THE BROWNS BOARD

Njoku Back In

Dutch Oven

1 hour ago, nickers said:

I like some of Njoku's "Skill set" if we can call it that.... He's got decent size and speed...Some TE's take as long as 4-5 years to get into their groove.. I mean.. Let's look at Zydrunas Ilgauskas for example... After all of those foot injuries... Did anyone honestly thing he would turn in a championship career?.. I certainly did not... However.. Since it was Rosenhaus he chose... He basically inked his football career death.....

He was on his way to "career death"before hiring Drew. Now this is a last ditch attempt to get a 2nd, large contract, but he's never shown anything to garner such.  What team is going to:

1.) Trade daft picks for a TE who scored 1 TD last year. 

2.) Give a top 10 TE $ to a guy who has basically done nothing for 3 years. 

1 minute ago, Icecube said:

No, that's a garbage source that you can't trust. None of it is true. You can't prove it. 

Maybe not Cube, you can't either.   Maybe it wasn't a year.  Maybe since the end of the draft and free agency.

1 minute ago, Icecube said:

He was on his way to "career death"before hiring Drew. Now this is a last ditch attempt to get a 2nd, large contract, but he's never shown anything to garner such.  What team is going to:

1.) Trade daft picks for a TE who scored 1 TD last year. 

2.) Give a top 10 TE $ to a guy who has basically done nothing for 3 years. 

I agree Cube.  He has to get out of here to have any shot at a big payday.  I don't blame him or his agent.  I don't think he is a malcontent.  You have to try to protect your interests and being here isn't in his best interests.Between Hooper and Hunt, they steal 85% of David's targets.  Guys catching 20-30 balls a season don't get big money.  They live on 1 year deals at minimum pay plus a few incentives..   When you are a pass catching TE with questionable hands, it isn't a good combination.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

I agree Cube.  He has to get out of here to have any shot at a big payday.  I don't blame him or his agent.  I don't think he is a malcontent.  You have to try to protect your interests and being here isn't in his best interests.Between Hooper and Hunt, they steal 85% of David's targets.  Guys catching 20-30 balls a season don't get big money.  They live on 1 year deals at minimum pay plus a few incentives..   When you are a pass catching TE with questionable hands, it isn't a good combination.

Agree to all. When you are a known weak-blocking TE, you better catch everything near you. He has not. "Athletic ability" does not always translate to "football player."

• Upvote 2

I did so want to see what Stef could do with Njoku in his TE friendly offense....as opposed to Freddie.  It's obvious, however, that the new FO and HC invested somewhat heavily in the TE position since taking over the team.  That doesn't show a whole lot of faith in Njoku.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

He was really never that good, he was more about potential with good length, size and speed. His hands were always questionable. To be honest, who have the Browns had worth a damn at TE since Ozzie? Seth Devalue? He was devalued. Malcolm Johnson? Randal Telfer? Brad Smelley? Pee u. Jordan Cameron? Had a nice 2013 and then what happened to him? He looked like a beast that season. Martin Rucker? Winslow Jr? One of the all time worst draft busts in Browns' history. Didn't he just get locked up for raping an 80-year old? Darnell Sanders? James Dearth? He was a real dearth of talent. If you're a TE and Cleveland drafts you, you're toast. They finally waved the white flat and signed a FA to turn the TE spot around. 

6 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

I'm interested to see what Berry does here. Njoku has no leverage. He's under contract for 2 more years. Plus, he was hurt last year so his stats aren't exactly glowing. I would tell Rosenhaus that they are welcome to seek a trade with another team but if it doesn't start with a 2nd round pick, then I'm not interested. It's not that I think Njoku has that sort of value right now, as I don't think the Browns could get more than a 4th rounder, 3rd at best, but it's setting the standard for future players with this regime. In addition, there is no reason to cave to him. If there is one position group on this team that is easily replaceable, it's the tight ends. yes, stefanski loves them, but that also means he can develop them. Look at MN last year. No 1000 yard TE and none caught more than 75 balls. It was spread out. Plus, i think players such as Carlson are just as effective in this scheme

I have seen various scenarios, all are speculation and manufactured with no credibility) but I'm not sure which is realistic:

Njoku and a 3rd rounder for Ngakuoe? still have to pay Ngakuoe

Hassan Riddick plus a 4th for Njoku? Trading for potential

Jamal Adams for Njoku and 2021 & 2022 2nd rounders? Still have to pay Adams

Njoku to cowboys for a 4th rounder...I've seen this deal for Washington as well

Excellent assessment.

