THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Proposed Plan For Fan Attendance

The Gipper

Here is a link to the Browns plan for Fan attendance at games:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/browns-proposed-plan-for-fans-at-firstenergy-stadium-tickets-in-pods-stadium-in-quadrants-masks-and-no-tailgating.html

Basic highlight:  Seating in "Pods".   i.e.   in groups of no more than  10 people.  Each "pod"  socially distanced.  Also seating in 4 Quadrants.  

Health screening.    Tickets indicated that you can only enter and exit via a specific gate.   (Whiner alert!).

No cash purchases of concessions  (not sure why handling cash is any more of a risk than handling a credit card).

All tickets are "mobile"  supposedly for  convenience and health.....but really to disallow scalping.  

Just curious, was it noted anywhere how they are going to handle big time crowding events during the game, such as peeing or re-upping on booze at halftime? TBH, the process of getting people to the seats and crowd control through gates can be managed. This part in particular is the one where COVID is gonna spread.

57 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/browns-proposed-plan-for-fans-at-firstenergy-stadium-tickets-in-pods-stadium-in-quadrants-masks-and-no-tailgating.html

Basic highlight:  Seating in "Pods".   i.e.   in groups of no more than  10 people.  Each "pod"  socially distanced.  Also seating in 4 Quadrants.  

Health screening.    Tickets indicated that you can only enter and exit via a specific gate.   (Whiner alert!).

No cash purchases of concessions  (not sure why handling cash is any more of a risk than handling a credit card).

All tickets are "mobile"  supposedly for  convenience and health.....but really to disallow scalping.  

Hidden agendas all over that. What hogwash. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I also gives a time window to enter so everybody isn't entering at once.  Mobile tickets do discourage scalping, but you can still do that.  It's just harder.  It's more to prevent fraud. Those print at home tickets, you could print all you wanted.  You could sell them to 10 different people.  Then first person to get to the gate gets in, the rest get locked out holding a useless piece of paper.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Probably to limit the spread. With the failures of the federal government to contain this thing it's up to local governments and private businesses like the Browns to keep their consumer safe, so I get being overly cautious.  At my local BK they now have a card reader that sits directly under the drive-thru window. It's enclosed in a case except for the slot reader to insert the card. Put it in, wait a second, take it out, and your done. Totally safe as no one but me touches my card. Also since whole thing started I finally started using NFC on my phone for all physical payments. You may know it was Apple pay or Samsung pay. Works just like a regular credit card in 99 percent of places. Food for thought pennies are probably one of safeties thing to handle currently as copper actively kills the corona virus in under 4 hours.

A little off topic, but I absolutely hate the mobile tickets. 

If you have an  i phone, no problem. Put your tickets in the I phone's "mobile wallet."  If not, good luck uploading it at the gate.

Maybe they fixed it, I do know it was a huge complaint of many. I know it was an NFL policy, not just the Browns.

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

A little off topic, but I absolutely hate the mobile tickets. 

If you have an  i phone, no problem. Put your tickets in the I phone's "mobile wallet."  If not, good luck uploading it at the gate.

Maybe they fixed it, I do know it was a huge complaint of many. I know it was an NFL policy, not just the Browns.

Perfectly on topic.   Doing the e-tickets is part of the way they can control the crowd size. 

On 8/28/2020 at 10:30 AM, The Gipper said:

Perfectly on topic.   Doing the e-tickets is part of the way they can control the crowd size. 

And I guess I'm an old boomer geezer who used to collect ticket stubs.

I have some good ones from the NFL and MLB in the Ol' Muni stadium like the old Steelers/BROWNS and Yankee$/INDIANS Opening Day with 75,000 way back when.

I collected game programs and US postage stamps and coins too......way back when.  And get off my lawn dammit !   :o

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I don't use a wallet.  I never had trouble pulling up my tickets.

I did last year with the Indians (I bought one of those six pack ticket plans) because at the time my IPhone was an older model. 

Personally, I'd rather just have a ticket. 

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

And I guess I'm an old boomer geezer who used to collect ticket stubs.

I have some good ones from the NFL and MLB in the Ol' Muni stadium like the old Steelers/BROWNS and Yankee$/INDIANS Opening Day with 75,000 way back when.

I collected game programs and US postage stamps and coins to......way back when.  And get off my lawn dammit !   :o

Are they still issuing/selling game day programs? 

22 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Are they still issuing/selling game day programs? 

The way they're dropping like flies in Cleveland - these programs are going to be outdated on Sundays. 

One day we sign Weaver.  2 days later he's on IR so we can sign a 6'3" WR.

