THE BROWNS BOARD

Saving Logan Ryan

gumby73

Price? Don't really care at this point..length of contract? whatever fits this private Ryan... 

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020/08/13/why-logan-ryan-is-right-nfl-teams-should-be-looking-to-sign-him-as-a-safety/     

In a few days, Logan Ryan will show up on a teams roster👀..And Andrew Berry has the most to offer in both positions & the dough to do this..and a winning roster

Members...take a look at our depth chart.. a) Can ya trust Ward or Greedy to play 16? b.) I'll ask the same about Karl Joseph & 32 year old Andrew Sendejo? a 2nd year Redwine?

Joe Wood's liked Delpit as a Safety, that he could drop into the LB box.... to put guys in the dirt..

Pardon the interruption;) But, Every time I drop Logan Ryan into our Corner or Safety position of need? This roster becomes contender'ish again

All this ^^ to ask this.....If ya got 1 choice as Browns GM to add 1 FA? offense or defense?.. Is it...Clowney?/Clay Matthews III?//Earl Thomas? or...

It's your time to choose?    Just ONE!   A) no more gambles & hold at 16? ♠️🎲   B.) wait for cut downs...     C.)    WHo ya Got?   🤔  

• Upvote 2

Elijah Benton-  48    S    6-1    205    23    R    Liberty
Hassell-JT-  49    S    5-11    200    25    2    Florida Tech
Joseph-Karl-  42    S    5-10    200    26    5    West Virginia
Moffatt-Jovante-  35    S    5-11    213    23    R    Middle Tennessee State
Redwine-Sheldrick-  29    S    6-0    196    23    2    Miami (Fla.)
Sendejo-Andrew-  23    S    6-1    210    32    10    Rice

This group doesn't instill confidence in you?  :)

8 hours ago, Orion said:

Elijah Benton-  48    S    6-1    205    23    R    Liberty
Hassell-JT-  49    S    5-11    200    25    2    Florida Tech
Joseph-Karl-  42    S    5-10    200    26    5    West Virginia
Moffatt-Jovante-  35    S    5-11    213    23    R    Middle Tennessee State
Redwine-Sheldrick-  29    S    6-0    196    23    2    Miami (Fla.)
Sendejo-Andrew-  23    S    6-1    210    32    10    Rice

This group doesn't instill confidence in you?  :)

after eyeing them over.. my magic 8 ball 🎱 says... ugh No!        

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, gumby73 said:

8oe.gif    after having Urrrr...Kel... carefully eyeing them over!! my magic 8 ball 🎱 says... ugh No!        

All from some college football power houses like the U, WVU, Rice, MTS......Liberty?    :lol:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Price? Don't really care at this point..length of contract? whatever fits this private Ryan... 

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020/08/13/why-logan-ryan-is-right-nfl-teams-should-be-looking-to-sign-him-as-a-safety/     

In a few days, Logan Ryan will show up on a teams roster👀..And Andrew Berry has the most to offer in both positions & the dough to do this..and a winning roster

Members...take a look at our depth chart.. a) Can ya trust Ward or Greedy to play 16? b.) I'll ask the same about Karl Joseph & 32 year old Andrew Sendejo? a 2nd year Redwine?

Joe Wood's liked Delpit as a Safety, that he could drop into the LB box.... to put guys in the dirt..

Pardon the interruption;) But, Every time I drop Logan Ryan into our Corner or Safety position of need? This roster becomes contender'ish again

All this ^^ to ask this.....If ya got 1 choice as Browns GM to add 1 FA? offense or defense?.. Is it...Clowney?/Clay Matthews III?//Earl Thomas? or...

It's your time to choose?    Just ONE!   A) no more gambles & hold at 16? ♠️🎲   B.) wait for cut downs...     C.)    WHo ya Got?   🤔  

Well done!    I like our depth at Corner when Terrence Mitchell is #3 (last year he came in vrs Pitt when Greedy struggled ALL game prior to getting injured; and got an INT in their territory right away).  We need depth in the secondary.   Logan Ryan can provide the flexibility to play Safety or Corner (if necessary) like Randall did the year before he became a drama queen.

Our depth at LB is anorexic - so an experienced guy like Clay Matthews wouldn't suck.  In just 13 games last year, he had 8 sacks, 3 passes defensed and 2 forced fumbles.  Once upon a time, he was a Safety in high school which won't be a niche any time soon. The reason I bring that up is because his father was flexible enough to play 4 different LB positions in the 34 and 3 different LB positions in the 43.  His INT of Jim Kelly at the goal line in the playoffs sealed the victory.  This guy could be invaluable to us.  Not saying he's his dad; but that experience at Safety once upon a time could make playing either OLB position very doable.  Playing at a high level after 10 years in the NFL isn't exclusive to his dad, his Uncle Bruce also did so at a Hall of Fame level. We only need Clay for a year or so...

Not for nothing, but once teams start hitting the road for road games - I think their risk for getting the Corona virus will increase so we better be deeper than current worry this area of the team is inviting... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Well done!    I like our depth at Corner when Terrence Mitchell is #3 (last year he came in vrs Pitt when Greedy struggled ALL game prior to getting injured; and got an INT in their territory right away).  We need depth in the secondary.   Logan Ryan can provide the flexibility to play Safety or Corner (if necessary) like Randall did the year before he became a drama queen.

Our depth at LB is anorexic - so an experienced guy like Clay Matthews wouldn't suck.  In just 13 games last year, he had 8 sacks, 3 passes defensed and 2 forced fumbles.  Once upon a time, he was a Safety in high school which won't be a niche any time soon. The reason I bring that up is because his father was flexible enough to play 4 different LB positions in the 34 and 3 different LB positions in the 43.  His INT of Jim Kelly at the goal line in the playoffs sealed the victory.  This guy could be invaluable to us.  Not saying he's his dad; but that experience at Safety once upon a time could make playing either OLB position very doable.  Playing at a high level after 10 years in the NFL isn't exclusive to his dad, his Uncle Bruce also did so at a Hall of Fame level. We only need Clay for a year or so...