Id rather keep Njoku for a year- let him play with a chip and play like he’s trying to get his next contract.  It’s Time for the Browns to be on the other side of this.   You are getting pennies on the dollar by dealing him now with the season in somewhat jeopardy and his performance the past two years.  

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Excellent assessment.

Id rather keep Njoku for a year- let him play with a chip and play like he’s trying to get his next contract.  It’s Time for the Browns to be on the other side of this.   You are getting pennies on the dollar by dealing him now with the season in somewhat jeopardy and his performance the past two years.  

apparently, his value is said to be less than a third round pick. I agree, keep him, make him play, if he screws it up, he never gets a big payday. If he does play great, which I doubt, he is worth a higher draft pick.

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

To be honest, who have the Browns had worth a damn at TE since Ozzie?

Aside from Gary Barnidge, we had Benjamin Watson for a year or two.  A good receiver, blocker and a great guy.  But for some reason we let him walk and go on to have many very productive years.  Obviously, we've had people that didn't understand the TE position very well.  Except for that season with DePhlippo & Barnidge.

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2020 at 4:41 PM, Icecube said:

You don't know this, it's a fake source. You're just saying this because you don't like him. He loves being in Cleveland and wants to play his entire career there. 

Is this a real take? He's definitely asking for a trade. I've seen it from multiple sources. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

apparently, his value is said to be less than a third round pick. I agree, keep him, make him play, if he screws it up, he never gets a big payday. If he does play great, which I doubt, he is worth a higher draft pick.

A 3rd????

Wow.  That would be an overpay.  I’d take it if offered. That’s not pennies on the dollar and if you really think about it you could probably find a more football talented TE in 2021 draft in the third round that you would have control of for four years.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Icecube said:

You weren't around, this post is sarcasm. When I suggested OBJ wanted to be traded, Dutch endlessly said it wasn't true. 

And he made up fictional stories about fictional sources to try and defend it, which is why he's ignored what tia just said about him when tia posted it, and when I reposted it... trust me, MANY posters on this board had a field day making fun of poor lil' Icecube for this. Then he doubled down on his lying by saying that I was a Josh Gordon fan back in 2014 when he was laying Hoyer out to dry, which of course when pressed he could not back up, considering this was three years before I was on this board. This is Icecube's M.O.  

Seriously Vagitron, he's a clown. 

6 hours ago, Icecube said:

You weren't around, this post is sarcasm. When I suggested OBJ wanted to be traded, Dutch endlessly said it wasn't true. 

That post only "became sarcasm" after I posted Adam Schefter's Twitter showing the trade request to be reality.

Dutch endlessly [and correctly] said the OBJ trade request wasn't true after Icecube kept quoting Colin Cowherd as his reliable source for the request.

At this point the default opinion for anything Icecube posts has to be that it's going to be wrong.. even his opinions of himself.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

A 3rd????

Wow.  That would be an overpay.  I’d take it if offered. That’s not pennies on the dollar and if you really think about it you could probably find a more football talented TE in 2021 draft in the third round that you would have control of for four years.

Well, I did say "less than a third"... meaning fourth or fifth...a party pizza from East of Chicago....a pickup truck bed full of root beer.....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

That post only "became sarcasm" after I posted Adam Schefter's Twitter showing the trade request to be reality.

Dutch endlessly [and correctly] said the OBJ trade request wasn't true after Icecube kept quoting Colin Cowherd as his reliable source for the request.

At this point the default opinion for anything Icecube posts has to be that it's going to be wrong.. even his opinions of himself.

Oh, because you say so, huh? LMFAO

On 7/5/2020 at 7:25 PM, Icecube said:

He was really never that good, he was more about potential with good length, size and speed. His hands were always questionable. To be honest, who have the Browns had worth a damn at TE since Ozzie?  

Your well aware of Collins game... 

Where's Colin right? & where's Colin Wrong*? ?  (and the first turd that comes out his mouth? "Very talented TE" won't count)    

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Your well aware of Collins game... 

Where's Colin right? & where's Colin Wrong*? ?  (and the first turd that comes out his mouth? "Very talented TE" won't count)    

He’s usually a turd but he’s right on all accounts. 

• Upvote 1

I agree.  Add in David isn't going to get a big contract from us.  You can't afford to have 2 TE's on big contracts.  I doubt we would have signed him again.  Get what you can get and move on.