Does anyone know if the NFL is going to allow teams to keep a bigger roster size and cap (understanding there's a pandemic that will be impacting this league once teams have to travel out of state)?   

The pro sports doing their post seasons in a bubble are working well mainly because they don't have to travel.  Hard to do that for a regular season in sports that have to field at least 11 different starters on both side of the ball plus STs in a league of 32 teams.  Nothing worse than hearing a football coach during endless wind sprints reminding you "IF YOU FAIL TO PREPARE - YOU SHOULD PREPARE TO FAIL" punctuated with "NOT ON MY WATCH!"  As much as we hated hearing that at the time - it had a way of making game days a positive experience. 

When you have a plan - the shit doesn't hit the fan/fans! 

• Haha 1

Now the Governor  has issued new orders re first two Browns and Bangles home games:

Only   6000 fans are to be allowed in the stands for each.  (the above original plan set forth by the Browns allowed for 25% capacity).   Capacity for each stadium is  about  72K

https://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20200905/governor-allows-6000-fans-at-brownsrsquo-first-two-home-games

My Bad,  in checking  Browns Stadium capacity:   67,895.    Bengals  65, 515.

They must have reduced the capacity  for Browns after the renovation, I thought it was about 72K.   Same for Bengals. 

Seems to me that the only seating will be in the loges and the Club seats.    Fair to say? 

On 8/27/2020 at 3:26 PM, The Gipper said:

Hi Gipper. BTW, I'm back, now that football is actually back. Spent a long hiatus over on MAGA central, AKA the Political forum.  It looks like Z deleted the "Tailgating Banned in city lots" thread before I could get my 0.02 in..... Yeah- it was getting political and OT.  For those bitching it's an infringement on their right to do whatever in a pandemic, I have a suggestion for them... :D   

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Hi Gipper. BTW, I'm back, now that football is actually back. Spent a long hiatus over on MAGA central, AKA the Political forum.  It looks like Z deleted the "Tailgating Banned in city lots" thread before I could get my 0.02 in..... Yeah- it was getting political and OT.  For those bitching it's an infringement on their right to do whatever in a pandemic, I have a suggestion for them... :D   

Lol for some reason after watching that video all I could think are the ignorant cronies over there taking shots of different kind of cleaning solvents, in shit-stained briefs, while jerking off to the thought of Mexican infants in cages. Funny thing went to the local grocery store yesterday and there was a group of these morons, all mask-less shopping together, without a care in world. I did my best to avoid these dickheads and potentially exposure to Covid,  but they seemed be causing a disturbance up front when I was ready to cash-out. Both cashiers had refused service for safety reasons, so these assholes asked for the manager and she explained the self check-out option and politely said they were welcome to leave and pointed to the exit. Of course these idiots had trouble even scanning their items correctly and simply left out of frustration.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Oh look, Icechicken is desperate for attention. 

Now play nice guys- the sheriff is back in town.... oh, when I gave them notice I was heading back to the Browns Forum- I warned the guys over there - you call me a f**cking idiot here, I'll kick you off for a week...  Steve might tolerate damn near anything- I won't. And swearing at a Board Moderator is usually (and should be) a quick trip to a kiddie timeout...  :)  

21 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Now play nice guys- the sheriff is back in town.... oh, when I gave them notice I was heading back to the Browns Forum- I warned the guys over there - you call me a f**cking idiot here, I'll kick you off for a week...  Steve might tolerate damn near anything- I won't. And swearing at a Board Moderator is usually (and should be) a quick trip to a kiddie timeout...  :)  

Oh trust me hoorta I get it... I guess I bruised Icechicken's fragile ego months ago and he's been stewing over it since, resulting in him lashing out at me since then. I suggested that he meet me in person so the board could be spared pages of back-and-forth between us, but he apparently wanted nothing to do with that. He's what you'd call an "Internet Tough Guy" - someone who hides behind a keyboard but would never have the stones to say anything to someone in person. It was unfortunate that a thread about Jon Toth had to be ruined by his sad attempts to save face. Well, welcome back. 😁

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Oh trust me hoorta I get it... I guess I bruised Icechicken's fragile ego months ago and he's been stewing over it since, resulting in him lashing out at me since then. I suggested that he meet me in person so the board could be spared pages of back-and-forth between us, but he apparently wanted nothing to do with that. He's what you'd call an "Internet Tough Guy" - someone who hides behind a keyboard but would never have the stones to say anything to someone in person. It was unfortunate that a thread about Jon Toth had to be ruined by his sad attempts to save face. Well, welcome back. 😁

You better watch your back man... Just saying

tactical-keyboard-for-all-our-keyboard-w

• Haha 2