THE BROWNS BOARD

More Classy Steeler Fans

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never implicated the rest of youse guys. The stuff you said about the players you had, and you practically ran Stewart out of town. And you know, Tommy Maddox. Youse guys ruined him. His kids had to friggin relocate, for christ's sakes.

We didnt Ruin Tommy ... The arrival of Ben and getting Paralyzed temporarily ruined Tommy.

Guest ATENEARS

The bottles were light-weight plastic. On a windy day you could only throw them about as far as you could throw a female hotel employee from trying to escape out of your hotel door to the nearby bead.

He raped her ... he's guilty, and Steeler Nation condones it ... yak.

I never implicated the rest of youse guys. The stuff you said about the players you had, and you practically ran Stewart out of town. And you know, Tommy Maddox. Youse guys ruined him. His kids had to friggin relocate, for christ's sakes.

Tommys wife denied all that... and Imagine what Derek Anderson`s been through.

BTW, he is an Ohio boy like most Steeler greats.

Ok Lets NAME these "Most Steeler Greats " I eagerly await !!! I got Lambert , Noll as a Coach , gimme some more...

Holmes

When we beat your asses?? What position are you playing on the Browns?? I didnt know you were on the team??

I am done with you. You are an asshat, pure and simple. You keep deleting your post and keep reposting as an result to stay on the top of the board.

I am not worked up about Maddox. When we beat yo asses, this year, don't come crying to me, you punk ass steeler fan.

Come on IF you beat us its about Freaking Time. This domination cant go on forever. It would be Quite Classless to go overboard with a Browns win over Pittsburgh. But this Probably isnt the year. However "Any Given Sunday " !!!

The bottles were light-weight plastic. On a windy day you could only throw them about as far as you could throw a female hotel employee from trying to escape out of your hotel door to the nearby bead.

Anteater ...YOU are hilariously Stupid. A classic Dufass !!!

Come on IF you beat us its about Freaking Time. This domination cant go on forever. It would be Quite Classless to go overboard with a Browns win over Pittsburgh. But this Probably isnt the year. However "Any Given Sunday " !!!

No the streak will definitely reach 13 and the same fans will come back on here with the same song and dance and the same excuses they are spewing out of their mouths as we speak...

Classless? Oh really? What about Stooler Nation? They are CLASSLESS to a T. :angry:

Classless? Oh really? What about Stooler Nation? They are CLASSLESS to a T. :angry:

Thats Funny because ALL Across the NFL. Announcers and Players alike Salute Steeler Nation. You see it ALL THE TIME. Its you Green Eyed Monster Browns fans who try to sell that BS. and Your the ONLY ones buying. SOUR GRAPES DUDE ...SOUR Grapes. I hear the New Sour Patch Kids Candy is freaking Orange and Brown in Color and GRAPE in flavor !!

fun36.gif

A little HARMLESS bottle fun. Not like anybody got raped or gunned down cause you couldn't get laid.

Guest ATENEARS
I met a girl who is a waitress that waited on Big Gay Ben one evening. He referred to himself in third person every time he asked for something, ie, "Big Gay Ben will have a Pepsi...Big Gay Ben will have a steak."

What an asshole .... but this post is funny on two accounts, because even Big Gay refers to himself as Big Gay Ben on this forum.

Hey I have said on here time and time again that if they can prove that Ben is guilty of this then he should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Im not condoning these phone calls or anything that has to do with this woman claiming to be made. My point was to say that this guy that made this thread is taking shots at Steelers fans being classless and acting like Browns fans are xxxxing perfect and moral fans and never do anything wrong. So I just used the beer bottle throwing incident as proof to back up my statements that's it. Not saying that it was worse then these morons that are making these phone calls and harrassing and threatening this women.

But the fact is you DID say throwing the bottles was WORSE than harrassing this allegedly raped woman. Ok the words you used were " not quite as bad" . I think that qualifies..... That was why I called you out in the first place.

The beer bottle thing happens in the heat of a game and is not aimed at any one person. and most of those bottles were just thrown onto the field in protest..not at anyone. Mayber there were some jerks trying to hit players by most of those bottles just fell inoccently on the grass. Are they even glass? or plastic. Here is the point....

The threats to hurt this woman physically or possibly death threats are made AT HER directly and this young girl is likely scared to death right now. I just don't see how you can make this comparison... they are not even remotely related. The fact that you would even try to spin this to defend the arseholes harassing this girl is shameful.

