THE BROWNS BOARD

Survival!

Zombo

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

They hadn't yet heard of cell phones, the internet, social media, Google, 24hr news or a defenseless receiver..... The Golden Age indeed. 

Also not heard of? Invisalign... image.png.81b30314404bfbd9f133a32f6115d494.png

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

AAAAAAAAAAAnnnnnnnnnnnd the Pats had it all the way...

No strikes this week...

On to Week 10 !!!

Almost, but the Jets pulled defeat from the Jaws of victory, as you would expect them to do.  Just hope the Browns game with them is not that close. 

Cowboys did the same thing.  

https://sports.yahoo.com/someone-wagered-99-000-packers-213707746.html

Someone wagered $99,000 on the Packers to beat the Jaguars, at -1100 odds

The Packers seem to be a sure thing this weekend. At least one bettor thinks so.

According to David Purdum of ESPN.com, someone placed a $99,000 wager on the Packers to beat the Jaguars with the William Hill sports book in Nevada. At odds of -1100, the bet will pay a mere $9,000 if the Packers win.

It could be the easiest $9,000 that the bettor ever makes. Or it could be a lesson well learned that, as a wise man has said repeatedly, “That’s why they play the games.”

The weather could be a factor on Sunday, with a high of 44 degrees, ran in the forecast, sustained winds in the range of 25 miles per hour, and gusts into the mid-30s. There’s also a chance that the Packers will pick Sunday to be one of those days when they just don’t have it.

It’s obviously unlikely, as the odds indicate. Still, if the game ends within eight points or so, the $9,000 arguably won’t be worth whatever anxiety the bettor will have experienced. And if the Jaguars somehow win, well, there goes money that the bettor could have done plenty of good with.

But in America the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness includes the ability to make bad decisions. Come Sunday, we’ll see if this is one of them. Win or lose, it already sort of feels like it is.

^ What could possibly go wrong? 

Give the man his $9k... and some clean underwear...

No strikes again this week... although Packer-pickers had to be plenty nervous. Slightly less so for the NOLA guy and a relative cakewalk for LVR.

image.thumb.png.7fe9bc162d290559da1580f55ca3d2a4.png

On 11/15/2020 at 8:26 PM, Tour2ma said:

Give the man his $9k... and some clean underwear...

No strikes again this week... although Packer-pickers had to be plenty nervous. Slightly less so for the NOLA guy and a relative cakewalk for LVR.

image.thumb.png.7fe9bc162d290559da1580f55ca3d2a4.png

And who might that be ?  (what a way to go, another Thursday early football deadline casualty)

... and I'm out... thanks, Vikes!

On a positive note... Week 11 is as deep  as I've ever gone.

Vikes also gave three others their 1st strike.

5 are left...

4 with one strike...

1 unblemished...

40 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

... and I'm out... thanks, Vikes!

On a positive note... Week 11 is as deep  as I've ever gone.

Vikes also gave three others their 1st strike.

5 are left...

4 with one strike...

1 unblemished...

At least it was a good way to go out with a good pick.... Hasta la vista, baby. 

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So what happened here this past week?

Officially not over until the Stoolerz/Gutter Birds game is over today, but all active players picked correctly and they all move on... 

• Thanks 1

4 of 5 fates have been determined this week with one hanging with the Ravens' result.

Somehow 3 of 4 live to agonize over another team selection among a dwindling pool of teams. I say somehow because 2 had the Raiders... and it wasn't like the Saints won without making their picker sweat a little.

In the case of the 4th we bid a fond farewell to MarkO who along with the Seahawks never saw the Colt and the G-men coming.

image.thumb.png.d3e74db0a26fbe72267c3d387e5817da.png

19 hours ago, The Gipper said:

By the skin of your ass, and courtesy of a horrible, horrible coaching call by Gregg Williams.  Looks like MarkO may be aufed.

No kidding. Gase even said he'd have called time out and changed the defense if he had the time to- which he didn't. The sane call is to put 6 defenders deep on the goal line. If they win on a jump ball Hail Mary- so be it.  

As I said in my thread- it cost Greg his job. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/7/2020 at 12:59 PM, D Bone said:

Mark is always super tough in Survival, and I'd like to think that somewhere he is listening to Queen's Another One Bites The Dust. 

Of course Colt McNoodleArm is the one that takes me out.   Colt and his stellar 100 yard passing game.    Never liked the Seahawks anyways. 

Good luck to the rest of you. 

Week 15 picks are in... Who did they go with? Let's check some of the week's biggest favorites...

NYJ @ LAR (-17.5)? Nope.... can't pick the Jets' opponent as all used LAR in Week 4.

PTG @ CIN (+13)? Nope... PTG is off all 4's boards.

CAR @ GB (-8.5)? Nope... gone gone gone and gone.

Who did they go with??? All will be revealed in about 19 hours.

Ah.... the beauty of the game that is Survivor...

image.png.b538a643415bb552d291132af8a409c5.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Week 15 picks are in... Who did they go with? Let's check some of the week's biggest favorites...

NYJ @ LAR (-17.5)? Nope.... can't pick the Jets' opponent as all used LAR in Week 4.

If I was playing and IF I had to make a pick- Bills- Dolphins- Ravens. At the risk of getting a strike, I have a good feeling about taking the Browns over the Giants Sunday night.  :)  

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

If I was playing and IF I had to make a pick- Bills- Dolphins- Ravens. At the risk of getting a strike, I have a good feeling about taking the Browns over the Giants Sunday night.  :)  

I note on that board that only two of the remaining players have picked the Browns this year so far. 

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Far and away my favorite fantasy football game. I play the regular one too - and am pretty good at it, but this one is where my heart lies. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I note on that board that only two of the remaining players have picked the Browns this year so far. 

I never pick a Browns game. That game simply doesn't exist to me when it's time to pick. I refuse to pick against them, and it's bad enough when they lose for themselves, but to take me down with them would be enough to make me start eating meat again.

Props to all of those that do pick them. 

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

PSYCH!

Head fake much, DB? Oh well.... you can always blame hoorta.

lol! I would like to say it was some great head game, but the reality was the only 2 games I could safely pick were the Cardinals and the Browns, and in the end I just trust the Browns a whole lot more than I do the Cardinals. 

What could possibly go wrong? 

No strikes this week. Turned out all were fortunate that they had used LAR earlier. A full 25% of the remaining Yahoo participants were not so lucky.

NYJ's upset was epic. The only one in history where an 0-10+ dog by 17 or more points won.

image.png.d5c9c08d43c52dc41570bf511c6f16e4.png

Only one BrownsBoard Survivor had late-game reason for any heart palpitations... DieHard with his Indy pick.

On to Week 16....

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 1:22 AM, Tour2ma said:

Is it time for DBone and Betegeuse to take the Browns?