THE BROWNS BOARD

Another day Another injury CB Kevin Johnson

Gunz41

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Usually alcohol will do that over decades of heavy use. 

🍺... watching 57 years of Browns Football after gumby73 ?  just might have the same effect;) 

• Haha 1

On 8/20/2020 at 6:22 PM, Orion said:

...exactly what I was thinking.  Another day, another injury to a starter.  (starting in pass pro plays)

Apparently he was really playing well, too. Now, I'm obviously no doctor, but I do know that lacerated liver injuries come in different grades like a lot of injuries. If it turns out to be the mildest version, we could see him back before you know it. The thing we have going for is is that it wasn't a brutal or vicious hit. Harrison Bryant just landed on top of him perfectly after a deflected ball, so it's POSSIBLE it wasn't too serious. It's not like Johnson was speared in the abdomen and got carted off to the emergency room. 

Cmon buddy...heal quickly and be ok. The only damage to a liver should come from partying! 

Browns' Kevin Johnson released from hospital after suffering lacerated liver

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29717161/browns-kevin-johnson-released-hospital-suffering-lacerated-liver

He will be evaluated on a week-to-week basis to determine when he can rejoin the Browns on the field.

On 8/20/2020 at 3:56 PM, SdBacker80 said:

Tough break hope he recovers well 

Usually alcohol will do that over decades of heavy use. 

I doubt he became a heavy user in elementary school.  And, this usually for people over  60 who have 40 years of heavy use, and bodies breaking.

He was supposed to be our starting Strong Safety.    And behind him was a guy named JT Hassell, and Montrel Meander.  Not names anyone here I assume expected the Browns to rely on.

So, the question is:  Could Sendejo or Redwine shift over to  SS from  FS? 

Or, will they have to go see if anyone is still out there on the street.

(maybe the RFs will dump Earl Thomas?)

Here are names of  Free Agent Safeties that were still available as of June 1.  Some may have been signed....plus this does not give the distinction between Free Safety and Strong Safety, but thesare the names:

• Reshad Jones, Dolphins
  • ##
  • Eric Reid, Panthers
  • Morgan Burnett, Browns
  • Tony Jefferson, Ravens
  • Tavon Wilson, Lions
  • Clayton Geathers, Colts
  • Antoine Bethea, Giants
  • Jahleel Addae, Texans
  • Sherrick McManis, Bears
  • J.J. Wilcox, Falcons
  • Johnathan Cyprien, Titans
  • Darian Stewart, Buccaneers
  • Curtis Riley, Raiders
  • Tedric Thompson, Seahawks
  • Josh Shaw, Cardinals
  • Kurt Coleman, Bills
  • Rontez Miles, Jets
  • Walt Aikens, Dolphins
  • Blake Countess, Jets
  • Mike Adams, Texans
  • Colin Jones, Panthers
  • ##  missing spot was for our old friend and my brother from another mother:  T. Gip. 

13 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So, the question is:  Could Sendejo or Redwine shift over to  SS from  FS? 

Or, will they have to go see if anyone is still out there on the street.

(maybe the RFs will dump Earl Thomas?)

Look at the stats of Earl Thomas slowing at age 31 & owed 10 mill. this season👀..Than look at a 29 year old Logan Ryan who's free & we could drop Logan Ryan in at FS/SS or CB.. Berry has to pay someone on this defense besides Garrett?  

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Look at the stats of Earl Thomas slowing at age 31 & owed 10 mill. this season👀..Than look at a 29 year old Logan Ryan who's free & we could drop Logan Ryan in at FS/SS or CB.. Berry has to pay someone on this defense besides Garrett?  

I do not see the name Logan Ryan either on the Browns roster....or on the list of  FA safeties.   So, tell us the deal with him. Who he is and how the Browns would be supposed to get him. 

27 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I do not see the name Logan Ryan either on the Browns roster....or on the list of  FA safeties.   So, tell us the deal with him. Who he is and how the Browns would be supposed to get him. 

he's listed as a FA corner.. only that Belicheck & Titans Dean Pee's were creative enough to drop him at times to FS...Logan has already stated he would play Safety where needed.He's your top DB out there.free to be signed..combined tackles 113..  4.5 sacks with 4 forced fumbles, last season.  pay the man! 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

he's listed as a FA corner.. only that Belicheck & Titans Dean Pee's were creative enough to drop him at times to FS...Logan has already stated he would play Safety where needed.He's your top DB out there.free to be signed..combined tackles 113..  4.5 sacks with 4 forced fumbles, last season.  pay the man! 

But can he do SS?  Or...as it seems that this team would be playing it:  combination SS/MLB. 

Just like we hoped, he'll be back in a couple of weeks. I doubt in time for Baltimore, but it's certainly great news.