But the fact is you DID say throwing the bottles was WORSE than harrassing this allegedly raped woman. Ok the words you used were " not quite as bad" . I think that qualifies..... That was why I called you out in the first place.

The beer bottle thing happens in the heat of a game and is not aimed at any one person. and most of those bottles were just thrown onto the field in protest..not at anyone. Mayber there were some jerks trying to hit players by most of those bottles just fell inoccently on the grass. Are they even glass? or plastic. Here is the point....

The threats to hurt this woman physically or possibly death threats are made AT HER directly and this young girl is likely scared to death right now. I just don't see how you can make this comparison... they are not even remotely related. The fact that you would even try to spin this to defend the arseholes harassing this girl is shameful.

Once again what does this thread have to do with the Steelers and the Browns football teams on the field?? It's pretty much a pointless thread to begin with. And like Freak said just because a small portion of fans call and harrass this women doesnt mean that all Steelers fans are doing it. They arent even talking about this rape thing anymore for the last few weeks or so because nothing is probably coming out of it. Like I said if Ben is found guilty he should pay the price period. Everybody on here since they absolutely loathe the ground Ben walks on just assumes he is guilty because they hate him and they want him to be. Like I said since you Browns fans have no other material to insult the Steelers with from a football perspective you have to grasp at straws to find anything like this to take more shots and make yourselves feel better. Just be prepared to see the streak reach 13 games no matter which shitty QB Mangina picks to start for the Browns this year. Neither of them are good enough to beat the Steelers and neither of them wont take it to the bank...

Thats Funny because ALL Across the NFL. Announcers and Players alike Salute Steeler Nation. You see it ALL THE TIME. Its you Green Eyed Monster Browns fans who try to sell that BS. and Your the ONLY ones buying. SOUR GRAPES DUDE ...SOUR Grapes. I hear the New Sour Patch Kids Candy is freaking Orange and Brown in Color and GRAPE in flavor !!

Don't forget how when Willis McGahee was carted off the field (after the Steelers just clinched a Super Bowl spot) how quiet it was at Hienz Field. Well, you did hear "get luck, Willis" being shouted out to McGahee, but other than that, silence. Silence after clinching the Super Bowl just minutes early.

Remember when Ryan Clark got hurt in a game in Cleveland. With all the cheers, you would have thought the Browns just clinched a Super Bowl appearence.

Don't forget how when Willis McGahee was carted off the field (after the Steelers just clinched a Super Bowl spot) how quiet it was at Hienz Field. Well, you did hear "get luck, Willis" being shouted out to McGahee, but other than that, silence. Silence after clinching the Super Bowl just minutes early.

Remember when Ryan Clark got hurt in a game in Cleveland. With all the cheesr, you would have thought the Browns just clinched a Super Bowl appearence.

I have no idea who Ryan Clark is, or what a a Cheesr is, but all of these Steeler fans have 24 hours to vacate before I start taking them down one by one in methoditical fashion, starting with this fag.

Zombo

--It's football season what in the world would a fan of the team that won the Super

Bowl be doing camping on a Browns board unless they were Retarded or trolling for Brown dick?

I have no idea who Ryan Clark is, or what a a Cheesr is, but all of these Steeler fans have 24 hours to vacate before I start taking them down one by one in methoditical fashion, starting with this fag.

Zombo

--It's football season what in the world would a fan of the team that won the Super

Bowl be doing camping on a Browns board unless they were Retarded or trolling for Brown dick?

Ryan Clark is the hard hitting and very underrated FS sof the Steelers. He never lets the play get behind him and he's great in run support. (Third on the team in tackles only behind two pro-bowlers. His play allows Polamalu to roam and be the great player he is.

As for the "cheesr" typo, I had corrected it a minute or two after submitting the original post. I guess you should refresh you page more often.

As for your last question, I only make attacking remarks toward the Browns fan base or the Browns themselves when I am forced to defend the Steelers and their fanbase from rediculous things some of you guys like to say. (This seems true for most other Steeler fans on this board, but they can speak for themselves) If yinz can get over your Steeler obsession on this Browns board, I would have no reason to say anything negative toward yinz while I am here.....and I wouldn't.

