THE BROWNS BOARD

How to watch Browns games?

ballpeen

OK guys, gals, I am a older Dawg.  I don't know all the in's and out's of the net.  I go to a couple of Browns message boards, this being one, dawgtalkers being the other, look at the usual news sources, and to be honest, maybe look at a naked woman now and then...like you don't, right?

I opted out of my season tickets for the year.  If the Browns play, I still want to watch games but I don't want to head out to a sports bar to watch them.  I am over 70 and have some health issues that put me at higher risk.  I don't want to catch the grunge, and to be honest, don't want to wear a mask all afternoon.  It's enough just wearing it in and out of the grocery store.

How best to watch on my computer?  I don't mind paying money to watch.  Money isn't an issue.  Can you buy the "Ticket" for on line?  Is there a streaming service I should check out?

I want something reliable.  I don't want to sit down to watch the game then have to dick around for a hour to find it and then it fades in and out.  I want to go to a site and watch the game.  I don't want to have to hunt around or get cut out at some point.  I just want to sit down with  2-3  beers in a cooler, half sub and watch the first half.  Go to take a leak, get a few more beers and the other half of the sub and watch the 2nd half.  I like things easy at this point.  I don't like complications.  Screw complications. I dealt with those for 40 years.  I just want to watch the dang game.

Any suggestions?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

From my experience, watching it live on your computer is a genuine PITA.  You have to go to these sketchy sites, with popups all over the friggin place, malware, etc.  You can't even find HOW to close the friggin pop-ups so you're constantly fighting the site(s) to try and watch a game.   I gave up and just listened to it on Internet radio.

You could do the rip-off Sunday Ticket if you've got direct TV.  One year I did the Game Pass thing (Rewind, it was called) where you pay around $100 and can watch the game the next day.  I'd still listen to us get beat on Internet radio...and then wouldn't even want to WATCH us get beat the next day.

Because I've been a Direct TV subscriber, and opted out (the new catch-phrase) of Sunday Ticket years ago, they've given me the ticket for free this year.  

Good luck!

First,  I don't know what PITA means, and I understand streaming sites suck.  I appreciate your input, but is there a way to get games or not?  I was pretty clear i don't mind  paying.

Some years ago I could buy preseason games and watch them

5 hours ago, ballpeen said:

OK guys, gals, I am a older Dawg.  I don't know all the in's and out's of the net.  I go to a couple of Browns message boards, this being one, dawgtalkers being the other, look at the usual news sources, and to be honest, maybe look at a naked woman now and then...like you don't, right?

I opted out of my season tickets for the year.  If the Browns play, I still want to watch games but I don't want to head out to a sports bar to watch them.  I am over 70 and have some health issues that put me at higher risk.  I don't want to catch the grunge, and to be honest, don't want to wear a mask all afternoon.  It's enough just wearing it in and out of the grocery store.

How best to watch on my computer?  I don't mind paying money to watch.  Money isn't an issue.  Can you buy the "Ticket" for on line?  Is there a streaming service I should check out?

I want something reliable.  I don't want to sit down to watch the game then have to dick around for a hour to find it and then it fades in and out.  I want to go to a site and watch the game.  I don't want to have to hunt around or get cut out at some point.  I just want to sit down with a 2-3  beers in a cooler, half sub and watch the first half.  Go to take a leak, get a few more beers and the other half of the sub and watch the 2nd half.  I like things easy at this point.  I don't like complications.  Screw complications. I dealt with those for 40 years.  I just want to watch the dang game.

Any suggestions?

Since fans can't go to games, we are encouraged not to go to bars, and not everyone can have an outdated satellite attached to their home, I am expecting the NFL to make a major announcement regarding streaming games this year. Probably through NFL game pass, or maybe AT&T,  which owns Direct TV. It will be more accessible,  just hasn't been announced yet.

Z

--I get every single MLB game for 24.99 a month, would be willing to pay more for NFL.

• Thanks 1

Thanks John.  I was hoping to hear that, even if it hasn't happened at this point.

I want to watch games.  

I look forward to seeing you again, looking you in the eye and saying, To The Lot!    LOL.    I know you do as well.

It reminds me of Stanley.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

Peen, I've pretty much have tried all the streaming sites from NC. They all* come with issues. Had more luck with Reddit, but surely this season the NFL mafia will shut these links down. Seeing it's their only source of income. The most success with no issues? Was the preseason package on the NFL site. So like Zombo post above^^ Wait & see what shakes out..I got my 294 dollar bill yesterday with 6 payments to go on my card..With no discussion of what happens if games are lost? I'd expect some smoke clearing shortly..my guess & hope is? maybe the NFL secure site will let a Packer fan buy only the Packer game? And Browns fans buy Browns/game? 

I've told AT&T, to hold up on those payments till my TV & your programming list, see's games scheduled for showing of week 1 games with channel options... Good Luck, to all on this matter!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I want something reliable.  I don't want to sit down to watch the game then have to dick around for a hour to find it and then it fades in and out.  I want to go to a site and watch the game.  I don't want to have to hunt around or get cut out at some point.  I just want to sit down with a 2-3  beers in a cooler, half sub and watch the first half.  Go to take a leak, get a few more beers and the other half of the sub and watch the 2nd half.  I like things easy at this point.  I don't like complications.  Screw complications. I dealt with those for 40 years.  I just want to watch the dang game.

Any suggestions?

When I left NEO I went with DirectTv and I was a long time customer until AT&T took over and they developed AT&T way of poor customer service and scamming people. 

Last year I did a Streaming Service to watch the games I found it on Amazon.  Pretty good device especially if you like sports.  You need a good internet speed though otherwise it will cut out.   I get The Cleveland Local stations thus I get the games.  I mute the TV and I have Browns Radio App. Where I listen to Donovan and Dieken.  I’m just a picky guy when it comes to watching the games but I try to make it out of the house to attend a game a year too. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

First,  I don't know what PITA means, and I understand streaming sites suck.  I appreciate your input, but is there a way to get games or not?  I was pretty clear i don't mind  paying.

PITA    Pain In The Ass

• Upvote 1

For the 2020 Indians STO has 57 of 60 games with FOX and ESPN having the others.  The NCAA Football is pretty much gone this year.  I don't watch the NBA NHL NASCAR and the Olympics is the NBC group come hell or high water in 2021 in Tokyo who's sunk mega millions in to it already.

I also expect the NFL to step up with streaming options in 2020......if there's really going to be a season.

So that leaves me with PBS, history, discovery, Smithsonian plus playing cards or chess online.     :lol:

7 hours ago, ballpeen said:

7 hours ago, ballpeen said:

....Pita...

PAIN

IN

THE

ASS

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

With your eyes...  (Dad Jokes)

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

With your eyes...  (Dad Jokes)

LOL   And as an experienced dad, how about I just smack you upside the  head?    Dads do that.

All in the name of love Tia.   I hope you get it.  No disrespect intended.  Just a Dad slapping his son on the side of the head when the son is acting like a boner.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

LOL   And as an experienced dad, how about I just smack you upside the  head?    Dads do that.

All in the name of love Tia.   I hope you get it.  No disrespect intended.  Just a Dad slapping his son on the side of the head when the son is acting like a boner.

Trust me bubs, no offense taken.  All in love.  

• Thanks 1