Not for nothing, but once teams start hitting the road for road games - I think their risk for getting the Corona virus will increase so we better be deeper than current worry this area of the team is inviting... 

JC Tretter is on record that he was concerned that a lack of a real offseason was going to result in a rash of injuries, and of course this has hit his Browns the worst so far.

I wasn't real high on this defense a month ago, now? Oof. 

The offense is going to have to carry this team. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve said it before and I’m saying it now we Need reliable vets with this weekly Covid testing that will take place.

What happens when A starter or two go down in position group that Saturday before a game?  Bring them in now let them learn the defense.  They are All free agents one year deals are fine 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’ve said it before and I’m saying it now we Need reliable vets with this weekly Covid testing that will take place.

What happens when A starter or two go down in position group that Saturday before a game?  Bring them in now let them learn the defense.  They are All free agents one year deals are fine 

Sounds fair to me. 

That is why I would do things differently this year.  Once the Thursday results came clean, I would lock the guys down in a team hotel until game day.  You stay there and eat there.  Bus to the practice field for walk thoughts, etc.  Team meeting would revert to remote, both team and group.  Same on the road.  Get there on Thursday rather than Friday or Saturday.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

Same on the road.  Get there on Thursday rather than Friday or Saturday.

That's one way.  I think I would take the other tact though and try and make it as normal as possible.

22 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

JC Tretter is on record that he was concerned that a lack of a real offseason was going to result in a rash of injuries, and of course this has hit his Browns the worst so far.

I wasn't real high on this defense a month ago, now? Oof. 

The offense is going to have to carry this team. 

I hear ya and Tretter!    Cyber mini-camps with snooze button controls can't be great for rosters influx counting on a lot of young,inexperienced guys.

When we first Andrew Berry back - I got a dejavue of my last case of food poisoning.  HOWEVER, the version of him we got back was much improved in terms of how he set up 90% of the FA contracts to 1 year deals that give us those compensation picks if we lose any of them.  For years, Pitt and Ratville have been fattening their drafts with comp picks.  We finally have someone setting this up for us with experienced guys good for depth and teaching the younger players how to prepare and WATCH film for things to exploit and look out for for their respective positions.  A long time ago, we signed Scot Fujita from New Orleans with all his best football in the rear view mirror.  The BEST thing he did for us was help D'Qwell Jackson become better against the point of attack and with 1st step instinct in the FILM room.Jackson always made a ratload of tackles but he started to make them in places our defense could get off the field (as opposed to in pursuit 20 yards later all the time).  Jackson brought that up to a reporter about where and how the veteran helped him. Anyway, the hope is some of the vets Berry signed can help the younger guys out and fill in.

Sorry for the length here but I want to piggyback on to your last comment.  In many sports the best defense is a great offense (ie; NC's 4 corner offense, Montreal Canadiens in the 70s, and the 72 Dolphins with an unstoppable running game via Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris and Jim Kiick).   I understand the era is different; but this offense looks like it's biggest strength is the running game starting with the talent we have at RB. The 2 spots we needed to upgrade the most on the OL are LT and RT.  One guy already has an All Pro season on his resume while the other is one of the best run blockers of his draft class (my 2nd favorite LT Prospect only because Andrew Thomas had the most experience playing LT). Last year, Chubb was the leading rusher in the conference up until the final week of the season so the upgraded bookends should only improve that.  The only thing that could impact this is injury or Kareem Hunt's talent that is also worthy of a role.

What does all of this set up?  An ideal opportunity for play action passing, which has always been a key feature in Gary Kubiak's offense (that Stefanski utilized last year).  Believe it or not, the NFL channel posted that despite Baker's struggles last year - he actually had ideal stats during play action.   I don't know how accurately they assess that kind of thing but they made it a point to show it.  Meatball on spaghetti, there's talent on the perimeter to tap in these situations. 

The pressure will be to score TDs instead of settling for FGs.   I have no idea what we'll see from this defense that was already more than just 1 off season away from addressing all of the weaknesses and depth (prior to the volume of injuries we're seeing). Yes, all teams have injuries - but this defensive roster isn't built to handle the volume of them kicking us right between lookers)...

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

It says 'A source says'.    

...and that he wants 10 mil.    But he just switched agents to the same one Delpit has.

29 minutes ago, Orion said:

It says 'A source says'.    

...and that he wants 10 mil.    But he just switched agents to the same one Delpit has.

consider line 1 of my top post below....

On 8/28/2020 at 9:19 PM, gumby73 said:

were not worried about paying Delpit or his agent for 4 years..Redwine in 3 years...Were paying Joseph & Sendejo on only 1 year contracts...Bring in Ryan & and let's see who's really worth what.. in Woods defense, my moneys on Logan Ryan..Pay the Man!!

7 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Bring in Ryan & and let's see who's really worth what.. my moneys on Logan Ryan.

Well, if they're going to do it I wish they'd hurry it up.  He would have to miss multiple days of practice with COVID testing and such...and we're now inside of two weeks away from kick-off.

On 8/31/2020 at 6:37 PM, Unsympathetic said:

Giants signed him.. 1y/7.5m.

If strange reports show up In the Cleveland Plains dealer? Of a Covid free angry Panda 🐼 showing up at Berea headquarters tomorrow? sue Me!! ya tightwad'd dingle Berry's 

🤓  filed under....  another swing and ya missed...