THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Sunday 8/23/20

The Gipper

Here are today's survey questions.  Give your answers or opinions:

1.  Should the Browns look at picking up  apparently soon to be available  Safety Earl Thomas?

2. Should the Browns take the opportunity of likely not having fans in the stand to put  hot pussy on display...i.e.  have cheearleaders?

3. It has been 6 years now since the  2014 Draft Day in which   Vontae Mack,  Bo Callahan, and Ray Jennings Jr.  were each taken in the Top Ten.  How do you think each of their careers would have panned out?

4. Who among the remaining teams in the NBA  do you want to win?   Who do you think will win?

Here are the teams still in it:  Bucks, Magic, Raptors, Nets, Celtics, 76ers, Heat, Lakers, Blazers, Clippers, Mavericks, Nuggets, Jazz, Rockets, Thunder

5. Who among the remaining teams in the NHL do you want to win?   Who do you think will win? 

Here are the teams still in it:   Philadelphia Flyers, NY Islanders, Boston Bruins, Tampa Bay Lightning, Vancouver Canucks, Las Vegas Golden Knights, Colorado Avalanche,  Dallas Stars.

6. Robert Pattinson will be playing Batman...whenever the new Batman movie comes out.   Are you cool with that casting choice? 

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

1.  Should the Browns look at picking up  apparently soon to be available  Safety Earl Thomas?

2. Should the Browns take the opportunity of likely not having fans in the stand to put  hot pussy on display...i.e.  have cheearleaders?

1. If the BROWNS are serious about 2020 they have to look at helping out the defense particularly at LB but they have to look at a S like Thomas.

2. Even the cowboys might not have the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders on the field this year. Stay tuned for more details.

My own Opinions: 

Sure.  They need to look at all options now with Johnson down.  But...for some reason, they are like being cheap assholes when it comes to adding veterans that have proven their worth, but may be slightly on the downside of their careers.  Like Clay Matthews III....IMO they should have already had his ass in here playing for the Browns, particularly after the Mack Wilson injury.  They may take the same tact with Thomas. I guess they would rather pick street UDFAs or some XFL rejects than sign a proven veteran player.

So...what the fuck is up with that? 

No, no cheerleaders.  If I need to see HP  I can go to the Hustler Club, or some such.  Or just look at mjp's contributions on the cheerleader thread here. 

3. It has been 6 years now since the  2014 draft in which   Vontae Mack,  Bo Callahan, and Ray Jennings Jr.  were each taken in the Top Ten.  How do you think each of their careers would have panned out?

Bo Callan WOULD be the bust that Sonny Weaver predicted. Not Jamarcus Russell bad, but not much over that.  He would be like Blake Bortles.  Some Shinola, but mostly shit.    Vontae Mack would be the HOF caliber  MLB the Browns have literally never had in their history.  Mike Singletary-ish.   Ray Jennings Jr.  would be Nick Chubb. 

4. Who among the remaining teams in the NBA  do you want to win?   Who do you think will win?

Here are the teams still in it:  Bucks, Magic, Raptors, Nets, Celtics, 76ers, Heat, Lakers, Blazers, Clippers, Mavericks, Nuggets, Jazz, Rockets, Thunder

My order of preference:  Lakers...only because they have LeBron...if he were not there, they would be last likely.  Bucks. Nuggets, Jazz, Nets, Thunder, Blazers,  Magic, Clippers....and fuck the rest.   Who will win:  The Lakers.

5. Who among the remaining teams in the NHL do you want to win?   Who do you think will win? 

Here are the teams still in it:   Philadelphia Flyers, NY Islanders, Boston Bruins, Tampa Bay Lightning, Vancouver Canucks, Las Vegas Golden Knights, Colorado Avalanche,  Dallas Stars.

My order of preference:  #1:  Vancouver.  #2  Vegas (too bad they play each other in next round).  #3 NY Islanders  #4 Flyers....#5 Lightning...and then screw the rest.  Who will win?  Probably the Bruins...but fuck a bunch of Boston teams winning another title. 

6. Robert Pattinson will be playing Batman...whenever the new Batman movie comes out.   Are you cool with that casting choice? 

Yea.  He has proven that he can play an aloof, brooding type of character, which is what Batman is these days.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

No.  Seems to be more bark than bite these days.  I like the depth we have.

we don’t need no stinkin cheerleaders.  Stick with tradition. 

3. It has been 6 years now since the  2014 draft in which   Vontae Mack,  Bo Callahan, and Ray Jennings Jr.  were each taken in the Top Ten.  How do you think each of their careers would have panned out?

