THE BROWNS BOARD

Chubb evaluated for concussion

Icecube

2 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

How bad is the Wilson injury? Torn ACL?

Here's more than I know:

Wilson: during a 7-on-7 drill, he went down, reaching for his left leg. He was carted off the field after talking to trainers, and the team called it a knee injury after practice.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Jesus,  we are thin there anyway. 

This was not shaping up to be a very good position group anyway, hopefully this isn't a severe injury. 

Wouldn't be shocked if the Browns are force to make a deal for a linebacker. 

27 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1295877604835295233

"Significant hyperextended knee"  for Mack Wilson?

Thanks Dutch..more likely a 8 week IR choice browns could make at cutdowns.. Good Luck Mr. Wilson (Is this not the same injury as Maholmes had?) 

13 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Thanks Dutch..more likely a 8 week IR choice browns could make at cutdowns.. Good Luck Mr. Wilson (Is this not the same injury as Maholmes had?) 

MKC is reporting that sources have said that if Wilson needs surgery for this, his season is likely over. 

14 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

MKC is reporting that sources have said that if Wilson needs surgery for this, his season is likely over. 

Yeah, i just saw that..Maholmes was a dislocated knee cap. not what we have here.. best source here is Mack Wilson & a doctor's photo.. a true wait & see 🤞..with covid testing rules again? I'd doubt he can even get back into the building for 3-4 days..  

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

This was not shaping up to be a very good position group anyway, hopefully this isn't a severe injury. 

Wouldn't be shocked if the Browns are force to make a deal for a linebacker. 

I’m betting Njoku is on the move for a linebacker soon. I’d have Mark Barron in for a visit ASAP too. 

Wait man, what is the starting LB hitting the best player on the team hard enough to give him a concussion? Are you serious? They play way softer in the probowl game. Chubb should never even be taken to the ground. Put in the camp bodies for that, you don't risk your stars like that. 

On 8/18/2020 at 11:33 PM, Icecube said:

Hopefully nothing is torn. He could be back in 4 weeks. 

Even so, a 2nd year player, new coaches, playbook, what did he get, one or two days of TC?   We need to have someone who can takeover his spot for the season.  If he's on the team, fine.  If he isn't, not fine.

Back to Chubb.  Chubb!  Chubb!  Chubb!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Orion said:

Even so, a 2nd year player, new coaches, playbook, what did he get, one or two days of TC?   We need to have someone who can takeover his spot for the season.  If he's on the team, fine.  If he isn't, not fine.

Back to Chubb.  Chubb!  Chubb!  Chubb!

Apparently Kareem Hunt looks unbelievable. No shocker there, but sometimes I forget we have him. In fact, I'd sign him to an extension right the heck now. While he's cheap. 3 years and $8 million guaranteed...I bet he'd take it. And he's worth every penny. Shit, Hunt might literally be our 3rd WR on the rare occasions we run 3 WR sets. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Apparently Kareem Hunt looks unbelievable. No shocker there, but sometimes I forget we have him. In fact, I'd sign him to an extension right the heck now. While he's cheap. 3 years and $8 million guaranteed...I bet he'd take it. And he's worth every penny. Shit, Hunt might literally be our 3rd WR on the rare occasions we run 3 WR sets. 

He's a very talented player. I guess it's a nice problem to have, but I wish he got more touches. But you can't give Chubb less touches, can you? 

• Like 1

You're absolutely right. But here's the thing, Hunt is an absolute nightmare in the red zone, especially inside the 5. His vision, feet, and ability to catch and run routes are mind-boggling. Chubb will be a very fine fantasy player, but Hunt is definitely gonna take TDs from him. Chubb obviously ain't no slouch in the red zone, but Hunt is almost impossible to defend. 

5 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

You're absolutely right. But here's the thing, Hunt is an absolute nightmare in the red zone, especially inside the 5. His vision, feet, and ability to catch and run routes are mind-boggling. Chubb will be a very fine fantasy player, but Hunt is definitely gonna take TDs from him. Chubb obviously ain't no slouch in the red zone, but Hunt is almost impossible to defend. 

It's a nice problem to have, especially when it comes to injuries. If Chubb does miss some time, they won't miss much with Hunt in there. 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 1:24 PM, Icecube said:

It's a nice problem to have, especially when it comes to injuries. If Chubb does miss some time, they won't miss much with Hunt in there. 

We should get some nice updates today. Team is going full pads and I can't wait to see how our rookie does against Myles Garrett. Apparently Wills is struggling, but that's to be expected. He won't get a break against Myles, that's for sure. 

I hope we keep hearing good things about our RBs. This offense is all about running and passing off the play-action. Let's goooo.