THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker admits some things

Icecube

Baker will be fine! No blame placing on others by him. He takes responsibility for his shortcomings & is obviously also taking action. I still say the kid is the "Real Deal" & we'll not regret his being a Brown.

Mike

• Upvote 4

It was really nice to hear him say these things. Last year was such a crap show for so many reasons and he definitely got caught up in the drama. It could honestly turn out to be the best thing to ever happen to him. He needs to stay healthy, make better decisions, and fix his accuracy issues (throwing high). I believe in him, but week 1 is likely to be a nightmare. 

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

It was really nice to hear him say these things. Last year was such a crap show for so many reasons and he definitely got caught up in the drama. It could honestly turn out to be the best thing to ever happen to him. He needs to stay healthy, make better decisions, and fix his accuracy issues (throwing high). I believe in him, but week 1 is likely to be a nightmare. 

I really feel he means what he said. And it was right on the $. He's more focused, less cocky. OL better, Hooper...Chubb, OBJ looking for redemption...Landry. 

• Upvote 2

It's got to be the hardest position to play in all of sports.Well,, unless your a boxer 🥊..Defensive coaches eat your game tape alive all year..They know your every move..Where your eyes go👀 and some even admit to the media & themselves? They are seeing ghost..👻 

Baker- Lost myself "Not finding out what was working. I tried different ways of trying to have Success & Didn't find it" Well here's a good confession, that a good OC's like Josh McDaniels or Eric Bieniemy would have jumped all over on...The all 22's... Most, like us, could have torn those things apart of Baker's bad decision making...  

Nothings was said about Baker stating he "did not need coached"..And that's a scary statement.. And like Todd Monken? Alex Van Pelt needs to be told if he's the Offensive Cord.? or the 1 ear to Baker as a QB coach? stay tuned..And quit the QB coaching drama 👎

I can give Baker a pass for last year.  His first year he went from a full college season, to training for the combine, NFL mini caps and a full NFL season.

That is 2 years of non stop football.  Had to be pretty exhausting.  He goes in to the off season after his rookie year.  He wanted to kick back a little, but is getting married.  That means a lot of wedding plans, dinners, parties, honeymoon.  It's easy to turn 10 lbs of lean in to 15 lbs of flab.  Add that to the Kitchens debacle, it's no wonder.

Looking at the videos, he seems to have it turned around.  I am not worried about  Baker.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

I can give Baker a pass for last year.  His first year he went from a full college season, to training for the combine, NFL mini caps and a full NFL season.

That is 2 years of non stop football.  Had to be pretty exhausting.  He goes in to the off season after his rookie year.  He wanted to kick back a little, but is getting married.  That means a lot of wedding plans, dinners, parties, honeymoon.  It's easy to turn 10 lbs of lean in to 15 lbs of flab.  Add that to the Kitchens debacle, it's no wonder.

Looking at the videos, he seems to have it turned around.  I am not worried about  Baker.

If he had the same attitude as last year, I'd be worried. But he said he has learned some things, and he needed to. And yes, getting married is all that you say. 

• Upvote 1

Baker still has a lot to prove.. I hear a lot of people say.. "Baker can't read defenses"... Well if he can't... He better damn well learn how...  I'm not a fan of Stefanski , not installing an audible system for the QB position.... I like Baker's overall skill set and his incredible arm when he's on... I like our offense overall... The defense however leaves me skeptical...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Baker still has a lot to prove.. I hear a lot of people say.. "Baker can't read defenses"... Well if he can't... He better damn well learn how...  I'm not a fan of Stefanski , not installing an audible system for the QB position.... I like Baker's overall skill set and his incredible arm when he's on... I like our offense overall... The defense however leaves me skeptical...

Where/who are you hearing all these voices saying Baker can't read defenses?   Or are just being very Sybillian? 

And how do you know whether or not you are or are not a fan of Stefanski, when we have not seen him call one play yet in actual competition?  I understand being skeptical about any Browns coach ....given the track record lately;   but, just maybe his deal will work?  So I think it is at least prudent to reserve judgment. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Where/who are you hearing all these voices saying Baker can't read defenses?   Or are just being very Sybillian? 

And how do you know whether or not you are or are not a fan of Stefanski, when we have not seen him call one play yet in actual competition?  I understand being skeptical about any Browns coach ....given the track record lately;   but, just maybe his deal will work?  So I think it is at least prudent to reserve judgment. 

I don't owe you any explanation.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nickers said:

I don't owe you any explanation.

Then we will ALL conclude that you just made shit up, as usual.  Or that it was one of your multiple personalities that spoke to you. 

Nevertheless...it means that what you said is not credible, and that you lie.    So now we know. 

• Haha 1

On 8/21/2020 at 2:47 AM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Fat boy best bring it this year.😁

Fatboy Slim?

Let's hope Baker is really our weapon of choice for the future.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, The Gipper said:

In fact, Sybil,  I think maybe that the Nickers persona and the Icecube persona could actually be  one and the same physical corpus!  

Sybil haven't seen that movie in many years.  Shocking in it's time.

16 hours ago, The Gipper said:

What is this from?  A movie, or is it just a video featuring CW?

And I notice that it has some Dune lyric  references  "don't attract a worm"

Videoclip of a song by Fatboy Slim. An amazing videoclip, I must say. 

• Upvote 1

Is anyone going to discuss the fact that Baker doesn't look very good so far? I know he hasn't gotten much work and he doesn't always have his full compliment of weapons, but I'm starting to worry. The Ravens cometh...amd cometh SOON. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Is anyone going to discuss the fact that Baker doesn't look very good so far? I know he hasn't gotten much work and he doesn't always have his full compliment of weapons, but I'm starting to worry. The Ravens cometh...amd cometh SOON. 

Wouldn't it be a kicker if the Browns upset them? I really think getting them early helps, enough? Probably not. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Icecube said:

Wouldn't it be a kicker if the Browns upset them? I really think getting them early helps, enough? Probably not. 

I hope you're right!