Mack.  Multi Pro bowler and a pillar in the community.  Bo.  See Johnny Manziel.   Jennings solid starter future coach. 

I could care less  about the NBA. OKC if you put a gun to my head. 

Colorado.  Great hockey town.  Great fans.  Very knowledgeable.  Went to a game there years ago and had an excellent time. 

I watched Batman 25 years ago haven’t watched any new Batman’s since then.  Not a superhero fan.

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

NOPE! Stef wants no part of coaching a veteran hothead right now...

Browns Fans won't listen to 'No Fans'.. and the clubs in town will be littered with them.. parades for 0-16?..watch when their told "no"..KC had fans at a Practice already..

3. It has been 6 years now since the  2014 draft in which   Vontae Mack,  Bo Callahan, and Ray Jennings Jr.  were each taken in the Top Ten.  How do you think each of their careers would have panned out?  Vontae Mack resembles the playing style of Colts Darius Leonard... BO..Man-hell ..no doubt...Ray Jennings jr---RB Gus Edwards-Ravens 

Lakers

Tampa Bay... I get stuck in my truck, listening to some of these Radio Play-by-Play guys..Tampa Bay has blamed the refs at every stoppage..I've never heard more bitchin-moaning & groaning about the refs than these 2 homo's in all of sports..

6. Robert Pattinson will be playing Batman...whenever the new Batman movie comes out.   Are you cool with that casting choice?  as long as Bat-women is smokin..who cares!!

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Bo.  See Johnny Manziel.  

Oh....good one.  Same year too. 

waYYY off topic alert.. But check this out..

Wife & I, traveled down with neighbors to help get stuff down to NC State to get their daughter into dorms..On the way out. Sure enough, the park has some small outdoor bands set-up.."Honey, pull over, we ain't got this at home" .. so we crash the party & am hearing Johnny Cash...We get settled in & the groups name was Jackson Cash..no kin to Johnny Cash..but holy hell this band was good..Youtube'd them when home.. and sure enough.. 

we hit a set of 4 live Johnny Cash tunes, than had to split..really enjoyed to hear some Cash live again..👍 and this fav      

14 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Locker room problem by all accounts.

No

Not sure who they are

Lakers I suppose

Tampa bay both ways

I don't care.  I don't watch batman movies

No, we overhauled that position with good young talent.

No

Mack is a Pro Bowler, Jennings was a stud and then got injured, Callahan was a bust and bounced around.

Bucks should win. I like the Blazers , Mavs and Jazz as far as teams to root for.

Islanders would be fun

No. But I don't watch those movies anyway.

Not sure who they are.

This was a just for fun question.  They were the fictional players that the movie Draft Day....about the 2014 NFL ....centered around.  In the end, Vontae Mack and Ray Jennings drafted by the Browns;    Bo Callahan  drafted by the Seahawks. 

On 8/23/2020 at 12:24 PM, The Gipper said:

3. It has been 6 years now since the  2014 Draft Day in which   Vontae Mack,  

Image   actor Chadwick Boseman 💔.. Stage III colon cancer found in 2016. Has lost his 4 year life battle of it, as it progressed to stage 5...RIP 🙏 :(  

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Image   actor Chadwick Boseman 💔.. Stage III colon cancer found in 2016. Has lost his 4 year life battle of it, as it progressed to stage 5...RIP 🙏 :(  

Weird how this happens after Gip brings up his fictional character, and on the day MLB was celebrating Jackie Robinson Day. For those who don't know, Boseman played Robinson in the movie '42'. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Weird how this happens after Gip brings up his fictional character, and on the day MLB was celebrating Jackie Robinson Day. For those who don't know, Boseman played Robinson in the movie '42'. 

Very much too bad.

I do note, interestingly.....that he was like age  36 or 37  when he played Vontae Mack.....a 21/22 year old.    Pulled it off very well.

I had no clue that he was even sick until I saw this morning that he died.  It says it has been 4 years since he was diagnosed.  Did he have this when he was filming Black Panther? 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Very much too bad.

I do note, interestingly.....that he was like age  36 or 37  when he played Vontae Mack.....a 21/22 year old.    Pulled it off very well.

I had no clue that he was even sick until I saw this morning that he died.  It says it has been 4 years since he was diagnosed.  Did he have this when he was filming Black Panther? 

Yes.

I also had no idea he had cancer. I saw it on the Plain Dealer feed on my FB page, and audibly responded with "Holy Fuck".