice end.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Denzel ward is also a hometown Player. He was born in Cleveland and went to Nordonia high school. Which is between Cleveland and Akron.Player. 

I've mentioned my sister's kids went to Nordonia in the same time frame. Brother in law  Jeff got to see most of  Denzel's games. That had to be special.  :)

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2020 at 3:49 PM, The Gipper said:

Denzel ward is also a hometown Player. He was born in Cleveland and went to Nordonia high school. Which is between Cleveland and Akron.Player. 

I know. Denzel has to prove himself this year. He is good but accountability is a skill.