Fowler claims Njoku has wanted out for over a year

I'd rather have the young athlete for a season and see what we can get out of him.. An equivalent player won't be available at the level of the pick(s) we'd get for him.

If we get a fourth, that fourth would inevitably be.. Howard Wilson - drafted, then injury/retired.

On 7/6/2020 at 7:17 AM, Dutch Oven said:

And he made up fictional stories about fictional sources to try and defend it, which is why he's ignored what tia just said about him when tia posted it, and when I reposted it... trust me, MANY posters on this board had a field day making fun of poor lil' Icecube for this. Then he doubled down on his lying by saying that I was a Josh Gordon fan back in 2014 when he was laying Hoyer out to dry, which of course when pressed he could not back up, considering this was three years before I was on this board. This is Icecube's M.O.  

Seriously Vagitron, he's a clown. 

Your MO is playing Grammar Nazi while not even spelling words correctly, all the while. Just because you make up theories you act is if it makes them true. God help your parents. You've been curb stomped so much in here you believe your own delusions. No one needs your opinions told to them as fact. Those dudes own your head space. You're like a petulant child, throwing tantrums while jettisoning spittle out your stink hole. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Fowler claims Njoku has wanted out for over a year

I'd rather have the young athlete for a season and see what we can get out of him.. An equivalent player won't be available at the level of the pick(s) we'd get for him.

If we get a fourth, that fourth would inevitably be.. Howard Wilson - drafted, then injury/retired.

In this case, a 4th-round pick would likely be as good as or better than New Joke. 

31 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Your MO is playing Grammar Nazi while not even spelling words correctly, all the while. Just because you make up theories you act is if it makes them true. God help your parents. You've been curb stomped so much in here you believe your own delusions. No one needs your opinions told to them as fact. Those dudes own your head space. You're like a petulant child, throwing tantrums while jettisoning spittle out your stink hole. 

http://thebrownsboard.com/topic/55780-trying-to-move-obj/

The highlights of this thread: nickers calling Icecube's thread a waste of time, Icecube going Grammar Nazi on Gipper (whaaaaaaaat?), the amount of posters literally laughing at Icecube, and the completely idiotic rhyming nonsense Icecube spurts at tia.... It sounded like something Eminem would come up with if he had a stroke. 😄 

🤓 Let's get busy here Berry... We've seen this 'trade me' act at last years training camp👀 Though I'd like you to move Joke to the giants new TE coach named Kitchens :).. I've moved on to the Rosenhaus game plan of 'Make both teams feel Rosie all over" 

Browns already own 10 picks in the 2021 draft..We also own a extra 3rd/4th & 5th round picks already.. Berry & Stef requesting a 1st ain't going to happen. And the media hounds say take the 4th for Nojoke & be happy...This screams to wait till camps open & see what other disgruntles don't show🤔 Disgrunt Player for unknown disgrunt player may fit verse taking the extra pick..happens almost every camp opening

But just in case Rosie is logged in..Next years TE draft class looks solid..and Several TE needy teams show to have two picks in the 3rd rd. While some have playoff hopes this season...Dallas/both LA teams/Vikings/Pats/Titans & that nameless team in Washington all have extra 3rd's...and I'd take that later 3rd from Washington for David..Most good draft books would say "A late 3rd rounder should beat that 4th'..

GB/Vikings & Belicheck own 3 picks in the 4th round

Meanwhile, I've found some requested Tia tape work on Harrison Bryant..And my question is? Why does everybody but Stephen Carlson & a few*... think Harrison will get more reps before S.Carlson does? https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/harrison-bryant-browns-njoku-trade  and we should careless who drafted the talent..the better talent stays & plays!        

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

🤓 Let's get busy here Berry... We've seen this 'trade me' act at last years training camp👀 Though I'd like you to move Joke to the giants new TE coach named Kitchens :).. I've moved on to the Rosenhaus game plan of 'Make both teams feel Rosie all over" 

Browns already own 10 picks in the 2021 draft..We also own a extra 3rd/4th & 5th round picks already.. Berry & Stef requesting a 1st ain't going to happen. And the media hounds say take the 4th for Nojoke & be happy...This screams to wait till camps open & see what other disgruntles don't show🤔 Disgrunt Player for unknown disgrunt player may fit verse taking the extra pick..happens almost every camp opening

But just in case Rosie is logged in..Next years TE draft class looks solid..and Several TE needy teams show to have two picks in the 3rd rd. While some have playoff hopes this season...Dallas/both LA teams/Vikings/Pats/Titans & that nameless team in Washington all have extra 3rd's...and I'd take that later 3rd from Washington for David..Most good draft books would say "A late 3rd rounder should beat that 4th'..

