THE BROWNS BOARD

I hope this bites GoodYear in the...

It's so discriminatory that it has to be fake - says the pre 2016 D Bone's side of his brain.

Hell, I know it's real and there should not be one true American that is proud to say that - says D Bone's post 2016 brain.

Just another microcosm of everything that is wrong in this once free country..... Fuck you Bruce Jenner, and I hope it hurts like hell every morning you tape it back. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

None of those things are protected statuses. People can choose not to buy Goodyear products. 

You can't ban white or black people. You can't ban Christians or gays. You can ban or not ban political things. The company has that choice based on what they see best for business. 

9 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

None of those things are protected statuses. People can choose not to buy Goodyear products. 

You can't ban white or black people. You can't ban Christians or gays. You can ban or not ban political things. The company has that choice based on what they see best for business. 

Nobody's calling for a ban on anyting. And I don't give a fuck about discrimination. They can do what they want I'm just saying I hope that they get some backlash for it. 

Imagine, if you have an imagination, that some company said it was okay to wear swastika t-shirts to work while Banning [random] organizations shirts?

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Nobody's calling for a ban on anyting. And I don't give a fuck about discrimination. They can do what they want I'm just saying I hope that they get some backlash for it. 

Imagine, if you have an imagination, that some company said it was okay to wear swastika t-shirts to work while Banning [random] organizations shirts?

WSS

Then that company would face backlash. 

These situations have always been very clear cut every time a thread is made on here. At least it's clear cut if you don't just blindly follow a party. 

Though, in that case, the imagery is clearly one that is anti-Semitic, so in that case idk if there's a difference in the law. 

22 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Then that company would face backlash. 

These situations have always been very clear cut every time a thread is made on here. At least it's clear cut if you don't just blindly follow a party. 

Though, in that case, the imagery is clearly one that is anti-Semitic, so in that case idk if there's a difference in the law. 

I'm not seeing huge difference between the klan for the American Nazi party and BLM. (well some because BLM has been a lot more violent in recent decades ) Most of the swastikas I see these days are from assholes like oh, well like the ones who hate Trump. The ones that call him  Nazi over and over and over. (And yes yes yes I know but but but what about...)

And in this case unless you're a total idiot you'd understand this isn't a party versus party thing, well at least it shouldn't be. If it is to you...

Blue lives do matter and fuck you if you think they don't. Clear enough? If your candidate doesn't think so fuck him too. Or her.

WSS

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

In what way do you think banning MAGA hats would benefit business?

I bet it's internal. Some employees may be offended by them thus resulting in a more tense less harmonious workplace. 

A scenario easy to imagine is if employees were to appear in a BLM shirt or hat, in this case the offended would either force themselves to keep quiet in fear of being labeled a radical or a racist, or be reprimanded by this very same company that banned the MAGA hats.

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Let me ask you this.

I *think* you are OK with Goodyear's policy (correct me if I misread it and you're not). If I am wrong and you're not OK with it, then please disregard my question below.

Assuming you are OK with the above picture, would you still be OK with it if the columns were reversed?    

Don’t buy GOODYEAR TIRES - They announced a BAN ON MAGA HATS. Get better tires for far less! (This is what the Radical Left Democrats do. Two can play the same game, and we have to start playing it now!).

5 hours ago, D Bone said:

Let me ask you this.

I *think* you are OK with Goodyear's policy (correct me if I misread it and you're not). If I am wrong and you're not OK with it, then please disregard my question below.

Assuming you are OK with the above picture, would you still be OK with it if the columns were reversed?    

Yes

and yes

Companies can't discriminate based on protected traits. Companies can keep rabid AOC supporters out if they think it affects business.

As long as those columns, on one side or the other, don't venture into attacking or discriminating again at protected characteristics or beliefs

Bottom line isn't what's Constitutional or not constitutional. Whether or not anybody is offended by BLM and their actions over the last year or beyond if you are offended by supporting the police you are fucked up in my opinion in which case I would prefer to buy tires from someone else. 

WSS

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Bottom line isn't what's Constitutional or not constitutional. Whether or not anybody is offended by BLM and their actions over the last year or beyond if you are offended by supporting the police you are fucked up in my opinion in which case I would prefer to buy tires from someone else. 

WSS

Then you have to ask the question, why doesn’t Goodyear support Blue Lives Matter considering how many law enforcement vehicles ride on their tires?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Don’t buy GOODYEAR TIRES - They announced a BAN ON MAGA HATS. Get better tires for far less! (This is what the Radical Left Democrats do. Two can play the same game, and we have to start playing it now!).

35 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Trump has won again!

8 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

MAGA!

Honestly, calling for a boycott was a pretty stupid move on Trump's part. He could have easily just pointed out what Goodyear was up to and let people make their own decisions from there and came out winning on this. But, by expressly calling for a boycott, he's signed himself on to average workers potentially losing their jobs in the fallout from this. Workers who live in a swing state and could have been potential voters of his.

5 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Honestly, calling for a boycott was a pretty stupid move on Trump's part. He could have easily just pointed out what Goodyear was up to and let people make their own decisions from there and came out winning on this. But, by expressly calling for a boycott, he's signed himself on to average workers potentially losing their jobs in the fallout from this. Workers who live in a swing state and could have been potential voters of his.

A pretty stupid move is almost everything Trump does