THE BROWNS BOARD

Ravens Week

SdBacker80

6 hours ago, Icecube said:

Is he lining up against Campbell? That dude is a flat out beast. God help us all. 

Yeah, I'd expect so. 

3 hours ago, Icecube said:

One big difference is Balt. has a proven track record and tradition of developing nasty Ds, Browns have not done that yet. It seems more likely that Ravens integrate their younger defenders quicker than Cleveland will, and perhaps more successfully. I don't see the glaring holes on the Ravens D like the Browns. Do they have any unit as thin as the Browns' LBs? You don't want to defend the Ravens' rushing game thin at LB; you will see Ingram, Dobbins and Edwards all damn day. Yea, and throw in some Jackson runs as well. 

I see some opportunities for the  Browns 

Safeties Chuck Clark and DeShon Elliot  

LBs Are okay some are unproven. Let’s challenge the rookie Patrick Queen.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Key player for the Ravens is Ingram vs the depleted LB Corps. I'm kind of worried about that even more than Jackson, because that is how they can play keep-away and move the chains all they way down the field.

Yeah, I know. They seem to gash for 9 yards a carry and then hit the wide open TE for 20.  They're filthy and us having linebackers that even I don't know does not bode well. But hey, still got to play the game, right? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I see some opportunities for the  Browns 

Safeties Chuck Clark and DeShon Elliot  

LBs Are okay some are unproven. Let’s challenge the rookie Patrick Queen.

Queen is a full-blown green rookie with not even preseason under his belt. He's gonna make mistakes. Fort is weak, we should know. Browns got some opportunities in the middle, but bottom line, Baker has to be accurate to win this one.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Icecube said:

Queen is a full-blown green rookie with not even preseason under his belt. He's gonna make mistakes. Fort is weak, we should know. Browns got some opportunities in the middle, but bottom line, Baker has to be accurate to win this one.  

I actually forgot what I was going to write because I'm listening to a talk show featuring Jalen Rose and he said that Cam Newton will be the Browns starting QB next year. Now that I'm done laughing, I'll try to respond to the thread. 😂

The Ravens have VERY few weak spots on defense, but if there WAS one, it would where you said, in the middle. They likely have the best CB tandem (or trio) in the league, and their DL is seemingly always good. The middle being a weakness is especially important because our offense now features Austin Hooper. Baker loves the middle of the field and wasn't able to utilize it due to poor playcalling and a lack of available TEs. 

Well, it be different now. We got a badass TE in Hooper who apparently dominated in camp and literally caught everything. Njoku is finally healthy and capable of making big plays, but he's likely going to be behind the biggest surprise in camp, Harrison Bryant. I actually find it hard to believe that a rookie TE will actually make an immediate impact, but literally everybody associated with the Browns has gone on and on about Bryant. The middle of the field MUST be taken advantage of and it has to be a regular theme as the game goes on. 

It's not just the TEs that need to have a big day, the RBs also need to exploit the middle, especially Kareem Hunt. He's going to be featured more heavily than people think, and his recent extension is proof of this. Hunt catching a short pass is a nightmare for defenses and typically these are very safe passes for our young QB. 

Ravens appear to be happy with what they have seen from their new safety tandem from early season camp and quotes and reports. I guess we will find out today.

let’s go glass half full again.  Not an easy matchup for them covering our TEs, Hunt and Chubb potentially in space, Jarvis working over the middle, OBJ deep.  As much we are worrying about the Rats exploiting us...look no further than this matchup LBs and Safeties vs Browns weapons.

i don’t know what is going on but I’m feeling good this morning.  The Browns are going to win this game.  

On 9/10/2020 at 9:15 AM, Tour2ma said:
#Browns C JC Tretter, listed as questionable as he recovers from a knee procedure, is expected to play today vs the #Ravens, I’m told. Some likely help up front.

Rapsheet, dropping browns news off at 4 in the morning..😮... Good* Morning!!  LETS GO !!

33 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I actually forgot what I was going to write because I'm listening to a talk show featuring Jalen Rose and he said that Cam Newton will be the Browns starting QB next year. Now that I'm done laughing, I'll try to respond to the thread. 😂

Good, good. Laugh now. It will make the crying easier when we revisit this post this time next year in disbelief 😅

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Ravens appear to be happy with what they have seen from their new safety tandem from early season camp and quotes and reports. I guess we will find out today.

let’s go glass half full again.  Not an easy matchup for them covering our TEs, Hunt and Chubb potentially in space, Jarvis working over the middle, OBJ deep.  As much we are worrying about the Rats exploiting us...look no further than this matchup LBs and Safeties vs Browns weapons.

i don’t know what is going on but I’m feeling good this morning.  The Browns are going to win this game.  

Hope springs eternal. 

• Upvote 1