THE BROWNS BOARD

Yanda looks more like Yoda

Icecube

36 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

It is amazing.

Do these guys really have a hard time putting on weight?  Because they make it look easy shedding the pounds after their playing days.

I think it comes down to 3 things: massive cut back on calorie consumption, ending of taking "supplements" and an increase in burning calories, and, "tada"... massive weight loss. Walking around at 300+ lbs is not conducive to a long life. 

On 8/26/2020 at 5:09 PM, Icecube said:

I think it comes down to 3 things: massive cut back on calorie consumption, ending of taking "supplements" and an increase in burning calories, and, "tada"... massive weight loss. Walking around at 300+ lbs is not conducive to a long life. 

I remember Dave Puzzuoli was a BIG man.. after his playing days he became thin as a rail... it was a jaw dropping reversal from what his playing physique was...

56 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Joe Thomas also.....way down in weight from playing days. 

Apart from his face... He looks vastly different... his face is more defined without the baby fat...

23 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Joe Thomas also.....way down in weight from playing days. 

I remember way back watching joe t in an interview during his playing days showing his 10,000+ calories a day eating regimen to maintain his 300 lb. plus NFL OL form.

I happened to find this too...... from a November 3, 2019 WSJ article:.   https://www.wsj.com/articles/getting-fit-meant-sink-or-swim-for-an-ex-nfl-star-11572786002

Former Cleveland Browns offensive lineman Joe Thomas fueled his NFL workouts with 10,000 calories a day. Now, he would need about five days to eat that much. After retiring in March 2018, Mr. Thomas radically overhauled his diet and exercise.

During his 11-year NFL career, the 10-time Pro Bowler tipped the scales at 325 pounds. “When you’re practicing three hours a day in pads and a helmet in the heat, your muscles need fuel,” he said. “I spent years training myself to turn off my stomach-brain connection. When my stomach said full, I’d still eat two more plates of food.”

More than a decade of hits took a toll on his body. The 6-foot-6-inch Mr. Thomas has had four knee surgeries since his days playing for the University of Wisconsin. Constant joint pain and inflammation made practice excruciating during his final pro years. “My last season I made it to three training camp workouts,” he said....... continued.......

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I remember way back watching joe t in an interview during his playing days showing his 10,000+ calories a day eating regimen to maintain his 300 lb. plus NFL OL form.

I happened to find this too...... from a November 3, 2019 WSJ article:.   https://www.wsj.com/articles/getting-fit-meant-sink-or-swim-for-an-ex-nfl-star-11572786002

Former Cleveland Browns offensive lineman Joe Thomas fueled his NFL workouts with 10,000 calories a day. Now, he would need about five days to eat that much. After retiring in March 2018, Mr. Thomas radically overhauled his diet and exercise.

During his 11-year NFL career, the 10-time Pro Bowler tipped the scales at 325 pounds. “When you’re practicing three hours a day in pads and a helmet in the heat, your muscles need fuel,” he said. “I spent years training myself to turn off my stomach-brain connection. When my stomach said full, I’d still eat two more plates of food.”

More than a decade of hits took a toll on his body. The 6-foot-6-inch Mr. Thomas has had four knee surgeries since his days playing for the University of Wisconsin. Constant joint pain and inflammation made practice excruciating during his final pro years. “My last season I made it to three training camp workouts,” he said....... continued.......

Wow, 10,000 calories a day is crazy. But for the $ they make, I'd do it.