Don't worry, I wasn't "trolling" this site all day. I was 1 of the 15,000 people who came to watch training camp.

Silverback....don't try to make sense of it, it simply isn't normal. I wondered if the fans of the other teams who have struggled like the Browns, since the merger, were bitter and hateful like they are so I looked at a couple of message boards for the Lions, Saints, Cardinals, Falcons, Jets, and Bengals and other than the Bengals none of them show this hostility toward their nemesis. The one real difference is that the Browns were once great, the best of the best, and maybe today's Browns fans can't accept the reality of how long ago it was and how bad the franchise has been for nearly forty years. The other possibility is that those other teams haven't seen their former bitch (The Steelers) rise to become the greatest franchise in all of sports........that has to hurt!

Don't get me wrong, if you go to any of those other boards you will see a healthy hate for their arch rivals but nothing like the obsession you see here for the Steelers.....but again, none of those fan bases have to watch their hated rival dominate not only their team but the entire league like these guys do. In the divisions that those other teams live in the other three teams take turns winning the division, but then fall short in the playoffs (except the Patriots of late), in the Browns division it's always the Steelers.....best single season team ever, best franchise in all of sports, more Super Bowl wins than anyone, winningest team in the NFL since the merger, etc., etc., etc.......I guess maybe it's simply too much to handle.

LOL....we're the obsessed ones? Which team's forum are you on? Which team's forum do you and your "classy" brethren constantly visit to brag and belittle? And we're the obsessed ones? I think if you want the true definition of obsessed you and your "classy" brethren need to look in the mirror first.

Guest Masters
Thanks for proving my point! As seen HERE the Browns are the seventh losingest team since the 1970 merger(of the teams in existence at the time of the merger).

And what point was just proven? I think you may want to click the link and actually use the tools built in it to sort it.

The way it defaults goes by a win % that includes playoffs and all regular seasons, where not all #'s for all teams are even the same, thus averages are going to have varying swings for each team. I'd assume you also ignored the note they put in that points out CLE was out of the league from 96'~98'.

Try sorting by winning seasons, and you'll find CLE in the middle of the pack and your Steelers 3rd best.

Sort by season wins, and you'll find CLE 8th from the bottom and your Steelers 2nd best.

Sort by playoff births, CLE is middle of the pack and PIT 2nd best.

Sort by division titles, CLE is middle of the pack and PIT is the best.

So I think all you managed to do here is reaffirm daddybulls comment.

Guest Masters
The point proven? and maybe today's Browns fans can't accept the reality of how long ago it was and how bad the franchise has been for nearly forty years

I fully understand how to sort the numbers and, unlike you, I am not interested in finding a way to avoid the simple fact that winning percentage represents just that...."percentage"....and the Browns are seventh worst since the merger (of the teams existence at the time of the merger). The fact that it includes "total winning percentage" is even more telling because it includes all games played.

But you obviously don't understand how "percentage" works and why it can't be used in the way you are trying to use it. The percentage you are trying to use is not an apple to apple comparison among any of the teams. Sorry buddy, but all you are doing is cherry picking a stat that isn't representative of any real comparison between all NFL teams.

CLE been bad to 10 years and you won't find a Browns fan who doesn't know this or acknowledge it. But 40 years? Apparently you didn't watch football in the 80's or early 90's.

Guest Masters
Look I'm not trying to pick a fight on a Browns board but the simple answer is that "percentage" is "exactly" the way to look at it. The fact the Browns were absent from the NFL for three years would explain why they have less wins than another team, percentage explains the ratio of winning to losing. And let's be honest here, if the Browns had been in the league those three years the numbers would be even worse for the Browns. And no matter what category you look at, if you remove the expansion teams since the merger, the Browns consistently rank in the bottom 10.

You're the one cherry picking in an attempt to skirt the facts.

Ah, but the percentage you are trying to use is one that includes playoff W's/L's. So not just to the Browns, but to all teams it isn't a comparable stat. It is a ratio to winning and losing, but when the number of games played among all teams isn't equal, the percentage numbers are skewed one way or another. Hence the reason I pointed out the regular season stat. If you're going to use one of those stats to give a semi-fair comparison of a percentage, that is the closest one, as all things are at least slightly equal for all teams.

As to if the Browns had been in the league those 3 years, your statement that they'd be worse is way off. Because if they were in the league, the Ravens wouldn't exist and those numbers would all be included in the Browns totals and the last 10 years of the new incarnation of the Browns wouldn't be in their numbers.

