THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Monday August 31

The Gipper

Here are this week's Survey Questions.   Give your answers/opinions:

1. What  one of two moves would you still like to see the Browns make before the season starts?  (to replace injuries...or whatever)

2. In another thread, there is a link to the Browns  Plans for fan attendance....to be made in Pods.   Do you still plan to go to any games?

Here is link to that thread:  

3. Leonard Fournette was released by the Jags.    What other Big Name player do you think may be released in the next week or so?

4. They are doing a remake of  Stephen King's  The Stand.  (in which, in case you did not know, most of the world's population was killed in a pandemic).  Do you think this was necessary? (the original was aired in 1994)

5.  OK, it is time for this:    Some predictions.   Who wins each division:

AFC East

AFC North

AFC South

AFC West

NFC East

NFC North

NFC South

NFC West

6.  One more:    Surprise team    and diappointing team?

28 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

1. What  one of two moves would you still like to see the Browns make before the season starts?  (to replace injuries...or whatever)

Safety help

2. In another thread, there is a link to the Browns  Plans for fan attendance....to be made in Pods.   Do you still plan to go to any games?

No, opted out this year.

3. Leonard Fournette was released by the Jags.    What other Big Name player do you think may be released in the next week or so?

Ryan Fitzpatrick might leave on his own accord .

4. They are doing a remake of  Stephen King's  The Stand.  (in which, in case you did not know, most of the world's population was killed in a pandemic).  Do you think this was necessary? (the original was aired in 1994)

No

AFC East  Patriots

AFC North Ratbirds

AFC South Titans

AFC West Chiefs

NFC East Cowboys

NFC North Vikings

NFC South Falcons

NFC West Cardinals

My own answers:

Still would like to see Clay Matthews in here,  but I guess they did pick up Malcom in the Middle. I know that they made some moves...but some more DB help? 

Well, honestly, I go to very few games anyway,  so I am unlikely to go this year. 

How about this for a WAG:    Pats release Cam Newton.   BB says it just won't work with him. 

It does seem a bit insensitive. And there was not that much wrong with the original, only 26 years old.  I guess whomever is simply trying to profit from the current situation. 

AFC East....I say Buffalo finally breaks the Pats reign

AFC North....Ratfuckers 

AFC South....Titans over Texans....because of Vrabel

AFC West.....Chiefs.  Pretty easy pick there

NFC East.....Eagles

NFC North.....Vikings

NFC South....Tampa Bay....just for shits and giggles.

NFC West....Seahawks. 

6.  Surprise Team:   Detroit Lions make playoffs.    Disappoint:   Steelers.  Fuck them...I will always pick them for this, even if I am always wrong. 

34 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Bob,   sorry.  I meant to originally include question 6, but forgot, and you got your answers in before I could edit. 

Lol it's ok....my surprise team is the Arizona Cardinals....disappointing team is (hopefully) the Seahawks and Packers.

J. Clowney or C. Matthews III

No

Not sure.

Necessary? No. But ... Whatever.

AFC East

AFC North

AFC South

AFC West

NFC East

NFC North

NFC South

NFC West

Great Zomboni's predicitons will be available before the start of the season

6.  One more:    Surprise team    and diappointing team?

Browns/Steelers

On 8/31/2020 at 12:05 PM, The Gipper said:

Add to interior OL depth, and LB. 

Well, I think the Jags are plumb out of "big name" players at this point. Maybe the released big name list is about done. I don't think anyone is holding out at this point are they?

Just additional propaganda to sell the fear, is all. It's all tied in together. 

AFC East - This is a fun one. On the surface, it appears the Bills will finally win the div. They are pretty loaded and have good team chemistry. And can we finally count Hoodie out? It appears their loss of talent, mostly from players opting out from CV, seems insurmountable. And, of course, it may be a plan to land QB Lawrence, but it seems Jags are also on the same plan. But with the addition of Cam, may Hoodie shock the world and be a contender? But, is it just me? Did you watch the vids of Cam dancing around at practice (or whatever you call it)? It sure didn't look like a fit in Hoodie land. It just seemed odd, with his fellow teammates not wanting to join in. 

AFC North - It's the Ravens to lose. Let's not kid ourselves. But what if Jackson gets hurt? I might favor them even if he does. Pitt could surprise. But they would need some luck to actually win the div. I could easily see 3 playoff teams from the North. Could Pitt, Cleveland and Balt. all post double-digit win records? 

AFC South - I see this as a 3-way race: Indy, TN and Hous. could all win it. Will Rivers put Indy over the top? Will Houston have enough sans Hopkins and with a weak D? Was TN's run in the playoffs a sign of things to come, or are they still basically a .500 team who got lucky? Is Vrable the real deal and with one more season under his belt, will he continue to get better? It's a crap shoot. I'm gonna take TN.

AFC West - KC. Who else. I saw a commentator claim Denver will win it. No way. KC has the best QB in the NFL and one of the best head coaches. Charges could be pesky but they have a journeyman QB and a rookie. The Raiders are up-in-coming but coming off a team move, odds not in their favor. Denver loaded up on rookie WRs but they are all still rookies. 

NFC East - Garbage div,. will come down to Dallas and Philly. I am not sold on Wentz being all that. "Washington" is a hot mess. NY just too lacking. And something is weird with Philly taking Hurts. I'll go with Dallas. 

NFC North - MN is the most complete team, GB will still be in the mix. Watch for that rookie, beast RB Dillon to make some noise. 

NFC South - Tampa and Saints. I think it will be a close call between the two. I'm going with TB.

NFC West - Loaded div. SF probably most likely to win it. But Seattle is right there with Wilson and Pete. Rams still has talent, and AZ is on the rise. 

6.  One more:    Surprise team    and diappointing team? - Maybe Miami surprises and Philly bums out its fans. 

• Upvote 1

Well, I think the Jags are plumb out of "big name" players at this point. Maybe the released big name list is about done. I don't think anyone is holding out at this point are they?

Clowney not signed I do not believe.   And we noted Clay Matthews.    Jason Peters...did he sign?   Everson Griffin?    Aqib Talib,  Tony Jefferson, Eric Reid...DBs not signed.  Cordy Glenn?    DaVonte Freeman?  

Colin Kaeperick.