THE BROWNS BOARD

So... Trump Just Said It Out Loud (Mail In Voting)

MLD Woody

The thing that was already incredibly obvious:

- Trump attacks mail in voting

- Trump appoints Trump donor without USPS experience to lead the USPS

- USPS then begins to cut back affecting their ability to perform their job

and now he openly says he's looking to hold back funding that will directly weaken the USPS's ability to handle upcoming historically high mail in voting levels due to the pandemic

this... this couldn't be any more obvious, right? I know those with their heads up Trump's ass will never admit this, but for those in the middle, this has to be pretty apparent... 

so the response here will be meme's and "TDS" from the MAGA morons... but my god. The plot to suppress voters couldn't be any  more obvious

what is obvious that the op is a slanted bit of the story. The TRUTH is:

https://www.ibtimes.com/whats-wrong-us-postal-service-5-things-know-309790

What's Wrong With the U.S. Postal Service: 5 Things to Know

The U.S. Postal Service may lose $10 billion this fiscal year ending Sept. 30, and the agency is nearing default. It even has the potential to close, if Congress doesn't step in with help.

The USPS is trying to downsize by attempting to reduce one-fifth of its workforce, closing 3,700 branches across the U.S. and taking over its employee benefits now run through the federal government.

Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe appeared by before a Congressional committee Tuesday to talk about the problems and ask for help from Congress so the agency can avoid default and perhaps even a shutdown.

But the agency is facing so many issues suddenly that fixing them all through Congress may prove a difficult task.

Here's what's wrong the the United States Postal Service:

1. Faster-than-expected sales declines due to evaporation of First Class mail. Many argued years ago that the computer as we first knew it would kill our need for paper. But they were wrong. If anything, the first computer increased our reliance upon paper.

But then came the smartphone and tablets, social media and the sophistication of online bill pay. Fewer people need First Class mail. They send e-mail letters, connect with Facebook, and pay bills online. And the trend is growing fast, leaving the USPS with a bloated structure trying to downsize -- but the agency can't do it fast enough.

2. Price increase limitations. In September 2010, postal regulators denied requests by the USPS to increase postage rates in January 2011. The reason given was this: The postal service's financial woes are caused by a flawed business model and not the recession. Thus, a request by the USPS to raise postage rates on First Class mail, periodicals and other services beyond the rate of inflation was denied.

So while the postage stamp remains one of America's best bargains, it comes at a significant cost to the postal service. With First Class mail volume in decline, a price hike is needed to get business in order while the system is restructured. But in a period of low inflation following the recession, the postal service cannot raise the price of stamps and other services.

3. Too many costly retail units. The postal service is in the midst of a retraction plan, shedding retail units across the country and eliminating jobs. But it isn't happening fast enough. The postal service has found that contract retail units, with core operational costs managed by an independent proprietor, work well.

That's why the agency wants to close 3,700 branches throughout the U.S. But by the time that happens, that number will already be much larger.

But such contract postal outlets, while cost-efficient, also come under fire when the post office tries to close them. It is politically incorrect to close down community post offices and postal workers don't like the move, since it eliminates jobs. Still, it's the path the post office has taken in recent years. The only problem is that federal bureaucracy makes the process far too slow to keep up with slowing business due to fast-moving technology.

4. A federal law forcing the USPS to pre-fund its retiree health benefits. This is perhaps the most pressing issue facing the postal service. Expected to post a deficit this year nearing $10 billion, the postal service, which doesn't receive a dime of federal taxpayer subsidy, must pay the government roughly $5.5 billion annually. A payment is due Sept. 30.

The payment began in 2006 due to a law passed at that time -- when the postal service was profitable -- which requires the postal service to prepay benefits costs to the federal government since many of its employees are within the government's retirement system.

The USPS doesn't have that money this year, and a payment is due at the end of September. The postal service wants help from Congress to change the law, allowing the USPS to take over its pension and health care benefits directly for its 480,000 retirees and 600,000 active workers.

But Congress is under pressure from postal service worker unions to avoid such a move, making it a political hot potato. One union spokesman representing the American Postal Workers has said crushing postal workers and slashing service will not solve [the USPS'] financial crisis.

Still, something must be done. Either Congress must take over the payment or allow the postal service to manage benefits, or else the USPS will default.

5. Bureaucratic struggle. The USPS is a standalone agency. Many think the postal service is a direct function of the federal government; it's not. Because the postal service does not receive federal subsidies, it is an independent agency -- or a pseudo-government agency, if you will.

Still, the postal service is plagued by bureaucratic inefficiencies because it relies upon a direct tie to the federal government. Therefore, while the agency seems to understands the problems with its business model, fixing those problems meets bureaucratic resistance. Congress thrashed about during debt ceiling negotiations, for instance, and postal cuts and solutions are a similar hot potato since union jobs are involved, and postal units slated for closing in legislative districts.

https://www.politico.com/news/agenda/2020/04/16/the-right-way-to-bail-out-the-post-office-190271

The USPS is a financial disaster. They say they need 75 BILLION to keep going?  It is NOT A GOVERNMENT AGENCY,

so they SHOULD be run like a freaking BUSINESS. They have been badly managed, and now they whine about changes?

and the dems want mail voting so badly for voter fraud in their favor, of course, that millions and millions and millions of mail in ballots would slam the USPS into oblivion.