Oh, I am just the one who won't use non-comparable stats to try and justify a blank statement about how a team has been for 40 years.

Put it this way, the stat you are trying to use to use a skewed number (since the totals going into that percentage vary for every team in the list) to prove an unprovable point.

Guest Masters
Look I'm not trying to pick a fight on a Browns board... .

Let's be honest here, of course you are.

a. you're on a rival teams message board.

b. you brought up how a teams done over 40 years in a thread about a lack of class some Steelers fans are showing in regards to a possible rape of a women (opening post in this thread is about the threats the girl is receiving from Steelers fans). what does one even have to do with the other? the answer is nothing.

Guest Masters
Wow, no offense but math must not be your strong point. The "only" way to create a true comparison, under differing circumstances, is percentage. Read up on statistical analysis. I realize you are trying to eliminate playoff numbers because they don't favor the Browns but come on.

Your imagination regarding the three missing years is tainted as well, if you took the typical winning percentage (let's say .400) of the Browns prior to the departure and carried it over the three years it would continue to dilute the overall winning percentage influenced by their 5-year run in the 80's, thereby lowering their overall winning percentage.

Good discussion though as you, at least, are refraining from ancestral insults :D

As far as picking a fight, it's like this.......The average human being would have a hard time tearing themselves away from a someone standing on a Cleveland street corner preaching that lake Erie isn't really there it's just that everybody else is just looking at it wrong.

They don't favor most of the teams. And even when comparing differing circumstance, you set guidelines for minimum numbers. Hence why stat comparisons will be based on minimum numbers, set survey amounts, etc. Where the goal is to get things equal before drawing out a percentage to infer from.

Of course you can compare anything with percentages, but how realistic and accurate are they when you start comparing %'s where the numbers used have a huge variance (and again, I have noted it applies to all the teams, not just the Browns, so drop the stuff about favor/non-favor of the Browns). No offense, but it might be you who needw to read up on statistical analysis. Because you obviously fail account for some key things in it. It is a mathematical science pertaining to the collection, analysis, interpretation or explanation, and presentation of data. If math is your strong suit, you'd understand how skewed a percentage gets when the data used to form it varies for each percentage you are comparing.

But see, right there you are trying to use data that is older to form a typical winning percentage. But in reality you'd use the recent trend. And again, from what I was saying, you know what that teams numbers would have been. They are right there as BALT.

On the fight, you still miss the fact that you have even brought up how either team has done over a 40 year period in a thread about lack of class being shown in a rape case. No one was in here saying the Browns have been a better team on the field. So throwing out a changed discussion in this thread is pretty much nothing but trying to pick a fight. There are 100's of other threads filled with this type of stuff, yet you chose a thread about Steelers fans calling and threatening a women who has accused the teams QB of rape?

Once again what does this thread have to do with the Steelers and the Browns football teams on the field?? It's pretty much a pointless thread to begin with. And like Freak said just because a small portion of fans call and harrass this women doesnt mean that all Steelers fans are doing it. They arent even talking about this rape thing anymore for the last few weeks or so because nothing is probably coming out of it. Like I said if Ben is found guilty he should pay the price period. Everybody on here since they absolutely loathe the ground Ben walks on just assumes he is guilty because they hate him and they want him to be. Like I said since you Browns fans have no other material to insult the Steelers with from a football perspective you have to grasp at straws to find anything like this to take more shots and make yourselves feel better. Just be prepared to see the streak reach 13 games no matter which shitty QB Mangina picks to start for the Browns this year. Neither of them are good enough to beat the Steelers and neither of them wont take it to the bank...

I

If you don't like it... feel free to boycott our BROWNS BOARD. If we want to bash another team on our board .. tuff luck pal.. it's OUR board.. and as I said.. You can always boycott our board.. Don't let the door hit on the way out.

I

If you don't like it... feel free to boycott our BROWNS BOARD. If we want to bash another team on our board .. tuff luck pal.. it's OUR board.. and as I said.. You can always boycott our board.. Don't let the door hit on the way out.

Oh, I would say that it is rare that we would have occasion to insult the Steelers organization, per se. It is Steeler fans that are ripe fodder for disparagement. Not that I will do that here and now.

Archived