THE BROWNS BOARD

Get over yourself

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/02/entertainment/john-boyega-disney-star-wars-trnd/index.html

There are always going to be socially active critics who will pump up a film because of inclusion of minorities. Just keep in mind if you have to force them into every motion picture you will necessarily flatten the Curve and it will become impossible to shower every film with a black star with undeserved praise. I realize there's an agenda and I realize that there are some great black actors. But rewarding mediocrity and forcing the issue doesn't further anyone's cause.

WSS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The problem was not that they cast a black actor in that role of Finn.    The problem was that HE was just not very good, nor did he bring likeability to the role, in my opinion. 

Compare to Lando Calarissian......Billy Dee Williams was great in that role...and the guy that played him in the Solo  movie was not bad either. 

But, maybe in a bit of fairness to Boyega,  they did have his character become a bit  JarJar Binks-ish.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 10:23 AM, The Gipper said:

The problem was not that they cast a black actor in that role of Finn.    The problem was that HE was just not very good, nor did he bring likeability to the role, in my opinion. 

Compare to Lando Calarissian......Billy Dee Williams was great in that role...and the guy that played him in the Solo  movie was not bad either. 

But, maybe in a bit of fairness to Boyega,  they did have his character become a bit  JarJar Binks-ish.

Billy Dee Williams was perfect as Gale Sayers as was James Cann as Brian Piccolo. A true wonderful black white relationship turned into a movie.