Nope. Not President Trump's fault. The op is just dishonest.

Nice job Woody you even used the Facebook title.

But he is correct the post office is really not capable of effectively handling vote-by-mail. The place was absolutely fraught with mistakes even before today. If anybody is willing to be honest how often wish your male fucked up over the last year or two? I've personally gotten at least two missed deliveries a month.

WSS

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

The thing that was already incredibly obvious:

- Trump attacks mail in voting

- Trump appoints Trump donor without USPS experience to lead the USPS

- USPS then begins to cut back affecting their ability to perform their job

and now he openly says he's looking to hold back funding that will directly weaken the USPS's ability to handle upcoming historically high mail in voting levels due to the pandemic

this... this couldn't be any more obvious, right? I know those with their heads up Trump's ass will never admit this, but for those in the middle, this has to be pretty apparent... 

so the response here will be meme's and "TDS" from the MAGA morons... but my god. The plot to suppress voters couldn't be any  more obvious

U.S. Postal Service to award $6.3B contract for new mail truck this year.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/u-s-postal-service-new-mail-truck

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Nice job Woody you even used the Facebook title.

But he is correct the post office is really not capable of effectively handling vote-by-mail. The place was absolutely fraught with mistakes even before today. If anybody is willing to be honest how often wish your male fucked up over the last year or two? I've personally gotten at least two missed deliveries a month.

WSS

So put one of his cronies in charge to cut back work and then hold back funding needed to effectively handle mail in voting? He's just making sure it's bad....

It's just funny seeing all of the new excuses Trump fans need to come up with in am attempt to defend him at every turn. 

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

So put one of his cronies in charge to cut back work and then hold back funding needed to effectively handle mail in voting? He's just making sure it's bad....

It's just funny seeing all of the new excuses Trump fans need to come up with in am attempt to defend him at every turn. 

U.S. Postal Service to award $6.3B contract for new mail truck this year.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/u-s-postal-service-new-mail-truck

The only thing I like less than a privileged, spoiled, overpaid athlete telling me what to think, is an overpaid, self absorbed, hypercritical Hollyweirdo.  

• Upvote 2

this is why the left haters demand mail in voting -

they want to cloward-piven the USPS.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/usps-warns-pennsylvania-mail-in-ballots

USPS warns Pennsylvania — a crucial swing state — that it can't guarantee timely delivery of mail-in ballots

That's a problem

2 hours ago, Vambo said:

image.thumb.png.daabbcb7121667de87f4a422901e25e4.png

Jamie Lee Curtis warns of Trump fans stealing mail trucks to win 2020: 'Let's not let it happen!'

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/aug/12/jamie-lee-curtis-warns-of-trump-fans-stealing-mail/

yeah, this is stupid. What a dumb conspiracy theory

anyway.... did you see the latest Q Post!!!????

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Everything is being examined at this point. The post office is not very well run and is not very efficient. Get as mad as you want. I'm sure you'll be bellyaching when Joe Biden is appointing his cronies. 

Funny how you blindly support something as poorly run as the post office.

WSS

40 minutes ago, D Bone said:

The only thing I like less than a privileged, spoiled, overpaid athlete telling me what to think, is an overpaid, self absorbed, hypercritical Hollyweirdo.  

Sure. Even with some sweeping generalizations in there, I get the sentiment. You also always have the option to not watch.

And the ironic thing here is that for some other posters on here that will like your post, the second description you provided is pretty damn close to Trump.

Just now, MLD Woody said:

Where did I "blindly support" the post office?

fully supporting the stupid idea of mail in ballots, sending them out based on voter registration lists that are not up to date, and dems sue to keep them that way.

The USPS SAYS it can't handle the volume up front.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Sure. Even with some sweeping generalizations in there, I get the sentiment. You also always have the option to not watch.

And the ironic thing here is that for some other posters on here that will like your post, the second description you provided is pretty damn close to Trump.

Look, the USPS has fiscal problems due to the virtual disappearance of first class mail,  and pre funding of retirement benefits. However, this is NOT the time to go screwing with it right before the election.  

LeJoy is a Trump appointed lackey (with conflicts of interest) owns millions in UPS stock. This is a blatant attempt by Trump to illegally suppress mail in voting.  Over a debunked claim of voter fraud. Not only  that, was mentioned the VA uses the post office to get prescribed medications to  it's  members. 

Oh, I can dig up a few pictures of trucks making the rounds picking up mail boxes,  and there's reports LeJoy is decommissioning some automated mail sorting machines. Throwing a few well placed monkey wrenches into the works to slow things down. Add in his hiring  freeze (with hundreds of postal workers out with covid) and no overtime to  pick up the slack, I'm beyond disgusted.  