GB/Vikings & Belicheck own 3 picks in the 4th round

Meanwhile, I've found some requested Tia tape work on Harrison Bryant..And my question is? Why does everybody but Stephen Carlson & a few*... think Harrison will get more reps before S.Carlson does? https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/harrison-bryant-browns-njoku-trade  and we should careless who drafted the talent..the better talent stays & plays!        

Most of this is meaningless. Nu Joke is unlikely to do much, but if he's a malcontent, you got to broom him. You don't need a dude in the locker room ripping on the team. Of course, if they are super talented, you put up with more. 

5 hours ago, Icecube said:

Most of this is meaningless. Nu Joke is unlikely to do much, but if he's a malcontent, you got to broom him. You don't need a dude in the locker room ripping on the team. Of course, if they are super talented, you put up with more. 

First, there won't be a season in 2020.  When there's 63,000 new cases of Corona Virus in 1 day with positivity rates reaching 28% and 26% in 2 states while Florida is at about 20%.  If you work in health care, there's GIGANTIC concerns about the enormous rise in hospitalizations. If NFL Camps start in late July - this trend isn't good news at all.  Some NFL Teams have already had a few guys get the virus before they've even practiced together. Not many NFL formations on the line of scrimmage promote the spacing needed to limit the risk/spread of the virus.  

As for NuCuckoo, he's under contract with a golden opportunity in an offense that features the TE.  Rosenhaus will remain in his ear reminding him if he gets hurt in Cleveland - there won't be a good contract anywhere in 2021.  Having said that, it'll be up to the leadership here to remind him he will have the best audition stage of his short career for a new contract ahead.  If he's a brat, there's more than 1 way to remove him from the team while keeping hostage under contract (if that's the route he chooses).   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Icecube said:

Most of this is meaningless. Nu Joke is unlikely to do much,

somehow the Nu-coo-coo-Ka-choo! 😷 thread got to page 3.. what can ya expect?  rocks? sun? and a 3rd?  J4g0.gif        

6 hours ago, Flugel said:

First, there won't be a season in 2020.  When there's 63,000 new cases of Corona Virus in 1 day with positivity rates reaching 28% and 26% in 2 states while Florida is at about 20%.  If you work in health care, there's GIGANTIC concerns about the enormous rise in hospitalizations. If NFL Camps start in late July - this trend isn't good news at all.  Some NFL Teams have already had a few guys get the virus before they've even practiced together. Not many NFL formations on the line of scrimmage promote the spacing needed to limit the risk/spread of the virus.  

As for NuCuckoo, he's under contract with a golden opportunity in an offense that features the TE.  Rosenhaus will remain in his ear reminding him if he gets hurt in Cleveland - there won't be a good contract anywhere in 2021.  Having said that, it'll be up to the leadership here to remind him he will have the best audition stage of his short career for a new contract ahead.  If he's a brat, there's more than 1 way to remove him from the team while keeping hostage under contract (if that's the route he chooses).   

Last things first. Njoku has zero leverage to demand a trade. Looking at his contract, he still has no leverage. Vag is right,  after last season, trading him gives you pennies  on the dollar. All up to Berry  and  Stef if he's going to be a distraction or not. 

Regarding the season,  they're certainly going to try and play it- BUT. The Ravens took the lead, and I suspect all other NFL teams will fall in line. We got our letter from the  Browns yesterday.  The short of it was: You can keep your tickets, with no guarantees.  Or ask for a refund, or credit your payment to 2021 tickets. You keep your seats and seniority. We took the  last option.  If there is no season,  time for the owners to  start talking to the NFLPA (and not bury their  heads in the sand) about what if scenarios. I doubt the Chiefs would be very happy to  pay Mahomes $50 million to go fishing for 9 months. 

It may wind up like MLS or Premier League with no fans in the stands. There's big problems if a top qb or 1\2 the team comes down with covid. I'll take this as a sign of things to come, the Big 10 just canceled all out of conference games. 

On 7/6/2020 at 4:51 PM, gumby73 said:

I never even heard of this dude until the whole Baker Twitter fight thing (Gawd that's sooo fucking lame to type, much less say) but I liked everything he said in that clip. Can't wait to watch them in 2021.