Four more years? More like can we survive four more months.

15 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Look, the USPS has fiscal problems due to the virtual disappearance of first class mail,  and pre funding of retirement benefits. However, this is NOT the time to go screwing with it right before the election.  

LeJoy is a Trump appointed lackey (with conflicts of interest) owns millions in UPS stock. This is a blatant attempt by Trump to illegally suppress mail in voting.  Over a debunked claim of voter fraud. Not only  that, was mentioned the VA uses the post office to get prescribed medications to  it's  members. 

Oh, I can dig up a few pictures of trucks making the rounds picking up mail boxes,  and there's reports LeJoy is decommissioning some automated mail sorting machines. Throwing a few well placed monkey wrenches into the works to slow things down. Add in his hiring  freeze (with hundreds of postal workers out with covid) and no overtime to  pick up the slack, I'm beyond disgusted.  

Four more years? More like can we survive four more months.

baloney-meter.gif

• Upvote 1

and, of course, the USPS employees union says it will support Biden. because Pres Trump won't give them a giant bailout.

which, is dishonest bs...

they were going to support any democrat anyways.

the hell with USPS now.

But, it's ok, the NJ gov decided to go all in with mail in ballots.

that way, they can't lose, maybe they can't win, but they can't lose.

the left demands crises, they live by it, because there is no legit reason for them

to accrue the power they crave.

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

and, of course, the USPS employees union says it will support Biden. because Pres Trump won't give them a giant bailout.

which, is dishonest bs...

they were going to support any democrat anyways.

the hell with USPS now.

But, it's ok, the NJ gov decided to go all in with mail in ballots.

that way, they can't lose, maybe they can't win, but they can't lose.

the left demands crises, they live by it, because there is no legit reason for them

to accrue the power they crave.

The hell with someone so blind as to not being able to see Trump will do anything he can to rig the election... BTW- you're on ignore- Conspiracy Cal.... 

Got a new word for ya Cal- re-peach.... What happens when you impeach someone the second time for attempted mail fraud.... Historical....  Nothing in the Constitution that says you can't im-peach a crooked president an unlimited number of times.... Won't happen so close to the election- but it's been suggested Congress take another look at what this slime ball is doing. 

St. Barak...  ""Trump is actively trying to kneecap the postal service before the election"....  Biden- "Trump doesn't want an election" My edit- at least a fair one, with vote by mail... He's created BS about mail voting, and running with it..  Amazing- he's voting by mail again- what a f**king hypocrite.  Numerous state attorney generals calling for a Congressional investigation.... But just bury your head in the sand again MAGA-strich.... 

Here's your "Democracy" under Trump Cal.....   

Can't have those Democrats voting, ya know!!!!!  Snopes verified- so pound salt....  

Is the USPS removing mailboxes in Portland? | kgw.com

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

and, of course, the USPS employees union says it will support Biden. because Pres Trump won't give them a giant bailout.  Totally false! I'm 25 years in the Carriers Union

which, is dishonest bs... SO is This?   https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/amid-political-controversy-postmaster-generals-stock-holdings-renewed/story?id=72374726   

they were going to support any democrat anyways. False Again!

the hell with USPS now.  Do just brown trucks bring all your parcels to the door? I own one..A brown Chevy Colorado 🙃 for their rented postal vehicle 

Then GOD BLESS YA. I love getting mail, especially when it's something important I was hoping to have come in.

1. If my first point is false, I'm sorry, but I read a lot. Is it not true?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/usps-workers-union-endorses-biden-citing-threat-to-postal-service-survival/ar-BB17Yyxi?ocid=uxbndlbing

Postal carriers union endorses Biden, warns that 'survival ...https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/...21 hours ago · Postal carriers union endorses Biden, warns that 'survival' of USPS is at stake The endorsement comes after the president's resistance to Postal Service funding, amid his fight against expanded...

USPS Union Gives Biden, Harris Endorsement as Trump Says ...https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/usps-union...USPS Union Gives Biden, Harris Endorsement as Trump Says He Opposed More Funding for Agency Joe Biden has received the endorsement of the National Association of Letter Carriers on …

2. As to my second point, I did overstate it, but look at the trend:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/postal-service-broke-law-in-pushing-time-off-for-workers-to-campaign-for-clinton-investigation-finds/2017/07/19/3292741c-6ca0-11e7-b9e2-2056e768a7e5_story.html

However, I am sure a lot of poster workers, who do work hard, voted for Pres Trump and VP Pence last time. I'm not talking about the rank and file, I'm talking about the UNION. Remember, my Wife is very conservative, and there was a time when she was badgered aggressively, got hostile about it in her face...... by their union rep because she wouldn't say she'd be voting for the dem running for pres. Her friends/teachers jumped all over her and said she'd better apologize fast before I found out. LOL.

So, I differentiate between the union, and rank and file members. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

3. I mispoke - I should have said "to hell with the USPS UNION".

It's strange to me - plenty of people in a union don't vote the way they are told, but what the heck is up with union hierarchies being so democrat oriented? Just my take on that.